Deleted

WoW won't initialize and Play button is greyed out...Please help

Hey

I have a problem...Can't play WoW atm because the launcher won't initialize, the Play button is greyed out. On top of that when I even click on the WoW launcher my entire PC is starting to crash, all programs run really slow or won't even run, and I have to hard reboot my pc.

Please, please help..

Btw, this affects Starcraft and Diablo as well.

when it happened to me I just went into the wow folder and directly ran wow.exe to bypass the launcher, after a few days the launcher started working again too.

Deleted
    There is no wow.exe in my wow folder?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rs10 View Post
    There is no wow.exe in my wow folder?
    Then how do you play the game because that IS the games main program that pops up on your screen when you start it :P

Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDeny View Post
    Then how do you play the game because that IS the games main program that pops up on your screen when you start it :P
    Unless he's playing on a mac.......

Deleted
    If you play on mac, i have no idea.
    For pc:
    go to wow folder:
    Delete cache and wtf folder
    Go to \wow\data\cache\enGB folder and delete everything inside it.

Right click the launcher icon and 'Run as administrator'

10+ Year Old Account
    I have sometimes problems with my launcher too but just on WoW (diablo works always properly). And I sometimes had to run the game with wow64.exe also from the game folder. BUT sometimes even wow64.exe will start the launcher (if patch is available). Just give it some time. Sometimes it really take ages.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2013-04-04 at 01:36 PM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

I've had this recently, I launch the game from the shortcut, and it opens the launcher, but only says initializing and nothing else appears. I generally close the launcher, and re-launch and it is then fine. Not sure what's causing it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happened to me yesterday. Firewall was blocking the new patch for some reason. I just modified the Firewall settings and reopened the port for full access from BattleNet and it loaded and was ready to play in 30 seconds. First time it ever glitched, but when I saw there were no packets moving from Blizz, I kinda figured out what was wrong and cleared it up. For the non-technical folks, just right click your Anti-virus / Firewall software and Disable it for 2 mins and then put it back up easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by devboy View Post
    I've had this recently, I launch the game from the shortcut, and it opens the launcher, but only says initializing and nothing else appears. I generally close the launcher, and re-launch and it is then fine. Not sure what's causing it though.
    Same issue here. Solved in the same way. It's a bit annoying but oh well.

Sounds like it could indeed be the firewall - I'd recommend checking this page out. Please PM me if the steps there don't help you get this resolved, I'll be happy to respond!