Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevona View Post
    The T14-bonuses are good, but especially the t15-4piece bonus is awesome. However, I wouldn't break my t14 for a less ilvl t15 bonus.
    What is so awesome about the T15 4-set? It would be used as either a DPS cd or for predictable damage, in which case I would call for 1 of the 6 HoS or Pain subs or vigilance or anything that my raid has.

I have never been wild about these set bonuses for 25 man tanking.

So basically that T15 set 2 piece and 4 piece, really aren't worthwhile and it's better to pass tokens to others who need it more? I pretty much only have LFR T15 legs, and 2 pc T14 (have hands, head, legs).
    Last edited by ShadowTitan; 2013-03-31 at 04:01 AM.
    Sig by Listrata

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTitan View Post
    So basically that T15 set 2 piece and 4 piece, really aren't worthwhile and it's better to pass tokens to others who need it more? I pretty much only have LFR T15 legs, and 2 pc T14 (have hands, head, legs).
    Exactly. I plan on only trying to get my tier once all the others have theirs and I will go for my DPS set before my tank set. DPS set bonus is better then the tank 4set.

Sweet guide, thanks.

Deleted
    The T15-2pc DPS is totatlly worthless, so unless you plan to go for the 4 piece, thus gearing haste and critical strike, it's not worth it. If you choose to, go ahead. Both t15 prot bonus are fairly good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    The T15-2pc DPS is totatlly worthless, so unless you plan to go for the 4 piece, thus gearing haste and critical strike, it's not worth it. If you choose to, go ahead. Both t15 prot bonus are fairly good.
    The T15 2pc really isn't worthless? As Prot on most fights I'm usually getting a 30-50% uptime on enrage, having the extra chance from auto swings is quite a nice boost for a flat 10% extra damage
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2013-03-31 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    How is the DPS 2set worthless? More rage and higher enrage uptime...

I honestly hate the tank set bonuses for 25 man tanking.

Deleted
    Ok, my post was a bit too short... What I meant it's that you have several choices:

1) Forego all bonuses for TF pieces, or grab 2bonus with TF on the rest.
    2) Grab 4 piece tank set
    3) Grab 2-2 pieces tank/dps set
    3) Grab 4 dps set

The third one it's the worst for me. 2pc dps was 1 rppm for prot, so if you already have 30-50% enrage uptime, it's like a gross 0.5-0.7% dps increase. A bit less I reckon, since when you are actually tanking, it's when you have higher enrage uptime. Don't think it's worth it against either of the other options.

The real bang is going for the full 4 piece dps bonus, but that's gearing dps gear. And although I think that we must take care of our dps just as much as the true DPS, people should not forget that we are not monks, druids, palas or dks (no haste, no crit defensive bonus). You know what you are doing, but I don't think it's the way to go for your random tank.

Deleted
    But.... Me smash boss die

Deleted
    Well, yeah.... After all, no skill can compare to Execute to avoid damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    What is so awesome about the T15 4-set? It would be used as either a DPS cd or for predictable damage, in which case I would call for 1 of the 6 HoS or Pain subs or vigilance or anything that my raid has.

I have never been wild about these set bonuses for 25 man tanking.
    I can't talk for 25m raids since I raid 10m. So take the following for a 10m raid, when you think it won't be good in a 25m environment.
    Maybe you have a lot of external cooldowns, well my raid hasn't. So a lot more rage on a 1 minute-cd gives me extra sbars while already taking only 40-70 % (blocking) dmg of a melee-swing. It makes our 20 % demo-shout into a 35-40 % dmg-reduce, like our shieldwall on a 1 minute-cd, which is huge.

Maybe this doesn't count for 25m raiding where your 60rage-sbar gets crushed by one blocked melee-swing. Ok, fine. But for 10m more absorbs on top of blocked hits is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevona View Post
    I can't talk for 25m raids since I raid 10m. So take the following for a 10m raid, when you think it won't be good in a 25m environment.
    Maybe you have a lot of external cooldowns, well my raid hasn't. So a lot more rage on a 1 minute-cd gives me extra sbars while already taking only 40-70 % (blocking) dmg of a melee-swing. It makes our 20 % demo-shout into a 35-40 % dmg-reduce, like our shieldwall on a 1 minute-cd, which is huge.

