Thread: me'dan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I find it utterly pathetic that the only reason why people hate this guy, is because he is too powerful for the game/world whatever.

"Flawless character" etc. Do you hate Superman too? And if you are religious, do you hate god? Did you hate Goku from DBZ? Bit weird... just because he is powerful.

And he isn't even effecting people ingame at the moment anyway. Perhaps when he does get implemented there will be major restrictions for him to be "all powerful". I find it very shortsighted this "hate" on him.

That said, if you find him boring as a character... thats fine with me. I think he's a bit boring in the comics... Bit unreasonable, not very intelligent about certain stuff. But I find it quite nice to have a "guardian" again in WoW. I like Me'dan a whole lot better then "Jesus" Thrall.

yet it was specificly said in Warcraft 3. that the world of Azeroth doesn't need a guardian anymore. and i find him myself a kind of useless character that would have no input in lore or game. He is basicly a guy who can do everything.... yea thats what we need.

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like med'an :S he would make a great link for peace between horde and alliance now that jaina and gone coo coo bananas :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The playerbase seem to dislike him, but also maybe because they are saving him for something big.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I find it utterly pathetic that the only reason why people hate this guy, is because he is too powerful for the game/world whatever.

"Flawless character" etc. Do you hate Superman too? And if you are religious, do you hate god? Did you hate Goku from DBZ? Bit weird... just because he is powerful.

And he isn't even effecting people ingame at the moment anyway. Perhaps when he does get implemented there will be major restrictions for him to be "all powerful". I find it very shortsighted this "hate" on him.

That said, if you find him boring as a character... thats fine with me. I think he's a bit boring in the comics... Bit unreasonable, not very intelligent about certain stuff. But I find it quite nice to have a "guardian" again in WoW. I like Me'dan a whole lot better then "Jesus" Thrall.
    Yes, I hate Superman for the same reason. Also, no, it's not Nice to have a Guardian in WoW again, since that completely fucks up the Warcraft 3 ending. Oh and you like Med'an more than Thrall? That's just hilarious.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I've just read up on Med'an and really... I don't see what the big deal is, doesn't sound overly powerful, just very potent in quite a bit of magic and potential for greater power.

But really, what great things did Med'an do? All I noticed was fighting some elementals and heal Valeera in Theramore and keeping Cho'gall from sacrificing him with a ward. Doesn't sound too bad to me when someone like Thrall is around who kept the world from collapsing... Med'an will show himself eventually I bet.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    I've just read up on Med'an and really... I don't see what the big deal is, doesn't sound overly powerful, just very potent in quite a bit of magic and potential for greater power.

But really, what great things did Med'an do? All I noticed was fighting some elementals and heal Valeera in Theramore and keeping Cho'gall from sacrificing him with a ward. Doesn't sound too bad to me when someone like Thrall is around who kept the world from collapsing... Med'an will show himself eventually I bet.
    The difference is that Med'an is like 19, he is a combination of three different races, and a Master of Nature, Holy and Arcane magic despite little to no training. The guy is a total author-avatar.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    For those that didn't understand... Med'an is half-human, half-orc, half-draneai and he can use Paladins, shaman, mages, and priests spells...
    Well, no, because that would add to 150%. He's half Human (father is Medihv), quarter Orc/ quarter Draenei (mother, Garona, is half orc, half squid-face); capable of calling on arcane magic, shaman magic, and the Holy Light.

Anywho, he's kinda Mary-Sue to show up in the game, and, as stated, the fans don't seem to like him all that much. I think he's an interesting binding agent between Horde and Alliance, what with his mixed ancestry and his parentage being pretty neutral (when not possessed, anyway), but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    I didn't read books but from the wiki I don't get the idea that he is some demigod, his only unusual characteristics is that he's Quarter-orc, quarter-draenei and half-human and that ''His unusual parentage and training has given him the unique ability to interweave shamanic magic with the arcane and divine.'', doesn't even say he's all that powerfull, I mean yeah he probably is powerfull, but not like a god.

