Page 1 of 2
LastLast

tortos Heroic without hunter?

im only asking this because we are going to be on him really soon and we have no hunter(but we have a rogue,hoping he can still do a good job on bats same?)) our tanks are a prot pally and dk, any advice for this is welcome!!

we have a lock to slow turtle, shouldnt be so hard! ty

p.s and yeah any advice and strat in general is welcome!

FORGET TO SAY ITS A 10 MAN RUN
    Last edited by ruggleee; 2013-04-03 at 11:05 PM.

Why is a hunter required for this, exactly? We killed it without a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    think they are having trouble picking up the bats maybe???

its doable without hunter you just need to watch the timer for bats on bigswigs (not sure if DBM has it yet) but it will be harder though :/
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people suggest that if you have a prot pally to 1 tank. Supposedly the prot pally's self healing should guarantee the bats always head to them instead of a healer first.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Some people suggest that if you have a prot pally to 1 tank. Supposedly the prot pally's self healing should guarantee the bats always head to them instead of a healer first.
    yeah, its what we were thinking, about one tanking it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    think they are having trouble picking up the bats maybe???

its doable without hunter you just need to watch the timer for bats on bigswigs (not sure if DBM has it yet) but it will be harder though :/
    If they are going to kite the turtles it'll be hard without a hunter because the bats don't always spawn at the same place so timers don't help the kiter(with monk kite it would be possible with better mobility, but not with DK).

If they are killing the bats then going two tank is possible.

But anyway, DK can do the kiting, that's how we did it. It was just too hard to pick the bats but getting hunter to MD the bats it was a cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggleee View Post
    yeah, its what we were thinking, about one tanking it
    It is correct. We tank it prot. pally and druid, and paladin sits on Tortos. Almost every time the bats head for him, if he has the "correct" healing talents used and talented for more healing.

I have not done this in HC (nor have I bothered to check what is different between HC and Normal). But on our initial kill we had both the rogue and hunter, but the hunter did not touch the bats at all when they "landed". We had our rogue trix the bats as soon as they were in range to the bat tank. As if rogue was late on trixing or didn't do at all, bats went to her, as she can do silly DPS... So if you are worried about the bats, don't be. You can do this just fine w/o a hunter.

Picking up the runaway bats shouldn't be an issue. Specially if you have someone who can stun the batpack when they "land". You just have to make sure that your paladin has used some sort of CDs and has some vengeance and taken damage, as then it guarantees that he has done enough healing for the bats go "hug" him/her.

And for us the bats spawned from different location as well, but as long as no one touched them and/or healers stayed close to the tank, then they didn't go no where else, but the paladin.

Deleted
    why use a 2nd tank if bats always go for the prot paladin? So that the other tank taunts Tortos until bats are dead?

Provided your tank isn't shit, this is exactly right.

Yes, a prot-paladin can solo tank it. as a non-paladin tank, it's disgusting really what kind of feats a protection paladin can currently pull off.

/jelly
    Last edited by aGit; 2013-04-27 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    Certainly not required but it helps a lot.

do you got any Monk in raid ? any can be WW or MW or any1 with monk alt?? jsut make him go BM his gear doesnt matter and jsut kit adds aroud and totaly ignore them
    fight looks then like HC Tortos 9 men with out bats

we found best for us was prot pally on boss bm monk kiting adds and used rogue to tricks bats to the bm. prot pally 1 tank wont always work as HP of the tank is more important then anything else.

I never have a hunter or rogue misdirect and have no problem picking up the bats, and we have a prot paladin tanking Tortos. There are moments when the bats will fly down to him first and be on him for up to 3 seconds, but with this strat, he can save his big CDs for those rare times.

P.S. I'm a Mistweaver whose first experience ever as BrM was on this fight... so it's that easy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU9F9Xsh4Zo
    Marshmallows - 10/13H - Recruiting hunter/warlock
    Latest kill vid: Heroic Primordius (10) (from Natoro)

I'm not sure what good you think a rogue would do. By the time a rogue could hit the bats, a tank could have too. If you have a DK make them go frost spec and blood pres or if you have a monk make them go BrM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I'm not sure what good you think a rogue would do. By the time a rogue could hit the bats, a tank could have too. If you have a DK make them go frost spec and blood pres or if you have a monk make them go BrM.
    You can ToT+ShS+FoK twice, but your DPS is going to suffer if you're doing that every 30-40s. It's not very practical.

You can ToT+ShS+FoK twice, but your DPS is going to suffer if you're doing that every 30-40s. It's not very practical.
    Ah, that sounds about as good of an idea as asking a rogue to put their thunderfury on for the attack speed slow.

I'm sorry.

Every time I see "tortos" I think "tortas" and it makes me hungry for a pile of roasted pork topped with a slab of avocado between two buttered grilled buns.

WAIT.

It just occurred to me. Maybe that's what Blizzard thought too. Maybe that's what they expected, that most of the raid would be thinking about how good smoky roast pork tastes when masticated with guacamole. And then like turtle spinning nyanyanyanyanZAPDEAD bwahahahaha urfucked dude.
    Last edited by HardCoder; 2013-04-28 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    I'm sorry.

Every time I see "tortos" I think "tortas" and it makes me hungry for a pile of roasted pork topped with a slab of avocado between two buttered grilled buns.

WAIT.

It just occurred to me. Maybe that's what Blizzard thought too. Maybe that's what they expected, that most of the raid would be thinking about how good smoky roast pork tastes when masticated with guacamole. And then like turtle spinning nyanyanyanyanZAPDEAD bwahahahaha urfucked dude.
    what is this i dont even

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kiting the bats as a DK every week, Frost spec in blood presence. A lock slowing helps immensly though, so if you need the lock for turtles it might be a lil iffy.