Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely play without anyone outside my Steam friends list. Every time I join a public game I get some ass hat calling me a dickface and to gtfo out of his game. I have no idea what that is all about but I simply just stopped playing public games all together. If I want to be subjected that that kind of ass-hattery Ill play WoW.

Heya guys.

Just bought Torchlight II, not gonna play it for a bit, as I've got a whole bunch of other games to finish, but when I do, will play it with a friend. I know very little about the classes, so thought I'd ask some actual people rather then trawling the official page for boring descriptions which dont actually tell me much and make them all sound good. Any severely inbalanced? Fun, creative, etc? Would appreciate knowing a bit more about them so I can make my choice: what would make me want to play any of them and what would make me not enjoy them?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Heya guys.

Just bought Torchlight II, not gonna play it for a bit, as I've got a whole bunch of other games to finish, but when I do, will play it with a friend. I know very little about the classes, so thought I'd ask some actual people rather then trawling the official page for boring descriptions which dont actually tell me much and make them all sound good. Any severely inbalanced? Fun, creative, etc? Would appreciate knowing a bit more about them so I can make my choice: what would make me want to play any of them and what would make me not enjoy them?
    We'll 3 days old comment...but.

When I still played it I found my paper Wizard extremly OP. It was just some spark tier 1 skil and stuff. Basicly just keept some buffes up, used CD's and 1 button. Very OP.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtfrz_Kqja4 Something like that.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Ho boy. And the fun shall begin.

Deleted
    I love RunicGames for releasing this patch, but it took me a little while to realize this wasn't an April fools joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweeet!!!!!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I just saw it on the splash page when I got home...zomg...so excited. GUTS and full Workshop support. Prepare for this thing to put D3 to even more shame. Can't wait to start fooling around with this.
    BAD WOLF

Awesome! Time to start modding again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yeah I just saw it on the splash page when I got home...zomg...so excited. GUTS and full Workshop support. Prepare for this thing to put D3 to even more shame. Can't wait to start fooling around with this.
    Thought D3 couldn't get any worse by comparision after Path of Exile came out. Guess i was wrong.
    I've beaten this game twice , with different characters, a Berserker and the Outlander, it was fun and after doing that i did "endgame" maps for a another 100 hours at least. I paid like 20 Euros for this. Was so much worth my money, and got in return threefold what i paid at least in hours of enjoyment. Now with official mod support its even better . Fully recomend this game to any1 still on the fence about it.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-04-02 at 12:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    I love downloading mods, never been a modder but now I see this is moddable Im going to buy it. Huge fan of D2, big dissapointer of d3 (nearly all games I got last year dissapointed me, the thq pack for £20 was the best thing I bought for 5 years :P)

Edit: Half price on steam too bonus.

Edit 2: 1.75gb download, seems small.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-04-05 at 06:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I love downloading mods, never been a modder but now I see this is moddable Im going to buy it. Huge fan of D2, big dissapointer of d3 (nearly all games I got last year dissapointed me, the thq pack for £20 was the best thing I bought for 5 years :P)

More heart than Diablo has ever had, endless potential because the modding community does crazy things, and at the low low price of only $10, DRM free (since you can play offline), etc.

It's the best money you can spend on an ARPG, even if it doesn't turn out to be exactly what you like in a game. Someone might create a version of it that you love more than anything, but that's the beauty of a modded game.
    BAD WOLF

We'll is it just me that feel like not doing moding to games? I kinda feel like its developers that should update the game, not the community.

If somebody does know of some actual fun modes, that aint just 30 mins and bored again, do tell. Havent touched the game for long time - Don't see the point kinda, not that the game is bad trough
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    We'll is it just me that feel like not doing moding to games? I kinda feel like its developers that should update the game, not the community.

If somebody does know of some actual fun modes, that aint just 30 mins and bored again, do tell. Havent touched the game for long time - Don't see the point kinda, not that the game is bad trough
    It's not about updating the game, it's about creating a new game with a very capable tool set. Considering the amount of time they put into developing the program for outside use, creating a wealth of resources on how to use it, etc...they certainly are going out of their way to give this to everyone who bought the game.

Also, while you may not understand it and I won't really use it to a great extent, some people go nuts for this stuff. It's how things like DotA get made. For some people it's a hobby and for others it is a really, really serious side activity. Additionally, creating solid mods with things like this often lands some people jobs with game companies and is the one of the best portfolio items you can create other than your own game.
    BAD WOLF

Ideally. If time & money weren't a factor developers would do just that.

Crowd sourcing simply yields better and more varied results than a singular developer.

It's just economics.

10+ Year Old Account

Grab the Synergies mod, it adds 3 classes and tweaks the game to be a little more like D2. For instance when you leave a game and come back the map rerolls, in traditional TL2 it saves your map and progress. There are also more enemies spawning, much more action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Grab the Synergies mod, it adds 3 classes and tweaks the game to be a little more like D2. For instance when you leave a game and come back the map rerolls, in traditional TL2 it saves your map and progress. There are also more enemies spawning, much more action.
    Thanks phile I shall get on that one, I really enjoyed the first hour I put in, unfortunately I saw red orchestra 2 for £3 and couldnt help my self :S Only game Ive completed recently was Homefront, a very fun average shooter with about 4 hour of story lol. Im liking T2 a lot though, graphically its less mystyle than D3 but something fits more with this game than D3 ever did.

10+ Year Old Account
    something fits more with this game than D3 ever did.
    Probably several things: no drm, more character customization, more diversity in the characters, more rewarding loot even at low levels, more questy/event type things on the maps, to name a few.
    BAD WOLF

I stopped WoW a few days ago, and i've been looking for a game for a very long time. I saw this for 10€ on steam, and downloaded the demo.

From the first second i really enjoyed this game. It feels so good playing it and after 1 hour demo trying different characters, i bought this game.
    It feels so good, so much better than Diablo 3, which doesnt make me happy playing.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 02:32 AM ----------

So i played today, from 1 to 18, online with a little group. I had so much fun, i love the graphics, i love the playstyle and how everything works. The music is fantastic. The loot is very nice and its very fun to equip what you find, useful items!

For 10€, i recommend this game to everyone!