We already have Thrall, and he's doing enough damage to the game as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    For those that didn't understand... Med'an is half-human, half-orc, half-draneai and he can use Paladins, shaman, mages, and priests spells...
    lol, since you CLEARLY don't understand, he's half human, quarter orc, quarter draenei mr. cool math

10+ Year Old Account
    You wouldn't be able to play as him, so he would largely exist to give the player money and/or items via quests. There are PLENTY of awesome and powerful lore characters that already exist for these purposes in the game as is.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vantricular View Post
    lol, since you CLEARLY don't understand, he's half human, quarter orc, quarter draenei mr. cool math
    I always thought it would be more interesting if he was quarter Orc/Human/Draenei/Tauren myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    I didn't read books but from the wiki I don't get the idea that he is some demigod, his only unusual characteristics is that he's Quarter-orc, quarter-draenei and half-human and that ''His unusual parentage and training has given him the unique ability to interweave shamanic magic with the arcane and divine.'', doesn't even say he's all that powerfull, I mean yeah he probably is powerfull, but not like a god.
    He resisted the corruption of C'thun despite being in actual, physical contact with him, and then clubbed Cho'gall with his amazing Guardian powers. He's a terrible character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    He resisted the corruption of C'thun despite being in actual, physical contact with him, and then clubbed Cho'gall with his amazing Guardian powers. He's a terrible character.
    He got rescued in time and doesn't say he fought Cho'gall - ''Together they managed to recover Med'an, but was intercepted by Cho'gall. Unable to fend off Cho'gall and with Meryl knocked unconscious, Valeera grew desperate and offered her body willingly to the dreadlord Kathra'Natir in order to use his power to fend off Chog'all. This gave Med'an enough time to revive Meryl who was able to teleport them all away to a secure location''

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    He got rescued in time and doesn't say he fought Cho'gall - ''Together they managed to recover Med'an, but was intercepted by Cho'gall. Unable to fend off Cho'gall and with Meryl knocked unconscious, Valeera grew desperate and offered her body willingly to the dreadlord Kathra'Natir in order to use his power to fend off Chog'all. This gave Med'an enough time to revive Meryl who was able to teleport them all away to a secure location''
    And that's not how the comic ends, that's only like halfway through. The comic ends with Med'an re-creating Atiesh, using it to blow down pieces of Ahn'Qiraj to on top of Cho'gall.

Deleted
    And that's not how the comic ends, that's only like halfway through. The comic ends with Med'an re-creating Atiesh, using it to blow down pieces of Ahn'Qiraj to on top of Cho'gall.
    Ah, sorry I hadn't gotten to that part yet so I thought you were refering to the one I quoted.

The difference is that Med'an is like 19, he is a combination of three different races, and a Master of Nature, Holy and Arcane magic despite little to no training. The guy is a total author-avatar.
    He actually isn't a master of any of them, specifically because he's had very little training. He's halfway decent with arcane magic (because he has been trained in it, to some degree, and now has Atiesh), but he's extremely "meh" with nature magic and struggled with the Light. Even then, he was only particularly powerful when the New Council of Tirisfal was directly empowering him, which they stopped doing after he collapsed Ahn'Qiraj on top of Cho'gall (which, as we've already seen, ultimately wasn't that effective anyway).

Basically, he's the ultimate example of jack of all trades, master of none.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2013-04-02 at 05:59 PM.

Awful, awful character.

If introduced I will only be able to conclude that I could defecate a complete story with better characters than Blizzard's finest writers can produce.

10+ Year Old Account

Personally if someone is very powerful that doesn't make a bad or boring character. That's just part of him. Now Med'an personally I could care less mostly because well hybrid races make me cringe and the only true Guardian IMO is Medivh so gtfo Med'an. Of course I'd be happy of Med'an died happily ony to get rid if the Guardian nonsense unless something truly dire came again.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ah, sorry I hadn't gotten to that part yet so I thought you were refering to the one I quoted.
    Heh fair enough ;P

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Personally if someone is very powerful that doesn't make a bad or boring character. That's just part of him. Now Med'an personally I could care less mostly because well hybrid races make me cringe and the only true Guardian IMO is Medivh so gtfo Med'an. Of course I'd be happy of Med'an died happily ony to get rid if the Guardian nonsense unless something truly dire came again.
    Nope, being powerful doesn't make you a terrible character obviously, but in his case, it's just more fuel on the fire honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love him. Plus, he's hot and would deserve a fresh character model with godly abs. Nevertheless, don't get your hopes up. Look at how they implemented Garona... She just stands there under a rickety hut in the Twilight Highlands handing out inconsequential quests and looking like a vanilla-armored NPC worthy of Razor Hill guard duty.