Unholy PvP, best way to convert Blood and Frost runes.

Right, Ive been messing around with Unholy for a little while, got most of the basics under control exept I'm still trying to figure out the best way to convert runes, mainly frost runes. I normally open with Chains of Ice(1 frost spent.) then get my Dots up with a Plague strike(1UH rune spent), purge buffs with icy touch(1 frost spent) & get rid of blood runes with Blood Strike(2 blood spent), that now means I have 4 Death runes and 2 Unholy runes, which seems to be the perfect rune setup, but is using Icy Touch really the best way of converting runes to Death Runes?
    Last edited by Korie; 2013-04-04 at 07:00 AM.

In arena it probably is because you will be purging quite a bit, ya.

Lets look at ur options...

Icy touch (purge + damage)
    Chains of Ice (root)
    Festering (assuming a blood rune is up, damage +duration on diseases)

Id say itd be a pick between what you need at the time between a purge and a slow.

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    Guessed as much in Arena, but I was thinking Battlegrounds aswell?(I tend to mess about in BGs when not doing arena and RBGs.) Should I just ignore its low damage & use it to get rid of my frost runes, or is there a better way?

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 07:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post

Lets look at ur options...

Icy touch (purge + damage)
    Chains of Ice (root)
    Festering (assuming a blood rune is up, damage +duration on diseases)

Id say itd be a pick between what you need at the time between a purge and a slow.
    New quote since you made an edit after the first quote, Spoke to a few high rank Unholy Death Knights & they all said it aint worth using festering strike

Why?

Plague Strike is much cheaper than Festering Strike and it reads Both Frost Fever and Blood Plague.

Blood Strike is cheaper than Festering Strike which makes it a better Rune Dump because it means you can use your frost runes on Chains or Icy Touch.

Blood boil and icy touch. I seriously hope you mean blood boil when you say blood strike.

Blood boil hits fairly hard, aoes, spreads diseases (with roiling blood which you should have) and converts blood to death.
    Icy touch deals crapish damage, purges, slows if your specced chillblains, and converts frost to death.

Festering hits for crapish, costs 2 runes, nothing special besides increasing disease duration which is nothing special considering how easy plague strike is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    Guessed as much in Arena, but I was thinking Battlegrounds aswell?(I tend to mess about in BGs when not doing arena and RBGs.) Should I just ignore its low damage & use it to get rid of my frost runes, or is there a better way?

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 07:11 AM ----------

New quote since you made an edit after the first quote, Spoke to a few high rank Unholy Death Knights & they all said it aint worth using festering strike

Why?

Plague Strike is much cheaper than Festering Strike and it reads Both Frost Fever and Blood Plague.

Blood Strike is cheaper than Festering Strike which makes it a better Rune Dump because it means you can use your frost runes on Chains or Icy Touch.
    Right, i was just trying to point out that there are really only 2 ways to spend your frost runes effectively (icy touch and chains), not saying you should be using festering strike just pointing out how useless it is in pvp now

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use blood strike unless blood boil is able to hit a trapped/polyd target, because damage-wise blood boil wins it above blood strike, which deals pretty poor damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Don't use blood strike unless blood boil is able to hit a trapped/polyd target, because damage-wise blood boil wins it above blood strike, which deals pretty poor damage.
    That is of course true, didn't really think of that to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    That is of course true, didn't really think of that to be fair.
    You're not alone, I always forget about the fact that I break all CC in PvP x] SPREAD THOSE DOTS! End up doing a shitload of dmg, while no one understands why all CC gets dispelled
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore