Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Heroic: Iron Qon (10)

Hello Guys,

First of all, I apologize for my English, but it is not my main language and I might give some spelling errors or grammatical errors.

My Guild is thinking on this boss for tonight and we're having problems finding information for this boss, since it's one of the last bosses, but from what I've heard and I have seen on wowprogress, some guilds are going straight for this boss instead of Durumu the Forgotten, Primordius & Dark Animus.

I hope anyone can give us a helping hand giving us some tips for this encounter!

From what we saw on youtube videos:

Ro'shak, the Molten Flare

People are doing three groups of three players each for soaking the Flames and remaining spread for the entire fight. People try to free asap the ones stuck on clouds and avoiding all the fire lines.

Dam'ren, the Frozen Sage

For this one, how do you guys handle the fire ability?
    Our tanks are saying that they can stay stacked up the entire phase and all the Unleashed Flame will go for them aslong as no one stacks.

Last Phase

What is the order that is better for a first kill? I've personally searched on worldoflogs for the best kills and they all kill Frost -> Fire -> Lightning when the three dogs land for the rest of the fight until they are killed.

How do you handle Iron Qon himself? Do you turn him to the raid or to the other side? What are the procs/cons of doing this? Because I don't find anything saying that we've to turn him away like I've seen all the videos doings.

Our Progress:
    - Heroic Jin'rokh the Breaker
    - Heroic Horridon
    - Heroic Council of Elders
    - Heroic Tortos
    - Heroic Ji-kun

Thank you for any tips you've for this fight!

I saw Frost -> Fire -> Lightning and as for the frost stage, I saw 6-8 people in the 10 yard area since the damage splits and killing the boss before it got too high. May be wrong here as it was hard to tell exactly.

We 1 tanked the fight.

P1 is pretty much the same as in normal.
    P2 is pretty much the same as in normal.
    For P3 make sure that no ranged is near the melees so the melees won't get the Lightning debuff. The melees soaked the unleashed flames every time. The timer is long enough so it won't stack.
    Make sure that you enter P4 with no Lightning debuff.

For P4 we killed the fire Quilen (Ro'shak) first. Melees soaked the 2-3 unleashed flames before the boss died.
    If you kill the Lightning Quilen (Quet'zal) fast enough you won't get any debuffs for p4. Otherwise make sure that you don't ever spread the debuffs.
    People without the debuff stack near the tank.

Other than that the boss is fairly easy.

Deleted
    What exactly Dam'ren, the Frozen Sage add to the fight when he lands for the remaining 25%?

He also do the Molten Flare ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Ismayal View Post
    What exactly Dam'ren, the Frozen Sage add to the fight when he lands for the remaining 25%?

He also do the Molten Flare ability?
    Mostly he applies deadzones. Which you would think only affects him, but deadzone is a debuff on players so even if you're attacking say, the fire dude, you still have to be in the "good areas" respective to Damren to actually damage anything. Stupid mechanic is stupid.

Deleted
    p1 Ye stack in 3 and take 2 debuffs each.
    p2 We popped all cds and pots but no BL and pushed so we only got 1 wind storm and we stayed at the place where u run when it's windstorm for the rest of the fight.
    p3 Our melee dps and 1 or 2 tanks stacked and took the fire bomb . If there were 2 ranged without lightning debuff they stacked aswell and took a bomb.
    p4 Kill Shield dog-Fire-Ice-Iron Qon and spread until all dogs are dead. when they have died and melee doesn't have any lightning debuffs all who ranged who didn't have lightning ran in and stacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    How one tank able is this fight? We are going to attempt it tonight for the first time with a guardian druid and a ret/holy pally. Will the druid gget wrecked by taking 4 stacks of impale? Is it viable for the ret to soak an impale or two then bubble it off?

Also, been having a discussion with a few people, is his impale DoT mitigated by armor?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    BoP. As long as you have 2 paladins you can solo tank Iron Qon.

Or 1 Paladin and a Dwarf tank.

Interesting, we did frost first in p4 because of the shield that was annoying, fire was going to be 2nd, we'll kill it this week but I'm curious to hear how you handled the shields in p4 if you don't kill it first.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

How does the difficulty of this one compare to say horridon or tortos? We have really strong healers and considering doing this one instead of tortos to get another tier boss on farm. We also collectively loathe the Tortos gimmick fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    How does the difficulty of this one compare to say horridon or tortos? We have really strong healers and considering doing this one instead of tortos to get another tier boss on farm. We also collectively loathe the Tortos gimmick fight.
    If your DPS is good enough Iron Qon is very, very easy. Easier than Horridon.

Yeah, phase 1 is the hardest, the rest is cake until you reach p4. I'd say it's on par with Ji'kun in terms of difficulty.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    BoP. As long as you have 2 paladins you can solo tank Iron Qon.

Or 1 Paladin and a Dwarf tank.
    Or just 1 protection paladin.

Deleted
    1 paladin is enough in general, just bop on 6-7 stacks three times over those ~10 minutes. Having a monk instead of a fotm-paladin can help, stagger works on this physical dot and smoothes out the spikes.

Note: there's only one ranked solo tanking warrior and he had two paladins to back him up :x

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    1 paladin is enough in general, just bop on 6-7 stacks three times over those ~10 minutes. Having a monk instead of a fotm-paladin can help, stagger works on this physical dot and smoothes out the spikes.

Note: there's only one ranked solo tanking warrior and he had two paladins to back him up :x
    Issue is that clemency doesnt work like it used to, it got hotfixed at some point where if you use hop (or any other hand but its most noticable with hop) it starts ticking the CD, but if you then use your second hop, only the first one starts ticking, and the second hop doesnt start going on CD till the first is back up.

Is this fight actually as easy as people say without a prot paladin solo-tanking? I saw a video where the tanks healing output was basically equal to the other healers, so it's almost as if they're 4-healing the fight.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Monks make great tanks for this too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    If you kill the Lightning Quilen (Quet'zal) fast enough you won't get any debuffs for p4. Otherwise make sure that you don't ever spread the debuffs.
    People without the debuff stack near the tank.

Other than that the boss is fairly easy.
    How that lightning debuff is different from the one in P2?
    Does someone still get stunned and you need to free him?

This fight is stupid easy. The only hard part really is phase 1 with the amount of damage going out at some points. Lightning is basically the exact same with a small damage increase. Frost is just /afk for 2 minutes.

The dog burn is nothing. The frost dog is almost dead before the other two even land. Just have two groups of 4 for fire. Start the burn phase with 4 people in melee and goto 3 stacks, then 4 people in range going to 3 stacks. Click people out of lightning. Then do not stack on boss until your lightning debuff goes away.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-04-05 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veranious View Post
    How that lightning debuff is different from the one in P2?
    Does someone still get stunned and you need to free him?
    It's exactly the same as in P1 and P2 meaning that someone gets stunned and you have to free him.