Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    I'd say "not dying to fists" is a pretty good benefit.
    ooh, I can clearly see it now: rubick buys diffusal, doesn't die to fists anymore.
    But has no mana and still dies to ganks cause no hp and mana.
    Success?

Point is, Diffusal does not counter Warlock as hard as few of you try to imply.
    Sure, you will get rid of fists, but then again, Rain of Khaoss is almost equal to Tide's Ravage, and yet you must also find a way to counter Bonds and Word to render Warlock completely useless.
    Bottom line is: DIffusal does not completely destroy Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    ooh, I can clearly see it now: rubick buys diffusal, doesn't die to fists anymore.
    Success?

Point is, Diffusal does not counter Warlock as hard as few of you try to imply.
    Sure, you will get rid of fists, but then again, Rain of Khaoss is almost equal to Tide's Ravage, and yet you must also find a way to counter Bonds and Word to render Warlock completely useless.
    Bottom line is: DIffusal does not completely destroy Warlock.
    Botoom line is: You build items that benefit you the most, if diffusal for destroying the golem is the best item at given time, you just do it. Being demolished by golem constantly and whining how OP it is without doing an ounce to stop it is just bad play, the end.

Deleted
    Success?
    I am clearly advocating rushing Diffusal every time you see Warlock on the enemy team no matter how the game is otherwise going.

Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    I am clearly advocating rushing Diffusal every time you see Warlock on the enemy team no matter how the game is otherwise going.
    I am boldly forgetting to put [sarcasm] tags

I'm more than willing to hear you telling me who and how will farm up diffusal if your team does not posess a natural Diffusal Blade wielder like PL or Riki(or Jugger).
    Perhaps WD? WR?
    Or, maybe, CM?
    Oh, I know, it will be SD!!
    ixmike88 farmed diffusal and refresher on fucking ezalor to counter TC's mid aghanims warlock last time I saw his stream

it worked, too

I would have enjoyed seeing you flame him

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    ixmike88 farmed diffusal and refresher on fucking ezalor to counter TC's mid aghanims warlock last time I saw his stream

it worked, too

I would have enjoyed seeing you flame him
    Well, it always can boil down to questioning his parentage

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Dblade pudge!
    That sounded legit until I remembered that Atos was in the game

It might or might not have taken me over five minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    That sounded legit until I remembered that Atos was in the game

It might or might not have taken me over five minutes
    Saw a guy on enemy team do it a few days ago, I think we might've had an omni, though, don't remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for the finals in the Defense 3 Fnatic vs Vitus.Pro BO5 awwww yeaaaaa.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time you buy Vanguard on a ranged hero or Sange and Yasha on anyone, god kills a kitten. Don't kill kittens, guys.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Every time you buy Vanguard on a ranged hero or Sange and Yasha on anyone, god kills a kitten. Don't kill kittens, guys.
    I have seen couple of SnY Naixes lately. Also not sure how troll they were, but just a few days ago I saw SnY gyro, I think it was NTH vs TL?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    SnY is core on slark.... im just sayin bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    I have seen couple of SnY Naixes lately. Also not sure how troll they were, but just a few days ago I saw SnY gyro, I think it was NTH vs TL?
    I don't get all this hate on SnY. It is good items since it gives you Agility and Str (and if one of these is your main stat, you get huge damage output from it due to AS and damage), also it gives you movement speed and chance to Maim (iirc, it slow attack speed and move speed), and it is easy to build even if you are getting ganked alot (cheap parts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, Yasha/Manta isn't much use on Naix, and Sange/Halberd is kind of pointless on Gyro. I guess the move speed on Naix is nice, but that's why you get phase boots. Halberd is amazing on him if you're not your team's primary carry.

To be honest I think Vanguard needs a buff to make it worth buying. Ever since they buffed up Armlet back when, there's virtually no reason to buy Vanguard on anyone ever - Armlet does what it does, but better.

Maybe it needs the Atos treatment or something... like +300 HP or something. Maybe make it able to be disassembled.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Manta is core on n'aix. Infest an image and watch people blow their ults on fake-you just for real-you to pop out and eat them.

SY is core on BB though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Manta is core on n'aix. Infest an image and watch people blow their ults on fake-you just for real-you to pop out and eat them.
    Nai'xception?

Correct. Here's what Loda had to say:

https://twitter.com/LodaBerg/status/317832884994076672
    https://twitter.com/LodaBerg/status/317836650686332929

edit: to add to the discussion on Vanguard, Icefrog wrote a blog a bit before dota 2 came to be about balance of items and heroes. He was of the belief that perfect balance is not when every hero (or item) is viable, but rather when nothing is strong to the point of breaking said balance more than everything else. With that said, Vanguard isn't that great, but it doesn't need to be either. It works in lower tiers of match making (I used to build it all the time, and it was core on most heroes I played pre-nerf in HoN). Something not being used in the professional scene does not neccesarily equate to being up/op or even in need of a change, as the game isn't balanced solely around the professional scene.
    Last edited by Longview; 2013-03-30 at 06:13 PM.

No comments on Magnus then, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistine View Post
    SnY is core on slark.... im just sayin bro
    Why would you waste money on SnY instead of Skadi?