Prot Paladin Solo Tanking Tortos HC + Iron Qon HC QUESTIONS (Not a video or guide :P)

So, my prot paladin will be solo tanking Tortos and Iron Qon and I'm just hoping to get some insider tips/talents/stat advice, etc for both of these fights.

We'll be doing Tortos HC tonight (solo tanking) and doing hopefully HC Iron Qon on Friday.

Any suggestions, tips, advice, what have you, etc will be much appreciated!

Cheers

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 05:42 PM ----------

This is 10 man btw.

2 tank it, and don't use your OP class as a crutch.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    2 tank it, and don't use your OP class as a crutch.
    If its easier, why not do it? We could just as easily 2 tank all of these fights, but why bother? Brewmasters kiting bats the whole fight doesn't seem fair either, will it bite them in the ass eventually? Probably not, but it's easier and it works. Its not so much of a crutch when its a plausible strategy, a warrior tank could just as easy solo tank Qon with 2 pallys in the group as say a paladin tanking. OP class? Yes. Crutch? Hardly. Tell that to many of the top guilds playing smart with their Paladin tanks.

Still looking for advice.

I'm not saying it isn't a plausible strategy. Do I agree with it? Not really. IMHO Boss abilities shouldn't be able to be BoP'd like they can in current tier negating most mechanics and allowing for single tank encounters.

On topic of advice - If you were worth your salt as a player, you wouldn't need to seek advice on arguably 2 of the easiest fights in this tier. They will be even easier 1 tanking them. Only Tortos poses any danger with the Bats and Tortos together, but healers can focus more on you, so your shield should never drop. For the record, I don't advocate BrM kiting either, but if some guilds need to do that to succeed, then so be it. Kiting takes 1 person completely out of the equation because he won't be doing anything else but full time kiting really.

Tortos - Keep your shield up, SoTR for Snapping Bite, Stuns on bats. Your vengeance should demolish them. Your self heals will auto draw them to you.

Qon - This fight is as straightforward as it gets. I can't really offer any tips because it is a joke already.
    Last edited by gynshon; 2013-04-04 at 06:24 PM.

You might have better luck finding helpful posters in the Prot Paladin guide thread or the Fix My Tanking thread on the paladin forums.

I havent done any heroic bosses, but I've at least done tortos. I'm sure you know the bats can sometimes be annoying to pick up and there's the added handicap of having to stay in melee range of tortos. I like to use holy prism (heal a player nearby the bat swarm to get dmg and healing threat) or lights hammer to get aggro. Seal of insight aggro is also great, especially with your "OP crutch" 1-tank vengeance :P

I do this with most encounters, I rarely seek advice as a GM/RL outside of my own research, but I usually put these threads up with the intention that MAYBE (small chance) I can get some insider tips or things I might have missed. IMHO, I'm just doing my "job" and making sure I don't miss anything. It might be superfluous but its worth 5 minutes to make a thread and check it before doing something.

As far as kiting with BrM's go, I disagree as well, I hope the bats become immune to slows.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    You might have better luck finding helpful posters in the Prot Paladin guide thread or the Fix My Tanking thread on the paladin forums.

I havent done any heroic bosses, but I've at least done tortos. I'm sure you know the bats can sometimes be annoying to pick up and there's the added handicap of having to stay in melee range of tortos. I like to use holy prism (heal a player nearby the bat swarm to get dmg and healing threat) or lights hammer to get aggro. Seal of insight aggro is also great, especially with your "OP crutch" 1-tank vengeance :P
    +1 Internets for you! Thanks for the insight.

Also Gynshon, disappointed with your involvement in this thread, normally you have some good stuff to say :P
    Last edited by FTW; 2013-04-04 at 06:29 PM.

Just 2 tank Tortos there is so little room for error solo tanking it that we found it to be not worth it. Iron qon we should kill tonight with 1 tank. Theres really no tip that wouldn't apply for normal lol. make sure to save a bubble for windstorm so you drop stacks and don't die to it. And try to have as close to full cd's up for the 3 dog+boss gangbang that comes at start of p4. Other than that GL.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Also Gynshon, disappointed with your involvement in this thread, normally you have some good stuff to say :P
    I'm cranky today. 8P