Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    That's not a problem. The events of TBC happened before Wrath, right? And that before Cata, yes?

Pandaren from the Wandering Isle, something discovered around the time Mists' story began, have to go through those zones, whos stories are in the past.

It's simple suspension of lore in favor of gameplay. It's been done before with no ill consequences and it will continue to be done for years to come. Why should it matter this time around?
    Yes yes, I know that the timeline is screwed up. But that is a different thing than this. Having him completely removed as a warchief and still having him be the warchief everywhere would be a problem, even if you pretend it's not. At least it would be confusing, especially to newer players.

Deleted
    Well you know, when you start a horde character now you have Garrosh as the warchief and then you get to outland and suddenly Garrosh isn't warchief anymore, does that make sense? No, did they care? No.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Well you know, when you start a horde character now you have Garrosh as the warchief and then you get to outland and suddenly Garrosh isn't warchief anymore, does that make sense? No, did they care? No.
    It's more subtle there.

Deleted
    The same way they phased Krarasang and are phasing North Barrens, they can easily phase Garrosh out of Org. They already phase Anduin out of Stormwind.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Yes yes, I know that the timeline is screwed up. But that is a different thing than this. Having him completely removed as a warchief and still having him be the warchief everywhere would be a problem, even if you pretend it's not. At least it would be confusing, especially to newer players.
    Not a problem, Org and the new zone will be the Garrosh-less future.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine a situation that would leave Garrosh in power and have Vol'jin stay leader of the trolls that doesn't involve the trolls no longer being members of the Horde, so my money is still on Garrosh being replaced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The same way they phased Krarasang and are phasing North Barrens, they can easily phase Garrosh out of Org. They already phase Anduin out of Stormwind.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 10:33 PM ----------

Not a problem, Org and the new zone will be the Garrosh-less future.
    Like I said before, then it depends on how the phasing happens. At what level, after which event, etc.

Deleted
    Like I said before, then it depends on how the phasing happens. At what level, after which event, etc.
    Level 90. Done.

They already do it with Anduin. Any lvl 85 that didn't complete the Stormwind Anduin chain, have to talk with Varian, pick the quest, and presto! Anduin is back in SW again.

Deleted
    Level 90. Done.

They already do it with Anduin. Any lvl 85 that didn't complete the Stormwind Anduin chain, have to talk with Varian, pick the quest, and presto! Anduin is back in SW again.
    So once 5.4 hits it'll be the new warchief even if you've never done the raid? or will it be a patch after that, maybe even in the next expansion. What if you do the Krasarang quests after that.

In any case, the problem is that from one moment to the next there is a different warchief, and that can be confusing to players, especially newer players. You can say that the raid explains that, but chances to do the raid over LFR after MoP are slim.

10+ Year Old Account
    So once 5.4 hits it'll be the new warchief even if you've never done the raid? or will it be a patch after that, maybe even in the next expansion. What if you do the Krasarang quests after that.

In any case, the problem is that from one moment to the next there is a different warchief, and that can be confusing to players, especially newer players. You can say that the raid explains that, but chances to do the raid over LFR after MoP are slim.
    you know what, how about stop caring about game mechanics and just go with the story. You talk a lot about the problems in the lore, but then equate the story around the game itself, which will never be perfect or get it right, so you learn to get beyond it.

Deleted
    So once 5.4 hits it'll be the new warchief even if you've never done the raid? or will it be a patch after that, maybe even in the next expansion

It's as much confusing as Anduin being gone from Stormwind because he is lost in Pandaria but magically reappearing from those that want to unlock Twilight Highlands.

IF I was Blizzard, I would do the same way as Anduin and at lvl 90 / moment we pick the new xpac quest / whatever, Garrosh phases out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you know what, how about stop caring about game mechanics and just go with the story. You talk a lot about the problems in the lore, but then equate the story around the game itself, which will never be perfect or get it right, so you learn to get beyond it.
    I'm just asking myself how they will do it from a technical standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It really isn't, there's as good a chance that it'll be Lor'themar or Thrall again for that matter. Blizzard knows who they'll make Warchief, but it's a secret they are keeping very close.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 03:10 PM ----------

Oh gawd nooooo not Lor'themar! A warchief whose first line was always "DONT TOUCH.....THE HAIR!" Can you imagine that!?! *shudders*

Garrosh is so out the door as Warchief. I cant see any way that he could possibly be allowed by the Horde to stay. Once your own side turns on you, you are toast.

Deleted
    It's as much confusing as Anduin being gone from Stormwind because he is lost in Pandaria but magically reappearing from those that want to unlock Twilight Highlands.

IF I was Blizzard, I would do the same way as Anduin and at lvl 90 / moment we pick the new xpac quest / whatever, Garrosh phases out.
    Characters being in different places is less confusing than characters being dead and still being there, or having two warchiefs at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    Oh gawd nooooo not Lor'themar! A warchief whose first line was always "DONT TOUCH.....THE HAIR!" Can you imagine that!?! *shudders*

Garrosh is so out the door as Warchief. I cant see any way that he could possibly be allowed by the Horde to stay. Once your own side turns on you, you are toast.
    Because jokes about blood elves = canon lore about blood elves.

Deleted
    Characters being in different places is less confusing than characters being dead and still being there, or having two warchiefs at the same time.
    Krasus? Thrall being the Warchief in Outland and appearing as such in Northrend?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want garrosh to win

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I want garrosh to win
    The big bad winning how cool would that be?
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Krasus? Thrall being the Warchief in Outland and appearing as such in Northrend?
    *Listing examples of over things that don't make sense*

I'm aware of those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    The big bad winning how cool would that be?
    would be unique

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    would be unique
    Id love it... although blizz doesn't have the guts. Only idea is Garrosh will be obviously Sha infused with the sha of pride and at 10-15% he will be free from corruption and help kill the Sha and thank Hero's and step down as Warchief.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!