Deleted

[Shadow] 8085 haste plateau unreachable?

Hey guys

I am a fairly new level 90 spriest, I'm not here to complain about my DPS because it is okay for the content I'm currently doing and for my item level. However, I can't seem to reach the haste plateau of 8085 haste at 380 avg ilvl. Is this normal?

My armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ralyzis/simple

Constructive criticism on my gear is always welcome

Thanks

I'm going to assume you meant to say '480 avg ilvl'. It can actually be rather difficult to reach at that item level, depending on the items you have. It will likely be the case that unless you have haste trinkets/lots of gear with haste you can put off thinking about the plateau for another 10-15 ilvls. Unless you specifically gem full-haste and skimp on hit, I doubt you'd reach it.

10+ Year Old Account
    After checking your gear if you gemed for haste, you can get around 7300 haste rating with your gear. A few more upgrades should allow you to tip over 8085, especially once you replace those blues.

edit. That is geming for haste within reason, not straight haste. Haste/spirit and int/haste primarilly.
    Last edited by Ambereldus; 2013-03-30 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Clarification

15+ Year Old Account
    My guide (stickied at the top of the forums) actually recommends ignoring the 8085 haste plateau until you are in ~495 item level. Before that you are almost certain to be giving up DPS by gemming / reforging for it, even after ~495 it can often be a DPS loss if it costs you too many stats to reach it, but that's when you should start considering it - if for example you have a static haste trinket like Light of the Cosmos - then you will likely be in range after 495, and swapping some gems and enchants around will lead to the plateau and a corresponding DPS increase.

Remember that the plateau is only worth about 3k DPS in ~495 item level, so it's good - but it's gimping your other stats (especcially Int) to reach it is frequently a DPS loss overall. It becomes worth more the higher item level you have however (as overall DPS increases, so does the benefit of haste plateaus, because they are relative).

At 480 item level, your primary concern should be Intellect and Hit capping, as both of these are likely to offer you more DPS than the haste plateau (which often people over-estimate the value of).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-03-30 at 09:20 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    I'm also 480 and I had no problem with reaching 8085, but that's with the rf light of the cosmos and a lot of pvp gear which has loads of haste on it; even without the trinket I was just over it. The 476 pvp gear seems really well itemised to me, but some people seem funny about people wearing it still.
    Last edited by mmoc263431aa9d; 2013-03-30 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iskla View Post
    I'm also 480 and I had no problem with reaching 8085, but that's with the rf light of the cosmos and a lot of pvp gear which has loads of haste on it; even without the trinket I was just over it. The 476 pvp gear seems really well itemised to me, but some people seem funny about people wearing it still.
    There should be no problem at all with wearing the PvP gear. It is now itemized to have 2 secondary stats.

Thanks for the advice. I am over hit cap and can't seem to get below it. Annoying trinket. But I don't seem to have another choice atm. Saving up VP for the 522 trinket with static int and haste proc; is it worth it? Seems quite good for being so easy to get. I don't trust my luck to wait for the Cosmos trinket but I'll keep running LFRs nonetheless!

Deleted
    I don't know how you decide on your reforges, I use wowreforge.com and found it really helpful for getting hit spot on and freeing up haste. Also, if you use a belt buckle you can get another 320 haste from that. I did get incredibly lucky with the 483 drops I got from raid finder - boots, belt and tier gloves all with haste, as well as the cosmos and a 483 trinket, all from about the same number of runs as you, perhaps I got all your luck! And I love bgs so with all the haste gear from honour points I'm awash with haste

I love the look of the VP 522 trinket and it's second best in the pre-raid BIS list at http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?t=3165#iTrinket so definitely seems worth going for! Good luck with the grind

Haste is king. With the changes to shadow in 5.2 you want maximum haste p much

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt