Deleted

Having troubles with getting ppl motivated

Hi to you all,

Dont know how to explain or talk about this but il try my best.
    I am a Guild Master on shattered hand-EU horde side lately where having serious problems getting 10 ppl for our raids and personally im fed up with it
    i plan 3 raid a week ( monday sunday and wenseday from 20,30 till 23,00).
    now we have this tight little group that always shows up has flasks and other consumables with them when we play we are always on mumble with each other.
    now ive been trying so hard to recruit new motivated players to the guild but then i get ppl with 460+ ilvl and thats not bad if you wanne raid but the purpose it you gear up to raids but no some minor group wants to get gear boosts in msv and i dont think its intended that ppl just slack on getting gear from valor or rep and not doing shit there only nagging: i want to go ToT today ooh nice you meet this person /inspect then you can cry hard no gems no enchants 5 pvp pieces wrong gear stats ( a DK with intellect WTF....) this guy thought int would give his diseases more dmg.
    we allow 1 pvp piece on our raids cause no mather how you see it pve is pve and pvp is pvp.
    myself i cleared all raids using openraid as a last resort but i really want to finish all these raids with a guild group ( 5/10 cleared all raids exept ToT)
    to make this nagging less naggy:
    can ppl here give me hints and tips on how to improve a recruit macro (per example)so we can get more active ppl that are motivated to raid

a guild master in need of help
    Coldarian

Deleted
    im having a hard try to stay ingame aswell atm.. the new raid is so boring for me kinda :S
    and having trash that can wipe us more than a boss isnt fun (thinking on dark animus trash just before the boss..) i mean.. c'mon, why is the trash harder than a fucking boss?
    and talking about buggs that wants me to trhow this game out, there is so many of them, just look at the Dk's past and if we take one thing there currently is going around, is the lei shen pillar thingie hitting us so much that its most likeley set to 25 man.. and we are a 10 man guild..

sorry for running offtopic there just a little rant

Deleted
    Hi!

I'm actually in your situation aswell.
    Fighting to keep a guild formed in 2008, one of the oldest of the server.
    We raid 10man and we lost alot of people in MoP. Our players are very low motivated. The main raiders even have less gear then social's, because socials do dailys/raid finder and such.
    We are struggling to simply do a raid, most of the times we call a night over, or simply do an alt run or raid a more simple raid.
    We haven't been able to progress through ToT yet, well expect 1st boss (wich isen't much of progress).
    On top of that my faction keeps getting more unbalanced each month, add to that 7 in 10 guilds are "pvp" guilds (and not very good ones).
    But even so, i have been recruiting on /2 and server foruns.
    I just try to keep humble and honest towards people.
    Until a week ago i haven't been able to find a single person, out of 4 weeks of active recruiting.
    But things are starting to change, hopefully.

So i guess, have patience and keep on trying!

PS: My recruit macro is something along these lines, <guild> is recruiting x role and y role, we raid z times, and t hours, if you are interested give me /w

Good luck!

Deleted
    By the sounds of it, you want pretty good players, if not great players. I'd suggest to include that in your recruitment verbiage so that people understand you're looking for certain quality, not just anything. Many raiders (IMO) that are decent and want progress, want to raid in an environment where everyone's pulling their weight. A little trick to that, by marketing means, is to make sure that when you advertise for more players, ensure that the message includes your expectation.

Good luck buddy.

Edit: Just to say.. personally I would not consider applying for a guild unless the recruitment messaging was strong when it comes to expectations of the players.
    Last edited by mmocb6730ad4ad; 2013-04-04 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep recruiting, as an officer I was constantly recruiting as much as possible. Also look for people who are returning from hiatus. I've found people who are under geared but want to raid with heroic experience, and they have become some of our core raiders. It takes some time to gear them up, but they are usually motivated, so it's not all that bad, and by the sounds of how it's going you should look up all the options you have.
    Research does not consist of eating some lead based paint, checking what people are saying on the forums and then pretending like you know what you are talking about.

My 10 man guild just died aswell. Same problems. Spent over 2 months finding a healer and ranged dps. Found one everynow and then. But boom. Server transfer or stopped playing. We had a core of 6 players who easily can do heroics. But filling the last 4 slots with capable raiders was impossible.

Last deathblow came last week. When tank and a healer transfered server. With no signs of leaving beforehand. So i disbanded the team, quit wow and now gonna focus on lifting weights insted. Nothing of value was lost (cept 8 years of my life -.-)

Deleted
    well i talked to some of the officers and where going yo try to find 1 or 2 guilds that have the same problem and then try to convince then to join ours and merge the guilds @crittycat i dont want uberplayers but just motivated ppl that bother to gear up outside raids and ofc ppl that move out of the fire instead of "i need to finish cast" plop dies and then why did i die???
    if there are ppl here that might wanne join feel free to aswell i dont expect miracles sinds alot of guilds seem to truggle with getting a descent team

to all your guys truggling good luck on finding ppl aswell !

10+ Year Old Account
    Merging guilds normally ends in chaos, the leaders argue and sometimes the players don't get a long (this is my experience anyway). Depends how serious you are about progression, but I'd make sure you thoroughly know the guild and it's member first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Merging guilds normally ends in chaos, the leaders argue and sometimes the players don't get a long (this is my experience anyway). Depends how serious you are about progression, but I'd make sure you thoroughly know the guild and it's member first.
    Couldn't agree more, i've been trough 3-4 merges over the past years, none have worked out :-/

Tip for OP, try and find people that wants to raid, they dont need 510 ilvl or huge experince...
    But they do need ambition, dedication and share the same vision as you and the other officers.

