Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Mushrooms are fine. I enjoy that they require some skill to use effectively.

Beast is right, being more competitive in DPS, or IMO being slightly stronger overall (increase that 10% buff to 20%) is more of my concern. We are in s better spot, but still lag too much behind priest/pally/monk in raw TP.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could possibly like mushrooms. WHY do you say you like them?

How are they fun or interesting? How do they require skill? Is the skill you're referring to involve getting people to actually stand on them? You know, kind of like getting people to click lightwell back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    While it's quite lovely that you've found a way to make a, frankly, broken tool work for you, but sadly, I'm not a masochist. I'd rather have a car that works well and gets me from point A to point C, rather than a car that I have to tweak a hundred different ways just to get to point B, still falling short of C.

I would still rather bring a paladin or a priest healer and have some leeway along with effortless healing from absorbs, than a resto druid that requires near perfect play, clairvoyance, and having the rest of the raid to jump through hoops for you so you can maximize your own healing. Who else has to deal with that? Priests used to with lightwell, and it was fixed. Now, I'm not anti-complexity. I want interesting gameplay. But mushrooms aren't interesting or cool, they're just frustrating.

Priests and paladins still bring more healing, more utility, and in the case of disc priests, more dps.
    I'd like to take an airplane from A to C thats faster than your car, or even have a teleporter get me from A to C.

The point is, Blizz cannot possibly balance all classes to the level of expectations most seem to have. I feel like healer balance is pretty close right now. We know whenever we log on that our druid uses HoTs to heal, and that absorbs will protect from damage before it needs healed.

While theres nothing wrong with a little qq'ing, i'm just amazed that people would talk about quitting the game or talk about being so pissed off over this.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you think healer balance is close? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong data and reading the wrong forums but holy paladins and disc priests blow everyone else out of the water. It's not even close AND they bring more utility.

Give me a reason to take a resto druid to a raid, especially a 25 man. Hell, even a token shaman just for the totems would be better.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could possibly like mushrooms. WHY do you say you like them?

How are they fun or interesting? How do they require skill? Is the skill you're referring to involve getting people to actually stand on them? You know, kind of like getting people to click lightwell back in the day?
    There are explanations of how to use them in previous posts. It really is not that hard, and actually fun to predict movements, while always having melee to fall back on, as was already noted.

Anyway, most Druids just fail to realize you only need to hit a couple people (so even if you have a hard time understanding movment/stacking patterns) to make them totally worthwhile.

You may not realize you can loosley spread them around a room, and if you only hit three people who are at ~50% health (say during quills, a Tortos crush, etc) they will still heal for almost 75% of their potential?

I think you would rather complain, and have not even attempted to actually use them. Because they have almost entirely solved our stack/burst healing weakness.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2013-04-03 at 07:22 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

What makes you think healer balance is close? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong data and reading the wrong forums but holy paladins and disc priests blow everyone else out of the water. It's not even close AND they bring more utility.

Give me a reason to take a resto druid to a raid, especially a 25 man. Hell, even a token shaman just for the totems would be better.
    I'm just basing that off of my own experiences, which I will admit is a small sample set. But if seems closer to me right now than it has in quite awhile (definitely closer than in 5.0-5.1). Would I love for resto druids to be first? Absolutely!! But do I love playing a resto druid and feel its close enough that I can still add plenty to my raid team... you betcha!

And a reason to take a resto druid to a 25 man raid. Well, maybe because a very talented player plays a resto druid and you need 6-7 healers. I know that doesnt apply to the top 0.01% of guilds as they can take a talented player of any class. But for the vast majority of guilds out there, the difference in player talent will be much greater than the difference in class, at the current class balance levels.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I think we should be tops. Why? Because all we can do is heal. We're very light on utility and we do very poor DPS.

And it's not just the "top 0.01%". I play on Proudmoore, which is an older populated server and no one wants a resto druid. I've been turned down for pugs because I'm a resto druid. I finally found a guild, but I'm feeling like I'm holding them back because I picked a shit class.

15+ Year Old Account
    I apologize that you are currently not liking the resto spec, but it's clear you're not willing to listen to anyone who doesn't commiserate with you. Closing thread.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre