Thread: Which trinket?

Which trinket?

Im seeing a lot of Sub Rogues using http://www.wowhead.com/item=94356. Wouldnt http://www.wowhead.com/item=94373 be more beneficial for dance as a sub rogue?

Even with the engineering gloves, it would seem like http://www.wowhead.com/item=94373 is more beneficial.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Badge. Always.

Regardless of spec, the additional burst is better to have and not need rather than need and not have (because of internal cooldowns and having the insignia proc when it wasn't necessary).

Sub is an exceptional case though, since the badge's 1-minute cooldown parallels Shadow Dance. Insignia on a sub rogue may or may not be an indicator of stupidity but is certainly one for ignorance.

Or they don't want to add that one extra line onto their macro, in which case they are indeed stupid. They're gimping themselves in either regard.

No not badge always...

If you are an engineer get proc one. You can't use both the glove enchant and the on use one at the same time so it's worthless. The glove enchant is a 1 min cooldown which is the same as dance. No point getting the on use trinket unless you want to use it outside of dance for some reason in which case the proc trinket procs more agil outside of dance AND has a chance to line up perfectly with your dance.

It usually procs within the first couple hits if you premed SnD before your opener so you will have it up for your opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    If you are an engineer get proc one. You can't use both the glove enchant and the on use one at the same time so it's worthless.
    It's not worthless. They share a cooldown, but the synapse springs are only delayed in their use by 30 seconds. Meaning you can use your burst macro again 30 seconds later when necessary while everything else is recharging. This is a benefit, not a detriment.

If you are an engineer, place your tinkered gloves one line below your badge in your burst macro so they will be used on the second go-around 30 seconds later. I am an engineer, and it's what I do. They're a delicious complement.

Get the badge. Always. Do not rely on procs for damage the demands punctuality.
    Last edited by AwdBawl; 2013-04-01 at 06:41 AM.

Shadow dance is a 1 minute cooldown.
    On-use trinket is a 1 minute cooldown.
    Glove enchant is a 1 minute cooldown.

Your burst macro aka swifty is on cooldown when you try to hit it 30 seconds later. The only way to use both glove enchant and on-use for ambushes is to macro one into dance and the other into vanish or something and get a couple ambushes with subterfuge. Use the proc trinket, or drop engineering and get another profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    Shadow dance is a 1 minute cooldown.
    On-use trinket is a 1 minute cooldown.
    Glove enchant is a 1 minute cooldown.

Your burst macro aka swifty is on cooldown when you try to hit it 30 seconds later. The only way to use both glove enchant and on-use for ambushes is to macro one into dance and the other into vanish or something and get a couple ambushes with subterfuge. Use the proc trinket, or drop engineering and get another profession.
    The 1-minute cooldown on synapse springs is after the GLOVES are used. If ANOTHER item (badge) in its category is used, all similar items (synapse springs included) suffer a standard 30-second cooldown if they aren't on cooldown >30 seconds already. I just logged on and pressed my macro twice, staring at my character panel and buff bar, 30 seconds apart, to witness this with my own eyes. Both worked.

Better yet, as a small edit the standard cooldown is actually 20 seconds instead of 30 now that I've given it an in-game look.

And why MUST the synapse springs be used with Shadow Dance? I made no claims they could be, or should.

Use the badge for your dance, and the synapse springs for when your badge is recharging. In this context, there is literally nothing the Insignia brings to the table that Badge/Springs do not do better. Badge is stronger than the insignia and on demand, and synapse springs provide a boost where the badge wouldn't be usable and the insignia would. And since they still work with the badge in the same macro, they are also on demand.

Get. The. Badge.
    Last edited by AwdBawl; 2013-04-01 at 07:14 AM.

Holy Christmas..... Yes I understand that the gloves and on-use can be used 30 seconds apart. What I'm saying is why would you want to have 1000 less agility for the time in between dances?

Say you have engineering and you macro the on-use with dance. You dance with +2801 agil. 30 seconds later during no dance you use gloves for +1920 agil.

If you have gloves and proc you get +1920 agil dance. The proc trinket will proc in your opener 8 times out of 10 which gives you an extra +3954 agil. (thug cleaves and RMPs rejoice) The proc trinket procs 3954 agil once a minute after that and has a chance to proc during glove enhanced dances.

It's really up to you though. The argument could be made in the past that you could be sitting in roots or kited during the proc but with throw rogues you will always be doing decent damage so the proc isn't really going to waste. Your opener will be just as strong if not stronger with the proc trinket. Don't know how good the rocket gloves are this expansion but you could use those and the on-use trinket. To me, woundman, reckful, etc. an extra 1000 agil in between dances is hard to pass up for the control of the on-use trinket I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdBawl View Post
    Badge. Always.

Regardless of spec, the additional burst is better to have and not need rather than need and not have (because of internal cooldowns and having the insignia proc when it wasn't necessary).

Sub is an exceptional case though, since the badge's 1-minute cooldown parallels Shadow Dance. Insignia on a sub rogue may or may not be an indicator of stupidity but is certainly one for ignorance.

Or they don't want to add that one extra line onto their macro, in which case they are indeed stupid. They're gimping themselves in either regard.
    No, not Badge alwaus. Not at all. I'd rather say Insignia.
    Get an addon to track when the insignia can proc. Time your burst with that. Insignia gives you way better stats for burst. And it procs about 2 times per minute, on a 20 sec buff. Thats means it has a 60% uptime. Much more beneficial than Badge that you can use 1 time each min, and it gives 1k less PvP Power.
    Last edited by Machomaije; 2013-04-01 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    Say you have engineering and you macro the on-use with dance. You dance with +2801 agil. 30 seconds later during no dance you use gloves for +1920 agil.

If you have gloves and proc you get +1920 agil dance. The proc trinket will proc in your opener 8 times out of 10 which gives you an extra +3954 agil. (thug cleaves and RMPs rejoice) The proc trinket procs 3954 agil once a minute after that and has a chance to proc during glove enhanced dances.

It's really up to you though. The argument could be made in the past that you could be sitting in roots or kited during the proc but with throw rogues you will always be doing decent damage so the proc isn't really going to waste. Your opener will be just as strong if not stronger with the proc trinket. Don't know how good the rocket gloves are this expansion but you could use those and the on-use trinket. To me, woundman, reckful, etc. an extra 1000 agil in between dances is hard to pass up for the control of the on-use trinket I guess.
    reckful ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckful/advanced ) is actually using synapse springs on his dance and the proc trinket. anyways you lose 900 agility on demand when you dance but you gain almost 3000 agility to your opener if you play comps like thug cleave/rmp/double dps in 2's.

Deleted
    Racial change to human and use both!