Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why Alliance in SoO is bad thing

We know, that Alliance is joing Horde revolutionists in attempt to Siegie and ewentually assault Org.
    And why this is bad news for Horde? Because politically speaking its weaking the faction. Such a major player in WoW universe as Horde should not need or allow help of Alliance or any other faction. This just shows weakness of the Horde, its shows that they cannot deal with situation themself and must rely on help of their enemies to clean up mess within.
    The alliance contingent that will arrive at gates of Org will use Horde supplies, they will see Horde tactics, logistics etc. up close.
    Varian might want peace treaty with Horde after Garosh's demise but others might have diffrent point wiev.
    He may be "king" of the Alliance but dont forget about Jaina, Garosh head might be not enoigh for her.
    What you think?
    'Sorry for syntax, english is not my native.

Undercity says hi again.. Same thing. Horde problem; Alliance fixes it

Blizzard can do whatever they want inside the story. Alliance didn't make Undercity weaker during Putridus and Varimathras betrayal. They can avoid the same in Orgrimmar.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance is the only other big faction to stand against the horde's powers, Whether you think it is weak to get help is has to be done, and the Alliance have been hurrt by the Horde as well so they have as much right to go after the bad horde as us. The Allaince will bring some of their stuff, I think the horde/alliance will be more separate but will still be fighting together. It is not like we are combining the factions together in one force like we did in aq.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    If the Horde's mess wouldn't affect the Alliance, they wouldn't need to come clean it up themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimator View Post
    We know, that Alliance is joing Horde revolutionists in attempt to Siegie and ewentually assault Org.
    And why this is bad news for Horde? Because politically speaking its weaking the faction. Such a major player in WoW universe as Horde should not need or allow help of Alliance or any other faction. This just shows weakness of the Horde, its shows that they cannot deal with situation themself and must rely on help of their enemies to clean up mess within.
    The alliance contingent that will arrive at gates of Org will use Horde supplies, they will see Horde tactics, logistics etc. up close.
    Varian might want peace treaty with Horde after Garosh's demise but others might have diffrent point wiev.
    He may be "king" of the Alliance but dont forget about Jaina, Garosh head might be not enoigh for her.
    What you think?
    'Sorry for syntax, english is not my native.
    Actually, I believe it will be Horde revolutionists joining the Alliance in the siege because the Horde don't have the numbers to handle a full-on assault against Org. The Horde Revolutionaries look to make only about half of the population of the Horde. They help the Alliance and the Alliance allows them to continue exist under a more peaceful leadership.
    Last edited by delus; 2013-04-02 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    With Garrosh and the main strength of the horde gone .. what do the rest of the horde dream of achieving if we didn't help them?

Be realistic .. either horde gets the help they need or they will all perish.

From what I remember from the battle of the Undercity, the Horde never actually called the Alliance for help. Varian just wanted revenge on Putricide for killing Bolvar. The moment Varian heard Thralls voice, he didn't hesitate to try and kill him.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Major civil wars are almost never fought without outside support in some way. Rebellion is even more difficult because militarily Garrosh is holding all the Horde's cards (being Warchief). I would think the Alliance will be given information but left to plan their own strategy instead of sitting in on the Horde's briefing. Wouldn't surprise me if things are "left out" because they didn't think it was relevant only to result in Alliance deaths (you know, just to keep some animosity between the factions).

Yes, cut the Alliance out of the expansion pack's conclusion and give us absolutely no closure for all Garrosh has done to our faction in cata and mop. That sounds great.

Both sides have an angle to complain about here.

Horde say 'omg we shouldn't need the alliance to overthrow our own corrupt warchief!'

Alliance say 'omg we're just doing the Horde a favor here by giving them back Orgrimmar'

Ultimately though, the moral of the expansion is not to let pride get the better of us, 'proud races must admit they need help,' so of course garrosh becomes a threat neither can defeat alone.
    Last edited by Florena; 2013-04-02 at 03:52 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixiz View Post
    Undercity says hi again.. Same thing. Horde problem; Alliance fixes it
    Uhm... No. The Alliance didn't fix a thing during the Battle for the Undercity, if anything - Varian fucked it up completely.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    That may be right but obviously they can't make the raid only for horde players don't you think?

Your main point is that Jaina would not be fine with Garrosh's death.

If she wasn't fine with that, she wouldn't have stopped the Tidal Wave from destroying Orgrimmar no matter what Kalecgos said.

She wouldn't have simply imprisoned the Sunreavers, she would have slaughtered them.

She only wants Garrosh.

I think that by now the alliance knows how the horde fights, having fought them for years already must have taught them something, the horde is already weakened (Being split in two over Garrosh is pretty bad news), as for not needing help: the horde military is split as well, with the elite of the orcs being on Garrosh's side...

And making the siege a horde-only affair and telling the alliance-players "We're holding a raid and you're not invited"... Not a good idea :P

haha, poor Alliance has to be included in major horde storylines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I think that by now the alliance knows how the horde fights, having fought them for years already must have taught them something, the horde is already weakened (Being split in two over Garrosh is pretty bad news), as for not needing help: the horde military is split as well, with the elite of the orcs being on Garrosh's side...

And making the siege a horde-only affair and telling the alliance-players "We're holding a raid and you're not invited"... Not a good idea :P
    It would be amazing if alliance players after trying to go through instance portal would be kicked out and get "wait for proper alliance lore....lol" message.

I'm fine with using the blue team as cannon fodder, just as long as they remember their place; I don't want the Alliance to have any hold over us after the dust has settled. To them, SoO is about revenge, retribution and pre-emptive movement against a serious threat, not charity. We do not owe them for their participation, even if it was that overblown troll who got them to join in.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    haha, poor Alliance has to be included in major horde storylines.
    It's not a major Horde storyline - it's a major storyline, the end.

Yeah the alliance doesn't really get to shine in this expansion as blizzard said we would. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to help the faction we are at war with get rid of the tyrant who is making them weaker as a whole. Also I see alot of people highly overestimating the kor'kron. There is no way they could take on the Alliance army alone.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I'm fine with using the blue team as cannon fodder, just as long as they remember their place; I don't want the Alliance to have any hold over us after the dust has settled. To them, SoO is about revenge, retribution and pre-emptive movement against a serious threat, not charity. We do not owe them for their participation, even if it was that overblown troll who got them to join in.
    Incorrect. To them it's about justice and removing a world threatening danger.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 04:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Yeah the alliance doesn't really get to shine in this expansion as blizzard said we would. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to help the faction we are at war with get rid of the tyrant who is making them weaker as a whole. Also I see alot of people highly overestimating the kor'kron. There is no way they could take on the Alliance army alone.
    Here's the thing though. The Alliance isn't at war the with Horde as such, it's at war with Garrosh's Horde, there's a major difference.