10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    How utterly fascist of all of you.
    "You dont like and think what i want you to? Time to die!"
    Its practical. Shepard is running a multi-species squad through dangerous missions. He can't afford to have squadmates that might let their prejudices hurt the mission. For this reason, Ashley is a greater threat to the mission than Kaiden. Similarly, Wrex has to be eliminated if he can't focus on the mission parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Ashley stopped being xenophobic long before the end of 1
    Kaiden will always be beige.
    Not really. She's still pretty pro-human in ME3. She brings it up when talking about Cerebrus early on. She doesn't *hate* aliens, but prefers humans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Its practical. Shepard is running a multi-species squad through dangerous missions. He can't afford to have squadmates that might let their prejudices hurt the mission.
    She wouldnt. Did you even speak to her, or are you just running with the "she doesnt love everyone, shes obviously a bigot that deserves to die" that is so usual in todays society?

Though I did like Kaiden more in ME3 "obviously", not a fan of the barbie-makeover
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally finished the campaign in ME3 and...I seriously hate Bioware for the ending.

Making all of these choices to craft the ending, and it's basically all useless and you get stuck with canned endings no matter what options you choose. Couldn't have been any worse imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    She wouldnt. Did you even speak to her, or are you just running with the "she doesnt love everyone, shes obviously a bigot that deserves to die" that is so usual in todays society?
    From a meta-game perspective, yes I know she wouldn't. From an ingame perspective, I don't know. I would keep an eye on her. She *said* she wouldn't let her feelings get in the way of the mission, but people say a lot of things that their actions later contradict.

There is also the tactical component to think of. Kaiden is a higher ranking officer and a biotic. Ashley is a grunt with no "special" skills. If you had to choose one of them to die from that perspective, then the choice would still be Ashley.

Deleted
    Thats the thing with games, you KNOW what they will and will not do.
    Thats the thing with bioware games, you dont just control the character, you control the game.
    People will live because you allow them to, and they will die because you demand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats the thing with games, you KNOW what they will and will not do.
    Thats the thing with bioware games, you dont just control the character, you control the game.
    People will live because you allow them to, and they will die because you demand it.
    +1 for Sovereign

But if people would die because I demand it, then Jack would have been spaced shortly after meeting her. Yeah sure, she's "redeemed" in ME3, but at the time in ME2 there is NO way I would bring someone that volatile on the ship.

Deleted
    Well default ME3 shep never recruited Jack so theres that.

Although, mixing Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls would be.. interesting.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-04-02 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    +1 for Sovereign

But if people would die because I demand it, then Jack would have been spaced shortly after meeting her. Yeah sure, she's "redeemed" in ME3, but at the time in ME2 there is NO way I would bring someone that volatile on the ship.
    I was explaining to my brother who usually overhears me playing ME. He asked my why I kept a psychopath on my ship. I told him because Shepard was a glory whore and he tamed the untameable biotic. There isn't anything he can't do. It's the primary reason he saves most people, I saved Reegar because I wanted to do it alone, screw sharing the spotlight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    The least played character from my 'main' run was Liara. I had to think about it, but the only time I used Liara was when you get her the Mars mission and the mission to get Javik. The combination was almost always Javik/Garrus or Javik/Tali.
    If I didn't have to take Liara, I didn't. I like her biotics, but I don't like constantly reviving her because she has a whopping 300 hp.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I was explaining to my brother who usually overhears me playing ME. He asked my why I kept a psychopath on my ship.
    Because not even Jack who woke up on the wrong side in TIMs bed could be as destructive or dangerous as ReneShep.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    If I didn't have to take Liara, I didn't. I like her biotics, but I don't like constantly reviving her because she has a whopping 300 hp.
    I cant even remember her dying when i played on insanity, except when defending the missile launchers on Earth.
    Maybe your Liara is braver than mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because not even Jack who woke up on the wrong side in TIMs bed could be as destructive or dangerous as ReneShep.

I cant even remember her dying when i played on insanity, except when defending the missile launchers on Earth.
    Maybe your Liara is braver than mine.
    I dunno man, every time I turned my head, she was down and out for the count. And I'm like "WTH Liara!" And yes, I play on Insanity too.

Found this on FB, for those of you who, like me, grew up with Legos:

Lego Reaper
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I am annoyed that he implies that a puny destroyer is Sovereign.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of money I would spend if there was a Mass Effect lego series. It's bad enough I bought the Limited Edition Millennium Falcon and Star Destroyer. Although the most gratifying thing is seeing all those little parts come together. Been trying for the past few years to get the AT-AT as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of money I would spend if there was a Mass Effect lego series. It's bad enough I bought the Limited Edition Millennium Falcon and Star Destroyer. Although the most gratifying thing is seeing all those little parts come together. Been trying for the past few years to get the AT-AT as well.
    I would go broke.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Looking at the save editor, the box for "recruited" was left unticked, and the dead box is also unticked so its not a "death by bugs" thing.
    McFuckNuggets Shepard simply handles things in the most logical way possible.
    I wouldnt recruit someone like jack either.

Also, default shep doesnt need to progress like we do.

Having some fun with the Omega DLC, wasn't going to get it but I changed my mind. Will say more once I finish it. Also Javik, i think that is his name, seems like a wimp other than his amazing no ammo rifle you get.

But I will say more once I finish the dlc tomorrow.

If we're not recruiting someone based on first impressions there's a lot of people I wouldn't have recruited. Miranda, Grunt, Zaeed, Thane, Javik, Jack, and Samara.

Miranda - snarky, appears to be as much of a glory whore as Shepard

Grunt - an unknown, first thing he does is attack Shepard

Zaeed - mercenary with loyalty as far as his next paycheck, meet him under questionable circumstances

Thane - uses you as a decoy before you even meet

Javik - first thing he does is attack Shepard

Jack - penchant for homicide and doesn't want to play nice with Cerberus

Samara - first thing we see is her execute an unarmed merc in cold blood, impossible to be certain she won't do the same to you if you happen to look at her wrong

Sometimes you have to look past first impressions for a mission that important.

Well, besides Javik(who doesn't attack shepard, just pushes her/him back) and Grunt the other people you are told to recruit by mister illusive who is your boss in 2.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Well, besides Javik(who doesn't attack shepard, just pushes her/him back) and Grunt the other people you are told to recruit by mister illusive who is your boss in 2.
    By that then Grunt doesn't "attack" Shepard either, just pins her against the wall. Either way, point still stands. And TIM tells you to recruit Jack as well.