Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why do allaince racials suck so much

Why cant i trade my now useless shadowmeld for ,say arcane torrent?Its practically useless in pvp, wereas torrent is another silence/rage generator

it now instanly removes itself, so you cant pull off that first attack(aimed shot/smite, for example)

blizz,just give allaince offensive racials, or make us be able to "trade" them. I will much,MUCH rather have a 2 second stun then a $hittyass "shadowmeld". Its really, useless. All warriors have incombat charge now, so no sense of "being unqiue", every class has some sort of aoe now so that doesnt matter either

take that back,

I guess it is useful, when we are getting gy farmed since most of allaince nowdays is 15 or younger

[Gift of the Naaru] : Heals the target for 20% of their total health over 15 sec. 3 minute cooldown.
    [Heroic Presence] : Increases chance to hit with all spells and attacks by 1%
    [Darkflight] : Activates your true form, increasing movement speed by 40% for 10 sec. 3 minute cooldown.
    [Viciousness] : Increases critical strike chance by 1%.
    [Mace Specialization] : Increases expertise with maces and two-handed maces by 3.
    [Sword Specialization] : Increases expertise with swords and two-handed swords by 3.
    [Every Man for Himself] : Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects, 2 minute cooldown.
    [Shortblade Specialization] : Expertise with Daggers and One-Handed Swords increased by 3
    [Escape Artist] : Escape the effects of any immobilization or movement speed reduction effect. Instant cast. 1.45 min cooldown.
    [Stoneform] : Activate to remove poison, disease, and bleed effects; +10% Armor; Lasts 8 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.
    [Gun Specialization] : increases chance to critically hit with Guns by 1%.
    [Mace Specialization] : Increases expertise with maces and two-handed maces by 3.

yea.... the alliance racials really suck.....????? trolllllololol

Deleted
    Chrisxor, he's right though. Aside from the human racial they're all subpar. You listening them all doesn't make them any better. Horde racials all in all are far superior. It's why I had to change from Goblin to Orc shaman, because the 25% stun reduction with the gem is absolutely insanely overpowered and useful.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is not the race that sucks, it is the person that uses it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Shadowmeld is the best PvP racial. Unless there has been a change for 5.3. Clear focus? Sneak drinks? Vanish as a clutch "counter" to a spell? There is a reason why Hydra's Alliance Priests are all NE's and not Humans.

I think hes over exaggerating. The alliance racials are not as bad as he makes them out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    I guess it is useful, when we are getting gy farmed since most of allaince nowdays is 15 or younger
    Same can be said of horde when they lose at battlegrounds. Ally racials could be a little better but it's not useless; free trinket,stone form, a HoT doesn't hurt.

Deleted
    Because obviously and undeniably Blizzard hates the Alliance and favors the Horde.
    /thread

Shadowmeld is actually incredibly useful in PvP if it's used right. It's harder to use than most other racials but it also pays off the most. Can use it to avoid CC's being cast on you, or to drop focus so you can CC someone without fear of being interrupted. It has a lot of other uses, but those are probably the two biggest ones.

Every Man for Himself is by far the best PvP racial in the game from a damage standpoint, you get an extra trinket so that's 5% PvP Power plus the proc for more of a stat. It's completely insane and I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been changed.

Escape Artist is pretty good, though it needs a shorter CD. If it were 45 seconds to match that of Will of the Forsaken I think it would be fine, but as it is it isn't terrible especially for melee classes.

Gift of the Naaru is pretty good too, it's a decent sized heal and can at least help out if it's absolutely needed. Not the best thing ever by any means, but I'd say it's on par with Goblin racials anyway.

I honestly have no idea what Worgen do, I've never played one so I can't say if their racials are of any help at all.

Right now the only 2 truly powerful racials are Human for damage from the extra PvP Power trinket, and Orc for the stun duration reduction with how bursty this game is, the stun reduction is amazing for surviving. Honestly none of the other racials are really game changers.

EMFH is great. The other suck. They should replace EMFH with a battlemaster like racial. Nerf undead + orc racials. Better everyone having bad racials then buffing all. Oh and make EMFH baseline.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Because obviously and undeniably Blizzard hates the Alliance and favors the Horde.
    /thread
    Hence why most of the world first kills are from Horde guilds. And some of those world first guilds even faction changed (i.e. Method) to get to the top.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    [Every Man for Himself] : Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects, 2 minute cooldown.
    [Stoneform] : Activate to remove poison, disease, and bleed effects; +10% Armor; Lasts 8 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.
    [Shadowmeld] : Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect.
    Aside from the bold one, the other racials are taken because they are unable to get EMFH, so basically Druids and Shamans in which case you'll generally go Night Elf Druid for 'Meld, as Darkflight is situational at best and 1% Crit is weak, and Dwarf Shaman for Stoneskin, since GotN is so weak and 1% Hit is useless since PvP gear gives you more than enough hit anyway. You missed 'Meld out btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racials are not going to make or break the game, and they certainly wont guarantee you a victory over someone else. It's how you play, which is why you chose the class that you are. Only a five year old would pick a class because of one ability. You choose something because it has everything that fits your play style and works for you. If you're going to sit there and complain that a racial is making you mad... go get your mommy's credit card and transfer over to something more your speed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It is not the race that sucks, it is the person that uses it.
    Sorry but no true. There is a reason the vast majority of progress guilds are playing Horde nowadays. Some racials are way, way to strong to pass up on.

And some people seem to still live in Wotlk. Shadow meld does not drop combat or interrupt casts anymore in rated PvP. It does that in World PvP and random BG's but there it really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mersynd View Post
    Racials are not going to make or break the game, and they certainly wont guarantee you a victory over someone else. It's how you play, which is why you chose the class that you are. Only a five year old would pick a class because of one ability. You choose something because it has everything that fits your play style and works for you. If you're going to sit there and complain that a racial is making you mad... go get your mommy's credit card and transfer over to something more your speed.
    Lies. There is a reason nearly all high rated Shamans on Horde are orc. 1 second less deep freeze for example is a gigantic thing to have.

a majority of high rated players go only orc or forsaken

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they removed the racials entirely, and let us play whatever race we wanted.

Alliance pvp racials are actually better than the horde ones, humans hello? shadowmelt is also nowhere near as useless as you think it is. Now pve on the other hand..

People still believe imbalanced racials in pvp / pve are not a big deal????

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-0-0.html

About as much Humans at 2.2k+ as Orcs and Undeads combined.
    It is funny though that you use that site as an example of why humans rock when right next to that horde have more 2200+ than alliance. If you play alliance you'll play human for PvP, there is no reason not unless as someone said above you are a shaman (dwarf) or Druid (nelf). The fact that orcs and undead are split so much means there is at least some balance within that faction for good racials.

Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    Why cant i trade my now useless shadowmeld for ,say arcane torrent?Its practically useless in pvp, wereas torrent is another silence/rage generator
    You think shadowmeld is useless because it's no longer possible to do cheesy shit like aimed shots and OOC charges (back in the day)? Jesus. Shadowmeld is one of the best racials in the game.

And if all you care about is PVP then hello EMFH...

Honestly they really should either remove racials or radically redesign them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.