Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Obviously you guys don't understand the reason MMO-Forums exist...

See, people are only allowed to come here to complain about anything and everything WoW oriented. If you agree with them, you are welcome, however if you disagree with them or even make your own post on things that you enjoy about WoW, you are a fanboi.

/sarcasm

With that said... as a professional designer myself, I can't do anything but laugh at the OP's post about re-using model skeletons. Its nearly the same argument as comparing video games and how "one company rips off another company". When you make a product, making a base-mold is customary in every.form.of.production. Even car companies make several cars out of one platform, and the cars can often end up 100% different. Why would blizzard spend the time making brand new skeletons, animations, etc to make a new mount? The man hours involved in making and then perfecting the model-skeleton and animations across the board are staggering and completely unrealistic to expect a new one for every mount.

Oh and... once again my signature works beautifully here.
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

They should make a ground mount using this model:

The best ever

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure that anyone will ever be completely happy with anything Blizzard does. They've spent more time and energy developing things for us to do this expac and are releasing them at break-neck speeds, which I am both pleased and impressed with. Lazy, they are not. Fortunately, they are still producing items in game that make it fun and keep it interesting. As for mounts. If they made every random mount that every random player wanted, we would have:

Unicorns
    Vrykul
    Butterflies
    Spaceships
    Pirate ships
    air ships
    Gorillas
    corehounds
    golems
    mogu statues
    tanks
    seige engines
    fighter jets
    submarines
    jeeps
    corvettes
    monster trucks
    squirrels
    rabbits
    donkeys
    hippos
    rhinos
    jetpacks
    and a thousand other items that just aren't needed

People need to just put in a request for a feature and leave it at that. Any company that has more than 5M players, makes hundreds of millions of dollars each year, and still turns out new stuff for the vocal minority who hate them, in my book... not lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SadisticChipmunk View Post
    Obviously you guys don't understand the reason MMO-Forums exist...

Oh and... once again my signature works beautifully here.
    Not really...

Firstly, your signature is actually a modified version of the original extract that uses the word "Racism" in place of "Fanboy".
    Secondly, your signature has no bearing on the way I used the word in my previous post.

Therefore, your signature is irrelevant.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Path View Post
    Secondly, your signature has no bearing on the way I used the word in my previous post.
    You declared anyone who disagreed with the OP's selfish projections to be a fanboy that believes the game is flawless.

His signature hits the nail on the head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You declared anyone who disagreed with the OP's selfish projections to be a fanboy that believes the game is flawless.

His signature hits the nail on the head.
    I did? Please show me a quote where I stated that. I'll be waiting...
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

I'm not quoting your own posts for you. I already did it once.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not quoting your own posts for you. I already did it once.
    Just as I thought: you won't quote me saying those things because you can't. There is no substance to your claims.

It's just a mount collector meta... the others were all recolours too...

If you're an obsessive mount collector you don't really care so much what it looks like anyway you just GOTTA CATCH EM ALL. Mount collecting is its own damn reward. And there's over 200 mounts in the game, there's plenty of freaking models. Lazy my ass. Remember how there were all of 4 different flying mounts back in BC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Just as I thought: you won't quote me saying those things because you can't. There is no substance to your claims.
    Already did it once. So did a few others.

No surprise you didn't respond to any of them. Can't expect much from people who walk into a topic and scream fanboy without addressing the topic at hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already did it once. So did a few others.

No surprise you didn't respond to any of them. Can't expect much from people who walk into a topic and scream fanboy without addressing the topic at hand.
    You saw my reply, didn't like what I wrote so you and a few others decided to misrepresent what I wrote in subsequent replies. It's been done before and will be done again. If anything, his signature applies more to members such as yourself than it does to me - stop focusing on the word "fanboy" and read between the lines.

I've got a better idea. Spell it out for me.

Tell me which specific fanboys (and girls!) you were referring to.

Don't worry OP. You'll be getting what you want soon...I hope...we all hope.

I'm talking about bat mounts of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Wow, didn't take long for the fanbois & girls to jump in to Blizzard's defence!

I sometimes wonder if there are actually members that are paid to dismiss any criticism and praise their masters for the flawless job they are doing...
    Using the term fanbois to make a point. Also implying that those of us that disagree with anything negative towards Blizzard are infact employed by them to post on forum boards with everything sunshine and rainbows about said company. Ever think we might just not agree with the negative people? Of course not! That would be ridiculous /end sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Don't worry OP. You'll be getting what you want soon...I hope...we all hope.

I'm talking about bat mounts of course.
    Where the hell is my damn bat mount already???

This sentiment brought to you from 2007 :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raeloneq View Post
    Wow a lot of butthurt people.

First of all I need to explain that while the new Pegasus horses are not identical to say the sparkly pony, invincible or the headless horseman for that matter, the fact remains is that we have already 4+ types of flying horses. We have like 10+ regular drakes (one was included not too long ago - Experiment 12-B). We have tons of proto drakes, raptors, etc.. I'd like to see some diversity in the mount department just like how they added the triceratops. That addition was very welcome.

Secondly, the people who collect mounts are rewarded with sub par mounts. Although I appreciate the fact we are rewarded for collecting. I know Blizzard didn't have to do that.

Third, all I'm asking if you are going to release another raptor, proto-drake, drake, horse, etc.. Just grab a model that is already in the game and make a mount out of it. Thus, satisfying the mount collectors in giving them more a diverse collection and Blizzard would not have to complete work on a new model from scratch and work on other content like new race models.

Stop being so emotional. This is only a discussion about mount diversity.
    No, this wasn't a discussion about mount diversity, it started out with you attacking the developers and calling them 'lazy'... and now that you've met resistance to your warrant less, baseless attack you are retreating.

I challenge you to come up with a model for a mount that doesn't exist in game... and no, you cant use a core hound, cause there are several core hound type models in game...

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 10:08 PM ----------

Wow, didn't take long for the fanbois & girls to jump in to Blizzard's defence!

I sometimes wonder if there are actually members that are paid to dismiss any criticism and praise their masters for the flawless job they are doing...
    Defending someone from a baseless attack now makes someone a fanboi? Really?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are so many mob models in the game already, I have to agree that Blizzard has been fairly lazy with mount models. Mobs already have walking and running animations; some have jumping animations; swimming animations have been added or not added for years for some models and not for others. What's so hard about coding them for someone to sit on? In fact, if that Ogre in the Searing Gorge could ride a spider like 5 years ago, what's the big deal?

i want to ride on a Yeti's head and steer with his horns.

Quote Originally Posted by raeloneq View Post
    Wow a lot of butthurt people.
    Says the most butt hurt one of them all.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Not really...

Firstly, your signature is actually a modified version of the original extract that uses the word "Racism" in place of "Fanboy".

Therefore, your signature is irrelevant.
    You seem to be quite content with belittling anyone who has a different opinion than you.

By not keeping your mind open and letting bias leak in for those who defend Blizzard because, in this situation, no one is right, but it's our opinion that we are, you're just looking like a rude person to be honest.

I'd suggest thinking a bit more before posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    You seem to be quite content with belittling anyone who has a different opinion than you.

By not keeping your mind open and letting bias leak in for those who defend Blizzard because, in this situation, no one is right, but it's our opinion that we are, you're just looking like a rude person to be honest.

I'd suggest thinking a bit more before posting.
    It's ironic that the same members that accuse me of using baseless accusations against Blizzard tend to use baseless accusations when criticising me.