Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is Yogg-Saron influencing Garrosh?

Yep. Yogg-Saron. Not Y'Shaarj. Yogg-Saron. I remember when Cataclysm was announced and they showed pictures of the new Orgrimmar, that was rebuild with steel and iron, that Afrasiabi said, that we should recognize the black iron he uses - "it's from somewhere". Now I always took it as, it's from Northrend, and it's Saronite. And Saronite is the black blood of Yogg-Saron. http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Black_Blood_of_Yogg-Saron

So I'm pretty sure the Horde took it and build the new Orgrimmar out of this. The metal is even said to breathe. Is it possible that Garrosh and the orcs are under the influence of Yogg-Saron since the end of Wrath of the Lich King?

I dont think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt Yogg-Saron will make another appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Yogg & C'thun aren't perma-killed, but recent datamined stuff seem to lead towards Sha of Pride "possessed" Garrosh eventually with an "Echo of Y'Shaarj" in the 5.3 scenario (since they dug up Y'Shaarj's heart)

I think Saronite away from Yogg's presence is alright; after all most of Tirion and Darion's guys as well as players wore Saronite for a long time, and they aren't down with the syndrome like Garrosh,

That's really stretching things, especially since we basically know what actually happens with Y'Shaarj's heart being uncovered and all that. I know that saronite is called black blood in that one quest, but the structures in Northrend weren't built out of it, that's for certain (the blacksmith in Agmar's Hammer had trouble figuring out what to do with it, and the buildings were already up by then). Aside from that, I don't see any thematic link between what is going on in the lore now and Yogg, and there has been zero mention of him since he was defeated.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

No the 'it's made of saronite thing' was fake, it's just normal metal.
    Twas brillig

God I hope not, this oh man I have been corrupted stories are way overdone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I almost for got that post by Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    That's really stretching things, especially since we basically know what actually happens with Y'Shaarj's heart being uncovered and all that. I know that saronite is called black blood in that one quest, but the structures in Northrend weren't built out of it, that's for certain (the blacksmith in Agmar's Hammer had trouble figuring out what to do with it, and the buildings were already up by then). Aside from that, I don't see any thematic link between what is going on in the lore now and Yogg, and there has been zero mention of him since he was defeated.
    Yeah but is the reason Garrosh looks for the heart because Yogg-Saron influences him?

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    No the 'it's made of saronite thing' was fake, it's just normal metal.
    How can it be fake, Alex largely hinted at it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Yes he said that we'd recognise the Iron, and then later clarified that it's Dark Iron. We covered this years ago.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post

How can it be fake, Alex largely hinted at it.
    He didn't 'hint' it he said the structures were familiar, all that meant was that they were NR style, they weren't made of saronite the people reading his comments just assumed that and everyone then assumed it must have been what he said without actually READING what he said.
    Twas brillig

Yeah but is the reason Garrosh looks for the heart because Yogg-Saron influences him?
    It's still a tremendous leap in logic. A much more coherent explanation is he's just power-hungry. Besides, have there ever been any examples in lore of saronite being used to influence or possess someone? All our characters have worn it at some point, and the Lich King also made extensive use of it with no ill effects.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes he said that we'd recognise the Iron, and then later clarified that it's Dark Iron. We covered this years ago.
    That is just cheap.

That is just cheap.
    Not as cheap as 'Old Gods did it'
    Twas brillig

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's always been an arrogant, ill-tempered jerk. He is now in charge of a race that mostly honors strength over any real morality. Pretty much the only reason the orcs haven't ALWAYS been this way is because Thrall learned an even temper from the humans and gained leadership up to this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do some sort of corruption story, but it's pointless because everyone (besides apparently Thrall) saw this coming from a mile away.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    That is just cheap.
    But true, like it or not. So take your wrong theories elsewhere.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Not as cheap as 'Old Gods did it'
    That's the thing about the old gods. They're the evil that lurks beneath, that pulls the strings. You can't do anything with the old gods without that element.

What I think is cheap about that statement is that it seems like an excuse because they set it up to be Saronite and then backed out of it. Why the hell would it matter if it was Dark Iron? Where the hell did the Horde get so much Dark Iron from anyway, especially after they came from Northrend were they spend 2 years and where Saronite was all over the place.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    But true, like it or not. So take your wrong theories elsewhere.
    I'm so sorry for throwing out ideas. I apologize deeply to anyone I might have offended with this. I'll never force anyone to read something like this ever again. Like I have to know about every blue post they ever wrote and every statement they ever made. Take your arrogance elsewhere
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-04-01 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they were talking about dark iron or just the updated Horde architecture in Northrend, not Saronite. Garrosh would know from the player's findings in Northrend that Saronite was the corrupting blood of an Old God, even he'd not be that silly surely.

That's the thing about the old gods. They're the evil that lurks beneath, that pulls the strings. You can't do anything with the old gods without that element.

What I think is cheap about that statement is that it seems like an excuse because they set it up to be Saronite and then backed out of it. Why the hell would it matter if it was Dark Iron? Where the hell did the Horde get so much Dark Iron from anyway, especially after they came from Northrend were they spend 2 years and where Saronite was all over the place.[COLOR="red"]
    Having the Old Gods be behind EVERYTHING is boring.

And they didn't back out of anything everyone just assumed thats what they meant.
    Twas brillig