Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you ignore people in normal BGs?

I read somewhere that if you ignore people you will never join a battleground (or pve heroic) with them. (is that correct?)

If the above statement stands lately I ignore persons I wouldn't like to group with.

Those persons can be:

a) afkers or bots
    b) let them win whiners
    c) bad geared players. Sure everyone must start somewhere but please have the dignity to buy the crafted pvp set. It is cheap!

It feels great not having to team up with them again.

Anyone else doing the same? And how many slots does our ignore list have?

I thought it was tied to battle groups?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I thought it was tied to battle groups?
    Random BGs have no ties to Battlegroups.
    They havn't for a long time.

OT: I don't know if ignoring them means you never group up with them again, but I ignore people once in a while.

Deleted
    I hope it does :P Every random bg you join there is atleast 2-3 uber bad geared (green - fresh dinged) people, then there are 2-3 bots and some just uber bad players ...

If that was a guaranteed mechanism it seems like it could cause a matchmaking gridlock at some point.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

Aww man I thought this was gonna be about people generally not listening to any calls/strategy and just running around herping and derping. I was actually interested if a large amount of the player base willingly ignores calls since thats what it seems like half the time.

Ignore list isn't big enough to do this unfortunately.

Deleted
    I usually do not ignore people, other than those who feel the need to whisper me stupid things.

Apart from that, I wish we could perma-ignore whole accounts, or even better, persons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Ignore list isn't big enough to do this unfortunately.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/ignore-more

Everyone starts out bad-geared and they're the "new generation" so one day you might be alone, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Everyone starts out bad-geared and they're the "new generation" so one day you might be alone, lol.
    I know plenty of people who farm/buy/craft the crafted gear.
    And usually in a 10 man game its usually just one person with abysmal gear.

It would be a great mechanic if the ignore list would be of such small capacity... I filled it up in 3 weeks of when LFG came out in patch 3.3.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

wat?

I can't ignore people from other servers, for some reason. When I right-click their name in the chat and choose Ignore, it just says Player not found, but I was able to previously.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just create another tab for BGs and switch it off. My ignore list is near capacity from lfr.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    The problem with bots are solved! Everyone in the game just have to ignore them...

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    wat?

I can't ignore people from other servers, for some reason. When I right-click their name in the chat and choose Ignore, it just says Player not found, but I was able to previously.
    You have to type out their name and ignore them.

So say I'm playing on Outland and someone from Stormscale is mouthing off in /i about everyone being bad. I'd type /ignore Hisname-Stormscale and he'd be ignored. It is always [Name]-[Server], no spaces between either and the '-'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I read somewhere that if you ignore people you will never join a battleground (or pve heroic) with them. (is that correct?)

If the above statement stands lately I ignore persons I wouldn't like to group with.

Those persons can be:

a) afkers or bots
    b) let them win whiners
    c) bad geared players. Sure everyone must start somewhere but please have the dignity to buy the crafted pvp set. It is cheap!

It feels great not having to team up with them again.

Anyone else doing the same? And how many slots does our ignore list have?
    I ignore everyone who's a jackass to random strangers/his or her team in BGs, until my ignore list fills up It needs to be bigger :x Otherwise, I don't much care what people do, just don't be one of those "OMG THIS TEAM SUCKS" "OMG UR ALL AWFUL" fools.

If someone is to lazy to get the contenders set at least and rocks up to a BG with lvl 85 greens I will report them afk. Yes its hard to break into the 90 pvp bracket but sorry but I ain't carrying slackers.

You don't show up to an Ice hockey game without good pads or you gonna get owned. But even that bicycle helmet and soccer shin guard will do for the time being.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've never ignored anyone in the 6 years I've played this game.

But if this is true I'll have to start doing it :P At least I have room for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless someone is behaving like a real ass, I don't bother ignoring them. The chances to meet the same players multiple times in a random battleground are rather small.