Maybe this doesn't count for 25m raiding where your 60rage-sbar gets crushed by one blocked melee-swing. Ok, fine. But for 10m more absorbs on top of blocked hits is awesome.
    Thats why I have always said that I hate the set bonuses for 25 raiding. I can see why both the 2 and 4 set would be useful on 10 man but considering H Tortos 25 is attacking me for 215k and Snapping biting me for 475k, those set bonuses are shit for me personally.

Not to mention I am the luckiest bastard in the world with Thunder Forge drops. I have 4 Heroic Thunder forge items and 5 Normal Thunder forge items, I have no issue taking offpieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey,

- Enraged Regeneration is not usable while stunned from Malakk. Intended? DK's Fortitude works as far as I've heard. No information about Monk's Dampen Harm.

Trinkets available to me right now:
    - 489 Jade Figurine
    - 484 Relic of Niuzao
    - 522 Ji-Kun's Rising Winds
    - 502 Vial of Dragon's Blood
    - 522 Steadfast Talisman (not yet purchased)
    - 522 Brutal Talisman (not yet purchased)

Now to my main question:
    I've got Ji'Kun's Rising Winds last week and it made it considerably easier for me to have 15% expertise. However, the heal 'collides' with Second Wind (which I prefer right now, as it gave me and the healers of mine some precious extra seconds many times) because Rising Winds instantly raises my HP above 35% which renders Second Wind almost useless except If I drop below 35% again while it's on cooldown.

You could now say 'respec ER then', but I've got another concern:

Most importantly, I find the proc useless while offtanking, so now I'm interested in the Brutal Talisman: http://www.wowhead.com/item=94508 8% parry and DPS increase, the latter being also useful while offtanking. And I'd be still having the expertise hard cap with it.

However, this trinket did not appear in the 15 pages I've read in this thread so I better ask instead of just spending the valor.

Furthermore: JC-gem for 10man? 480 stam or 480 mastery? And not being Blacksmith, best socket places are extra weapon & belt socket, aye?

Thanks in advance.

Disclaimer: English is not my native language, please excuse errors you may find.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Deleted
    I'm actually considering getting that trinket aswell, to swap in and out for some fights. Honestly it's a pretty good pick imo due to the DPS increase you get while offtanking as you said aswell as it giving a nice chunk of parry.

That said i'm progressing on Horridon and even on 10 man i have to say having 2 stamina trinkets just gives a nice extra buffer for the healers.

On matter of your gemming i'd go for stamina gems for the exact same reasons

Bahh seriously hate this. Just got the LFR Horridon helmet but using that will break my 2pc T14, can't use new upgrades -.-.
    Last edited by ShadowTitan; 2013-04-02 at 09:39 PM.
    Sig by Listrata

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTitan View Post
    Bahh seriously hate this. Just got the LFR Horridon helmet but using that will break my 2pc T14, can't use new upgrades -.-.
    To me Last stand is a situational ability often used as a panic button. Situational enough that an extra minute on the CD is barely noticeable, you still got plenty of defensives in your arsenal to keep you alive and if not you can always blame the healers for not throwing a external cd on you.

LFR helmet might not be a very big upgrade though so maybe you're better off keeping your 2pc however none is forcing you to do that. If you feel the itemization is superior it might even be an upgrade after all.

Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    • Tidy Plates : enhances floating health bars, nameplates, and provides a flexible theme system, making it easier to track threat, aggro, debuffs, etc...)
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tidy...-threat-plates ?

Deleted
    Thats an addon/theme for Tidy plates, you will need both ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Thats an addon/theme for Tidy plates, you will need both ^^
    "Need" is a strong word; I find the baseline mod perfectly adequate, I must admit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    "Need" is a strong word; I find the baseline mod perfectly adequate, I must admit.
    Yeh, what i meant was that for threat plates you need tidy plates.
    Tidy plates you can run without threat plates :P