Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    When you guys are talking about lag during Stampede, do you mean that the spell cooldowns and activations aren't working as they normally do? Like ES could be about to come off cooldown and you press it like normal, but it doesn't activate in time like it normally would.
    No, when this bug occurs, the game basically becomes a slideshow for a few seconds.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by think309 View Post
    No, when this bug occurs, the game basically becomes a slideshow for a few seconds.
    Huh, I've never experienced that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    When you guys are talking about lag during Stampede, do you mean that the spell cooldowns and activations aren't working as they normally do? Like ES could be about to come off cooldown and you press it like normal, but it doesn't activate in time like it normally would.
    This:

I have done almost all bosses with my hunter, never had a stampede bug happen.

The only time I or anyone in my guild experiences stampede lag is when we have Skada active. I know people deny this, but from experience disabling damage meters has always solved the problems.

This problem, however:

'

is becoming a huge problem recently. I was getting this during T14, but apparently I was the only one. When lots of spell effects happen, like heroism, army, or stampede, you cannot tell whether or not you are actually on the GCD or whether the spell you're trying to cast has gone off. It is particularly awful on fights like Jin'rokh, Megaera (during Rampage), Iron Qon (really bad here), and Twin Consorts. It seems to get worse every week, too. This week during one of Megaera's Rampage, we almost lost our entire raid because people couldn't figure out if their abilities were actually going off.

It also makes popping abilities like Rapid Fire or Spirit Shell virtually impossible without significantly delaying a button press.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    This problem, however:

'

is becoming a huge problem recently. I was getting this during T14, but apparently I was the only one. When lots of spell effects happen, like heroism, army, or stampede, you cannot tell whether or not you are actually on the GCD or whether the spell you're trying to cast has gone off. It is particularly awful on fights like Jin'rokh, Megaera (during Rampage), Iron Qon (really bad here), and Twin Consorts. It seems to get worse every week, too. This week during one of Megaera's Rampage, we almost lost our entire raid because people couldn't figure out if their abilities were actually going off.

It also makes popping abilities like Rapid Fire or Spirit Shell virtually impossible without significantly delaying a button press.
    I was actually working on Jin'rokh heroic while I made that post (break time). First pool with bloodlust going up (and my own cooldowns: stampede, rf, etc), it gets rather horrible for 10-20 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    I heard that it was caused by Skada, and was actually fixed in latest version
    I don't think I've updated mine since the first week....at least Curse isn't showing updates for it. And my raid has never said anything about lag, and most of them do run Skada, or at least half - including me.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Recount has an option to sync with other players in the raid so that the logs are more accurate. Upside? Accuracy. Downside? Higher network traffic as everyone's Recount tries to sync with everyone else's and, if you add 5 things all doing dps, I wonder if that's an issue. Wouldn't explain the no addon situation, but in your shoes I'd try either disabling REcount, turning the sync option off (you used to be able to do that) or using Skada which doesn't do the sync thing.
    It really has nothing to do with Recount sync.

Every once in awhile, Blizzard will change the Blizzard API functions addons use to interface with the game. Usually these changes will just break the addon outright, however some changes/addons will just lag up immensely.

Experienced this on 5.1 PTR with IceHud due to a Blizzard API change regarding MonkMana in Stance of the Wise Serpent for MW Monks.

And for everyone lagging, anyone with decent PC and game on drive of its own?

I mean, I also heard ppl lag on Oondasta/galleon/sha. (Ill fps drop a bit on Oondasta when there is 2+ raids there, but atleast 30+)
    Never even getting close to 100% CPU or GPU during raiding.

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate *–* CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 4.40GHz (at 4401 MHz) *–* Memory usage: 4794/16337 MB (29%) *–* Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 580 (2560x1440x32bit 59Hz) http://i.imgur.com/22F2Jdd.jpg
    WoW on a HDD of its own so its always ready to read.

None in my guild has experienced stampede lag, all running similar PCs though and all with recount/skada active.

Is this what is causing low fps on ji kun? Other people have experienced this too?

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 08:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dela2k10 View Post
    This:
    That looks exactly like what happens to me.
    Last edited by mmines; 2013-04-05 at 12:01 AM.

Someone posted a macro that would theoretically "stop" Stampede lag on an earlier thread like this. Does anyone still have that macro? I think it just involved turning off all your Stampede pets' abilities.

edit: I found Dela's macro. Guess people are still having issues while using it (including Dela).

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Er... why would I gimp Stampede by disabling their abilities?
    Because the claim was that this macro helps fix the Stampede lag issue.
    Last edited by Meleti; 2013-04-05 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    Someone posted a macro that would theoretically "stop" Stampede lag on an earlier thread like this. Does anyone still have that macro? I think it just involved turning off all your Stampede pets' abilities.
    Er... why would I gimp Stampede by disabling their abilities?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jboro View Post
    As a hunter, I have found that the add-on, Recount, is what causes my lag when I use stampede. I have found that when I disable Recount on fights like Sha of Fear, I do not get the Stampede lag any longer.
    yup must be recount, I only use recount, omnicc and my own scripts

Didnt GC himself said at one point it was addons reading into combat log that was causing all this?
    While people figure this out I simply turned Skada off to make the game playable. What Kennyloggins said also happens to me but not nearly as bad as what he seems to experience. I raid 10-man so that may be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I experience this issue as well, but I don't run with meters of any kind.

Probably Parrot, in my case.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

5.2 drops, I run addonless, Jinrohk, pop cooldowns and stampede, frozen for at least 15 seconds of not being able to see what's happening at all. I was running with addons at first and eventually dropped all addons to see if any addons were actually causing it, which I did not see.

Lots of Openraid groups yell at hunters to stop using AmoC because lag (when there are 3+ in a group), any issues with that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've also never had this issue in 10mans or 25/lfr. I run a fair bit of addons too mind you, but skada over recount.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    It only happens in very specific fights in specific phases, like Sha of Fear heroic's Dread Expanse. I have the feeling you simply didn't encounter the issue people are complaining about. Even with all addons disabled it still causes the exact frame rate loss.
    it happened to my guild on ji-kun normal all last night when ever our hunter used stampede

Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    I have every addon updated vigorously... and i only run grid/recount etc.. it's not an addon issue. I've had other hunters stampede on ji-kun when i had ZERO addons enabled and i still lagged.
    While I don't necessarily think the Stampede thing is an addon issue, you should understand that just because your addons are "updated vigorously" doesn't mean they're perfect. Addons all take resources and some are coded more or less efficiently than others.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    It only happens in very specific fights in specific phases, like Sha of Fear heroic's Dread Expanse. I have the feeling you simply didn't encounter the issue people are complaining about. Even with all addons disabled it still causes the exact frame rate loss.
    Since 5.2 it's been happening everywhere, and can be fixed by glyphing.

OP: I swear I tested it once with no addons and it still killed my fps. However when I updated Skada a couple weeks after the problem started for me, it no longer happens, even with a hunter in my regular raid group who re-tested it without the glyph for me. I have to conclude that it is indeed an addon issue and that I either imagined testing it with no addons or just didn't disable them properly somehow.