Its very hard to just get people magically motivated again, you could try talk with the core members about why they dont feel like raiding anymore.
    is it a brick wall, certain people, officers, times yadiyadi.

Make sure to keep wowprogress up to date, many times i will check there first before even approaching a recruiter.
    If i see its not updated, 9/10 times i wont even bother contacting you.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    and having trash that can wipe us more than a boss isnt fun (thinking on dark animus trash just before the boss..) i mean.. c'mon, why is the trash harder than a fucking boss?
    If you bother to put some thought into it, it's not.

Deleted
    well we had a merge in the start of mop but i got stabbed in the back they gave me officer right etc but seemed the GM had other plans and while we where filling our team i heard that our group was just there to gear boost alts i took my sathel and left and alot of members that knew what happend came to the current guild ofc some left some stayed and even became very good friends.
    the old guild we merged to just died cause of the GM acting dumb i heard and they are all scattered over azeroth's finest guilds
    1 guild merged from the alliance side and died instantly by lack of ppl
    BUT im wont give in i refuse to give up a thing a worked hard for the guild im managing will be heard of 1 day or another !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I've been through 3 guild mergers all worked out brilliantly.
    Core of the guild plays together since 2006, though at this point I'd be hard pressed to say which of the core are from classic and who joined in BC merger or WLK merger, lines (if there ever were some) have faded to extinction.

The caveat is we didn't just "jump in feet first" to a merger, we did alliance raids for a time, we created common chat channels and invited each other to vent before actually going through with the merger.

After 3-4 resets when we actually merged our rosters we had most things already sorted (Council and RL spots, class leaders etc) as well as a good idea what to expect from others as players.

Some preparation and it can work great.
    You need to trial each other out same as you would for a recruit.
    Last edited by mmocb2ea88a996; 2013-04-04 at 11:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    Core of the guild plays together since 2006, though at this point I'd be hard pressed to say which of the core are from classic and who joined in BC merger or WLK merger, lines (if there ever were some) have faded to extinction.

The caveat is we didn't just "jump in feet first" to a merger, we did alliance raids for a time, we created common chat channels and invited each other to vent before actually going through with the merger.

After 3-4 resets when we actually merged our rosters we had most things already sorted (Council and RL spots, class leaders etc) as well as a good idea what to expect from others as players.

nice to see some ppl having a better exp in it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post

I'll agree with going on vent, helps hugely. One experience of mine was that we went on vent with the guild we were going to merge with so that we could ask each other questions and get to know each other better in general. It all fell apart though and we didn't go through with the merger. Better to have it like that than merge and have the problems later on.

How flexible are you on times and frequency?

Anecdotal, but I've always viewed scheduled weekend raiding as undesirable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    How flexible are you on times and frequency?

Anecdotal, but I've always viewed scheduled weekend raiding as undesirable.
    ye but you cant just say BAM all get on mains where gonna raid
    Last edited by mmocab10f6a31f; 2013-04-04 at 02:47 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    if i had to do dumuru in a guild grp.. i would tear my hair off.. just wiped on him 6 time's in LFR.. i just CANT seem too see where the safe spot is.. and me dying everytime would mean instant guild kick =P and monday sunday and wenseday from 20,30 till 23,00 of straight up wipe's is why i dont guild raid anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    Hi to you all,

Dont know how to explain or talk about this but il try my best.
    I am a Guild Master on shattered hand-EU horde side lately where having serious problems getting 10 ppl for our raids and personally im fed up with it
    i plan 3 raid a week ( monday sunday and wenseday from 20,30 till 23,00).
    now we have this tight little group that always shows up has flasks and other consumables with them when we play we are always on mumble with each other.
    now ive been trying so hard to recruit new motivated players to the guild but then i get ppl with 460+ ilvl and thats not bad if you wanne raid but the purpose it you gear up to raids but no some minor group wants to get gear boosts in msv and i dont think its intended that ppl just slack on getting gear from valor or rep and not doing shit there only nagging: i want to go ToT today ooh nice you meet this person /inspect then you can cry hard no gems no enchants 5 pvp pieces wrong gear stats ( a DK with intellect WTF....) this guy thought int would give his diseases more dmg.
    we allow 1 pvp piece on our raids cause no mather how you see it pve is pve and pvp is pvp.
    myself i cleared all raids using openraid as a last resort but i really want to finish all these raids with a guild group ( 5/10 cleared all raids exept ToT)
    to make this nagging less naggy:
    can ppl here give me hints and tips on how to improve a recruit macro (per example)so we can get more active ppl that are motivated to raid

a guild master in need of help
    Coldarian
    Well you can't really help it. I mean LFR has made it such where you don't need to put any effort in to raid. I've come across so many people that queue for LFR with no gems, enchants on their epic LFR drops and Heroic drops from Dungeons. They come into LFR expecting to be carried. People ain't motivated in general to put any effort cause you are getting your rewards regardless.

There really isn't much you can do. You can try a guild transfer to a higher populated realm.

Most of the casual raiders that actually wanted to see content, not welfare carries, but really wanted to see content and experience raiding on Normal Mode have found LFR to be more convenient without all the progression and drama.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had this issue and we decided to leave the dead weight on a dead server.
    You cared enough to post.