Saw Chinese in a chat bubble in US LFR

Saw someone use Chinese characters in a chat bubble in US LFR. Never seen that in 6 years.
    I have the prat addon but not the unicode addon.

I think it's cool looking, kinda manga-ish and wanted to know how I could do that.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2013-03-31 at 12:28 PM.

You're mystified by the look of non-latin characters?

Also you found Chinese to look manga-ish. Ok then.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea, manga is Japanese.

I think it was added in the last patch, I wanted to use Japanese characters a while ago and couldn't find a way/addon to make it work.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    yea, manga is Japanese.
    Japanese uses Chinese kanji in its written language, along with its own hiragana and katakana characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    Saw someone use Chinese characters in a chat bubble in US LFR. Never seen that in 6 years.
    I have the prat addon but not the unicode addon.

I think it's cool looking, kinda manga-ish and wanted to know how I could do that.
    hard to copypaste from google translator?

I understand the difference between hatagana and kanji etc I've even written it in calligraphy, not really here for a cultural lesson or anything, just curious about how it was done. But yeah, google translator worked, thanks you can copy and paste it into /say

Now to figure out how to make a macro with it
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2013-03-31 at 05:34 PM.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh I hate it when people do that. It messes my chat frame up. Usually every time I see someone do that I report them for spam and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    寻找突袭吸

Not realy hard too fake it. Hmm..lets see if it works in EU. Sounds like a good way for a april joke.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

there's loads of ?????? chat on illidan. would be nice if they just banned those scumbags but greedy blizzard won't do anything.
    regardless, not sure about chinese signs (letters?) but I can type in cyrillic just fine as well (I don't use it in trade chat etc. though, just tried once if it worked).

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    there's loads of ?????? chat on illidan. would be nice if they just banned those scumbags but greedy blizzard won't do anything.
    regardless, not sure about chinese signs (letters?) but I can type in cyrillic just fine as well (I don't use it in trade chat etc. though, just tried once if it worked).
    Why would they ban them for that ?

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I can tell, the NA localization of WoW does not support anything thats not base unicode, counting out most foreign languages that use a drastically different alphabet, IE Chinese, Japanese, Korean. I have tried to input Kanji into chat once, but only came out as ????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    The TOS says not to use foreign languages on servers that don't typically have people who speak it, as it's rather rude. You could get away with saying anything you like, because nobody else would know what you're saying. I don't know that they'd straight up ban someone for that, maybe a suspension, but if you did it enough, yeah, they could ban you for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    cause it's annoying as fk, and I'm pretty sure there's a rule on the forums that English is the only language allowed - I'm assuming there's something like that for ingame chat too.
    edit: just read read the post above mine - sorry I was too late heh. so it's even in the TOS ... but blizzard seems to not care sadly. if I report like 5 ??? posts in a row I get kicked out of the game so hey there's even incentive to just leave them be (not like a report is gonna do anything it feels like a 3h ban or w/e is the max for this kind so they never get a perma ban for this no matter if there's repeat offenders.) I wish blizzard was california ... 3 strikes and you're out!
    Last edited by xindralol; 2013-03-31 at 07:33 PM.

Have you considered that your behaviour might actually be more rude than somebody not speaking english?

Deleted
    You naive people would have a field day on EU.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow haha gonna be fun to spam trade with this

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    cause it's annoying as fk
    Oh no, someone spoke another language near you. Time to throw a fit because they're speaking some kind of filthy foreign tongue and not Americanese!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazamaras View Post
    You naive people would have a field day on EU.
    I don't see what the hell there problem is. As someone who plays on oceanic realms which are none the less American servers just flagged as oceanic I know people that can't speak there native language on wow because they are American servers which "everyone should only speak English" according to people in this thread. If someone, or a group of people want to speak they native language they should dam well be able to. And it looks finally like in 5.3 they let them start doing that.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Happened to me the other day as well, I thought it was just a debuff warning addon of a chinese guy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    As far as I can tell, the NA localization of WoW does not support anything thats not base unicode, counting out most foreign languages that use a drastically different alphabet, IE Chinese, Japanese, Korean. I have tried to input Kanji into chat once, but only came out as ????
    I know you can get custom font files for different languages, and there are addons for displaying unicode fonts as well.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.