Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Nobody cared about "Void Shift" during 5.0&5.1... then it suddenly became imbalanced?
    The same applies for changes with "Mass Dispel". So the changes are only bad design and something to please the mob.
    But the fact that others classes still get their special treatment (Mages say hello) is just unfair.
    Again, well played Mr. Crab.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenobaal View Post
    Nobody cared about "Void Shift" during 5.0&5.1... then it suddenly became imbalanced?
    It was sickly OP in 5.1(?) where you could void shift shadowfiend and mindbender
    This was really fun until they nerfed it

Deleted
    Yeah that was not working as intended and hotfixed in lightspeed, but Void Shift itself wasn't the problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    The same applies for changes with "Mass Dispel". So the changes are only bad design and something to please the mob.
    But the fact that others classes still get their special treatment (Mages say hello) is just unfair.

Nobody cared? It was the #1 ability people thought made SP over the top in PvP.
    It is a good thing BLZ changed it instead of their usual stupid illogical nerfs.

Deleted
    I just remembered the pvp class changes for 5.2:

We nerfed Phantasm and Psyfiend, both talents that all Shadow Priests took (and to be fair, many other priests as well) and reduced their healing (though remember we also offset that nerf somewhat with the change to PvP Power to benefit their healing somewhat). We didn’t want to hurt Mass Dispel or other utility that Shadow provides, especially in PvE. We also reduced Shadow burst a little through the Glyph of Mind Spike.
    This just shows how determined they think they are before getting overwhelmed by the tears of bads and just change their minds instantly.
    Im just happy that i made the right choice when i stopped playing my shadow priest a few patches back. This is horrible balancing.

I hope this is an april joke
    Or else I think I will just reroll a warlock or smt.

Deleted
    As usual i agree with almost everything Yvaelle says. The suggestions would indeed be better solutions the way i see it.

I don't think this is april's fool, sorry to you all who wished it was. If it is any consolation, this is still not live/final, there is still room for a revert, or another way to do it.

I also was surprised seeing as i remember the quote Saltyharbls wrote. Thought MD was gonna be left untouched. Not sure if i wanna stick it out on my shadow for much longer, but thats not only because of constant nerfs but that i long for playing something melee again.

Good, they're finally balancing shadow.

You shouldn't be punished for not having a shadowpriest on your team.

As much as I think spriests need utility nerfs, whos going to hold thugcleave in check after these nerfs? If you dont have an spriest currently then thugcleave is damn near unstoppable/unhealable damage. Going to be even worse after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Good, they're finally balancing shadow.

You shouldn't be punished for not having a shadowpriest on your team.
    Right, so mages and dk's are just fine... Really...

Some increased cd's maybe, but this is just forcing shadow priests to play disc just to stay competetive

Deleted
    0,4 sec MD is a very situational glyph and utility in PvE, but sometimes incredibly useful.

Uhhhhh

People have been saying how amazing and potentially OP Void Shift is when it was first revealed before even the MoP beta was released. During the MoP beta people said how good Void Shift was in PvP, especially for a Shadow Priest.

The reason people have recently started complaining about it more is because the other classes that were more OP than Shadow Priests got nerfed.... so Shadow Priests slowly rose to the top. Of course you are going to have problems when you have a DPS that has as much utility as a Shadow Priest.

they made moonkin useless in 5.3 no moonkin above 2.3k rating except my team moonkin,unh dk,disc priest.I will see no more moonkin in pvp

because they remove the beam yards glyph

Deleted
    Void Shift should be removed from shadow pvp because atm we are too good at keeping our teamates alive. However our personnal survival will need be buffed with these 5.3 nerfs. Something like current phantasm being baseline for shadow and the old untargettable phantasm replacing that talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    1)- WHY ARE NERFS NEEDED? Are spriests the dominant spec in arena, or something? I think the answer is no.

Yes they are. At high rating, according to arenajunkies, priests are the most representated class with over 17%
    every high rated player will agree that shadow priests are the best dps in arena right now, they bring the most utility on top of wicked damage, control and healing potential

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I'm still assuming it's either wholly or in part an April Fool's joke, Blizz often warns us against the accuracy of data mining info. If it's still the case in a day or two I'll go to war.

Here's what it Should be:

- Mass Dispel no longer removes undispellable effects, base cast time changed to 0.5 seconds
    - Glyph of Mass Dispel allows it to remove undispellable effects, but increases the cast time by 1 second
    I REALLY like this idea. Wish they did this instead for mass dispel. Still in PTR so we can only hope.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Big buff to anybody with magic CC/stun/silence. 0.5 second mass dispel made it incredibly effective and efficient to clear CCs with little fear of being locked out. Shadow can still get them off, but it's going to be much more difficult to clear your arena partners of fears/poly/traps than it was before. Also it's going to be a lot easier to interrupt shadow priests trying to MD paladin/mage bubbles in arena.

Void shift will hurt.

All in all this puts a pretty big nerf on shadow in arena while keeping disc pretty much the same.

Void shift on shadow being 10 minutes in PvE really doesn't make a big difference.

They likely aren't going to tinker it anymore. Shadow is pretty good in arena right now with loads of utility, despite not getting much love healing wise in 5.2. The reason shadow was so strong was because of the pretty insane burst when lined up properly, off-healing potential and their overall support abilities. Void shift was another CD you had to burn through on any competent team in arena and mass dispel made it pretty hard to gain any traction on a team with a shadow priest. Against a shadow priest team you can't simply CC the healer and train one of the DPS because the priest (every 15 seconds) can effectively dispel for the team. Whereas with most compositions you can.

Helps Mages, Warlocks, Hunters and Paladins quite a bit.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2013-04-02 at 11:40 PM.

About time.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 02:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    As much as I think spriests need utility nerfs, whos going to hold thugcleave in check after these nerfs? If you dont have an spriest currently then thugcleave is damn near unstoppable/unhealable damage. Going to be even worse after this.
    Yeah Thugcleave needs to be slightly nerfed, Hunters should be nerfed tbh.

Deleted
    I always use Void Shift during the first minute of the match only to survive insane melee dmg. Removing Void Shift without giving another great selfheal destroys the spec.
    Coupled with nerfs to MD I really don't see why I should play my Spriest anymore.
    If you take away Spriest utility, what's the point bringing them into RBG or Arena? Heal...no that was already nerfed into the ground in 5.2!
    Mages have better survibility, burst dmg and control... same goes for WLs.
    Spriest mobility is nonexistent because every spell except SW:P needs to be hardcasted (Moonkin and Ele know what I'm talking about).

More PVE nerfs because of PVP? At least it isn't my damage this time.
    Hi Sephurik