10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post

/10chars
    Nothing particularly wrong jumped out, although your boot gemming is not consistent with the rest. Probably can squeeze out a bit more with full haste ignoring the crap bonus.

Trinkets are a bit meh. Especially the dodge one. Hopefully you are still within the refund period.

I'm not a big fan of colossus enchant, but I haven't really looked at the math behind them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post

/10chars
    Not much to comment really except way to much dodge/parry gear, try to get rid of some of those.
    What I would do if it was my char, is

320 haste gem in boots
    Change weapon enchant to windsong/dancing steel
    Change shield enchant to mastery
    Haste enchant on boots
    Change that steadfast dodge trinket with a ghost iron dragonling.
    Place a ticket to get the expertise trinket instead of the mastery/dodge one, praying that blizzard answers.

Starting to get some of the good 522s now (sucks to spend DKP twice on a slot, but there you go). 522/528 avoidance gear is still better than 496 stuff.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...etzie/advanced

(yes, I know the weapon enchant sucks, but I'm too miserly to spend the money on a nice one when there are 4-5 bosses that drop a 522 weapon with sockets and we kill all of them every week)
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-04-04 at 11:20 PM.

Deleted
    Windsong is not the expensive. Haven't checked price lately on ah, but used to be like 200g on my server.

Deleted
    Currently gearing my second spec prot. Do i just get the dps gear for valor when i go for the haste build?

Deleted
    Pretty much yes. Depends on the pieces though. You cant say Ret gear always > Prot gear. But in most cases, it will be, assuming it is the same item level. Though in some cases the prot gear will be better. Heck, in same cases the agility/intellect gear will be better.

Ret gear > other gear is fair assumption, because it is true most of the time, but not always.

Deleted
    Okay thanks, dps trinket also or are tanking trinkets needed for lfr/occasional msv/hof/toes tanking? I figured taking the Shado-Pan Assault dps trinket for the massive expertise might be really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Heck, in same cases the agility/intellect gear will be better.
    *as long as the agility pieces aren't armour, as you would lose the Plate Spec Stamina bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    *as long as the agility pieces aren't armour, as you would lose the Plate Spec Stamina bonus.
    I said in some cases But should have specified more. Yes, only applies for rings, necks and cloaks or agility pieces.
    Though agi/int being better than str is rare, but in this tier, quite a few of atleaset my own BiS list includes agi and int items.

@Haxx and trinkets.
    It depends. As you said, the shado-pan dps trinket is better than the tank one.
    You simply have to look at the stats. If you are gearing up a new spec, get the ghost iron dragonling trinket (quotes and jokes incoming).
    It is stronger than every other trinket until atleast 522 ilvl, stamina trinkets excluded (hard to compare stamina and stat trinkets).
    So getting that ghost iron dragonling should be your first step if you haven't got it already.

Deleted
    With haste/mastery/exp gems?

Will do so tomorrow, thanks!

Deleted
    the best thing is to get hit+exp+haste/mastery gems into it depending on your gearing strategy. However, depending also on what gear you have, sometimes you are far over hit cap with your gear. Then it can instead be better to get exp/haste/mastery, but if you can fit a hit gem into it (and by extension, reforge more of your gear into haste/exp instead of hit), then it is worth it.

I would try to reforge as much as you can for expertise and hit, because you can't reforge to stamina. But then I raid 25 mans, and use two stamina trinkets and have 710k life unbuffed. Although I would recommend doing the same for ten mans, because even though the damage intake isn't as rough as 25 man, it is still nice to be able to add more stamina without having to completely reforge every time as well.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-04-05 at 04:25 AM.

Deleted
    Does someone of you know the name of the T15 2pc bonus?
    I want to track it with tellmewhen but can't find a buff or a hint how to track it.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=138238#comments:id=1831627

The wowhead comments say the buff event is called "Holy Shield". So try using that name as an identifier for the weakaura.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=138238#comments:id=1831627

The wowhead comments say the buff event is called "Holy Shield". So try using that name as an identifier for the weakaura.
    That won't work. I tried that originally a while back, but someone else in the thread gave me a working WA string that gives you either an icon or bar (I just turned mine into a bar that says "BLOCK!" and ticks down).

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20514338

Deleted
    Couldn't find under said spell id but found it in tellmewhen with the following id: 138242 called Shield of Glory!
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=138242/prunkschild

It's working nicely, maybe it also helps you with weakauras.
    Last edited by mmoc01d817d077; 2013-04-05 at 03:06 PM.

(quotes and jokes incoming).
    Change that steadfast dodge trinket with a ghost iron dragonling.
    You simply have to look at the stats. If you are gearing up a new spec, get the ghost iron dragonling trinket.
    So getting that ghost iron dragonling should be your first step if you haven't got it already.

Sorry mods, but I feel its appropriate

Holy, Sacred, Bubble etc.

Not really raiding related, but did anyone try to do rank 8 bosses as prot ? I've had no problems clearing up to battletron as prot (died once on dark summoner because initially avoided too much dmg and had basically no veng, which i quickly fixed). But had to switch ret for battletron.

Looking at rank 8 bosses, i haven't gotten to even try epicus (hurray for rng), but it seems like Millhouse is impossible, Zen'shar also impossible, and disrupton somewhat possible.

I've done up to Rank 4 as prot and then lost interest. Not that I couldn't do it, I just wasn't having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if 522/528 healing shield from Tortos is better than 489 one from Spirit Kings. Since all our healers already got theirs, I was thinking about taking one if it drops this week.