Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Well, i would say Yes it is worth it. Why would it not? If you have the money to spare, do it, it will make you "life" as much easyer as you make it.
    I mean really, you do not, you already have 2, one for gameing 1 for shows or chat, when do you really need more then that. I mean i game wow and watch series on 1 screen. But well i wish i had 2, and even more 3. As you said, one for gameing, one for shows and one for whatever, If you can afford it go for it, it will be worth it. But as many people said, multiscreen gameing is not there yet, but for multipel doing things, yeah sure

Deleted
    Hmm ty guys.

It's a tough decision because if I do it, I need to sell my laptop.

I already have a buyer if I decide to sell my laptop. Which yes I can game on too.

Deleted
    tbh sell the laptop while you can, with haswell Igpu capacities of gaming on it are greatly improving thus driving the price of older dedicated mobile gpu laptops down. (assuming the buyer has common sense)
    also why not save the money?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    tbh sell the laptop while you can, with haswell Igpu capacities of gaming on it are greatly improving thus driving the price of older dedicated mobile gpu laptops down. (assuming the buyer has common sense)
    also why not save the money?
    You think I really should sell it?

Okay... :P

It has an Ivy bridge indeed.
    Thing is I can't game at friends when I sell.

Oh and saving and me don't go along.

Deleted
    best of both; turn your current rig into a mini itx monster you can still game at their place? (if they got a spare monitor/tv)
    well in regards to the selling, laptops drop in prices very fast it's even worse when new tech is coming. (haswell being mobile chip focus improvements)

if saving is not an option i could use another titan?

Deleted
    best of both; turn your current rig into a mini itx monster you can still game at their place? (if they got a spare monitor/tv)
    well in regards to the selling, laptops drop in prices very fast it's even worse when new tech is coming. (haswell being mobile chip focus improvements)

if saving is not an option i could use another titan?
    NO! You will have 1 Titan and like it!

Eh...not sure about the mini atx.

I wanted to do triple monitor with 750 euros. Already have a Dell U2412 IPS. (and a Samsung HDTV, though it is a good monitor but not the same height, I didn't know while buying....)

I actually have a buyer standby for that laptop at the moment.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-04-03 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    I would if I had the place on my desk. Using 2x 24 inch now and sometimes I wish I have had 1 more.

Deleted
    well is there something else you could upgrade on your rig?
    going high end sound setup perhaps?
    or if you really want more screen estate perhaps higher resolution? (this would however be quite taxing on your gpu)

Deleted
    well is there something else you could upgrade on your rig?
    going high end sound setup perhaps?
    or if you really want more screen estate perhaps higher resolution? (this would however be quite taxing on your gpu)
    There is plenty to upgrade but I think I don't need it. :P

Playing WoW and LoL mostly.
    I have a i5 2500 (not K) and a HD 7870 GPU, 500 watt PSU, cheap Asrock mobo ATX form. 8 gigs of ram 500gb HDD and 2 externals for more storage.

I guess I could go for an SSD but I don't really think it's worth it?

Deleted
    no SSD but considering tripple screen?
    you don't know what your missing. (mobo a Z77?)
    instant game load times are pretty damm awesome.

Deleted
    One of the best things I ever did.

It's an expensive route to go down though, assuming you want to be able to play all the latest games with good performance.

Deleted
    no SSD but considering tripple screen?
    you don't know what your missing. (mobo a Z77?)
    instant game load times are pretty damm awesome.
    Nope lol, Asrock H61 D/E.

SSD that awesome?

Also sure, triple screen is just amazing I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Nope lol, Asrock H61 D/E.

SSD that awesome?

Also sure, triple screen is just amazing I reckon.
    I'll put it this way:

We start the computers at the same time. While you are still waiting to get to your desktop, I'm tanking my daily random heroic, probably just pulled the first boss. SSDs are awesome.

No offense, but holy cow cant you concentrate on ONE thing at a time?

Playing a game on one monitor while following a series/movie on a second monitor and stilll feeling the urge to press buttons on a third screen?
    If you are planning to increase your multitasking capabilities, try to listen to an audiobook while beeing in a teamspeak, playing wow and watching a movie.

So how is your raiding all-day working? If i had to guess i´d go for following:
    "Another raid night has passed, phew. Unfortunateley due to me watching this movie and dying to fire cause of that we werent able to down the new boss we had planned to loot today. Well, at least i watched a film! But i cant really recall what it was about... Oh wait yeah it was about ships! Hmmm how did it end?

Again this is no ioffense, but really try it out. Focus on ONE sole thing, and you will be able to perform things you wouldnt have hoped before.

my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    No offense, but holy cow cant you concentrate on ONE thing at a time?

Playing a game on one monitor while following a series/movie on a second monitor and stilll feeling the urge to press buttons on a third screen?
    If you are planning to increase your multitasking capabilities, try to listen to an audiobook while beeing in a teamspeak, playing wow and watching a movie.

So how is your raiding all-day working? If i had to guess i´d go for following:
    "Another raid night has passed, phew. Unfortunateley due to me watching this movie and dying to fire cause of that we werent able to down the new boss we had planned to loot today. Well, at least i watched a film! But i cant really recall what it was about... Oh wait yeah it was about ships! Hmmm how did it end?

Again this is no ioffense, but really try it out. Focus on ONE sole thing, and you will be able to perform things you wouldnt have hoped before.

my 2 cents
    The idea is to have WoW spread over three screens for a massive field of view.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm using triple screens and I do NOT want to go back I only game on 1 or 2 screens and if 2 screens, then 2 games though, not 1 game extended.

I love my 3 monitors. 3 ASUS 24", 2 are LED other is LCD, the 2 LED only cost $200 CDN. I ran dual monitors for a few years but not that I have a 3rd I can't go back to 2 let alone a single monitor. I use a single monitor at work and so many times I wished I had a 2nd. Using a AMD 6950 2gb.

For gaming there are not a whole lot of games that work well out of the box. Playing Bioshock Infinite and it works flawlessly, same with Boarderlands 2. But a lot of games don't work so well and end up running them on just one monitor (Skyrim, WoW, GTA 4). There have been times that I had WoW on 1, then EVE running on 1 and youtube on the other, it's great for people who can multitask.

idk, atm I use two monitors, and when I get my new rig, I'll keep to two 22/23 inch

When I played, I used one for wow, one for browsing the net and watching something at the same time,

for my assignment work, two is enough as well, word up on one, displaying 6 pages at once, and the internet on the other screen for the research on the internet,

outside of gaming and work, messing with graphics, same again, photoshop etc on one, net on the other,

if I was to get a third idk what it would be used for, cept a movie screen, but that could be overkill,

most people who have 3 are call center workers, accountents ict workers etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    When I got my new Dells I tried 3 monitors with an Old 24inch I had, and I found that I was never really using it. One for main application, one for browsing/video watching, then the third one just sort of sat there. IMO 2 27 > 3 24.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.