Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Imp Dispel on Jin'rokh Heroic

Last week I was using Singe Magic to get rid of Ionization (I hate calling out for a dispel), but this week it wasn't working. Once I noticed this I started testing Singe Magic before the pull and it was working fine, I then tested it during the fight and it was working fine... but get this, as soon as I get the Ionization debuff, Singe Magic simply wouldn't work I get the warning "invalid target" or something. It's as if Blizzard said, no no no, you can't dispel a debuff only healers can do that.

I tried targeting myself instead of the boss and it still wouldn't work, not that that would make any sense, since I tried it before I got Ionization while targeting the boss and it DID work. I also tried using the macro /cast Singe Magic in case Command Demon was bugged or something, but that macro won't work at all.

I'm using GrimSac if that makes any difference. Anyone else noticed this issue? Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-04-04 at 02:48 AM.

Why not just use unbound will?
    Cyner#1996

Well I was using Burning Rush to avoid the Lightning Bolts since the KJC snare can be deadly for those and I like DPSing during the Lightning Storm, but I guess I'll do that next week. Still.. it would be nice if I could use the abilities that are given to me.

Deleted
    Why do you need it dispelled? Why can't you wait till its about to expire and then run out of the water?

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Well I was using Burning Rush to avoid the Lightning Bolts since the KJC snare can be deadly for those and I like DPSing during the Lightning Storm, but I guess I'll do that next week. Still.. it would be nice if I could use the abilities that are given to me.
    Smells like bug.

Gonna twitt GC to know if it's intended.

Why do you need it dispelled? Why can't you wait till its about to expire and then run out of the water?
    I don't like doing that it's harder to time and just feel risky, I'd rather be able to pop Sac Pact, run out Dispel myself and run back in to the pool to minimize my downtime. Is it too much to ask for my Imp Dispel to work?

I twitted, but since he seems off now, maybe it's gonna take a while until we get to know (this kind of things he answers, well, for the most part at least).

Anw, Unbound Will costs 20% HP and Ionizations hits HARD. Too risky or harder for healers if we HAVE our imp at disposall.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I twitted, but since he seems off now, maybe it's gonna take a while until we get to know (this kind of things he answers, well, for the most part at least).
    Much appreciated

Use Sact Pact (without a pet its like a 700k shield) then hit Unbound Will. Even with a pet out the shield is enough to absorb the damage.

It's actually easier to dodge lightning with KJC than not (imo).

It is doable with sac pact and unbound will, but it's way better if we could stick with imp AND burning rush, right?
    We deserve to know if it's intended or bug at least, waiting for some kind of updated hotfix page or twitt.

10+ Year Old Account
    happened to me last night aswell as our spriests trying to mass themselves.

Deleted
    I asked about this in the affliction sticky, also tweeted GC earlier.

The imp dispel (in all forms, normal / sac / supremacy aoe) isn't working on Ionization or Primordius.

I'd guess that it's an intended change on Primordius, since it was giving us 100% uptime on the transformation, but I see no sense in why it's doing it on Jin'rokh too - I can only hope it's not intentional and has just bled over accidentally. Yes, there are ways of countering it via unbound will (losing burning rush and taking a hefty health hit) or leaving the pool before it expires, but there's absolutely NO justifiable reason for the imps dispel not working, a lot of classes can outright avoid the application.

There really is no point to dispell yourself on Jin'rokh though. You will be gimping your self a few seconds running out of the pool to dispell, (extra 1gcd if you do it yourself). You are better off just running out within the last seconds and let it fall off on it's own while you are still dpsing. The time between Lightning Storm and the fall of the debuff is long enough for you to recover if your health even dipped.

I also noticed it no longer works on Primordius. Sad

Noticed this today aswell. Another lock in my guild used the imp dispell on Jin'rokh for Ionization and it didn't get dispelled. ( I used it last week and it worked jsut fine then)

Went into LFR and tried the imp dispel on Primordius and it didn't work on that anymore either (previous week it worked on our normal kill)

Has there been an official post about this? What's the point of having a dispel if it can't dispel..

Our Priest was bitching about Mass Dispel not working as well. Maybe try the normal Imp with Service and see if that works since its not a Mass Dispel.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems that they either bugged it, or they don't want us to use the imp to dispel. Had several complains from my guilds priest as well that his mass dispel wasn't working :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    There really is no point to dispell yourself on Jin'rokh though. You will be gimping your self a few seconds running out of the pool to dispell, (extra 1gcd if you do it yourself). You are better off just running out within the last seconds and let it fall off on it's own while you are still dpsing. The time between Lightning Storm and the fall of the debuff is long enough for you to recover if your health even dipped.
    It can be beneficial to run out and dispel early during proc downtime / ember / SS shortages so that you can get some time in the water afterwards. Also gives you peace of mind once it's gone.

Its likely that they somehow broke it while messing with the PTR files. Not sure how they would fuck something up on live because it was changed on the PTR, but knowing Blizzard and their terrible coding habits...

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    It can be beneficial to run out and dispel early during proc downtime / ember / SS shortages so that you can get some time in the water afterwards. Also gives you peace of mind once it's gone.
    This. Especially when you get focused lightning just before ionization comes out, I like to be able to get rid of it basically as soon as I get it.