Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Did the pvp population all of a sudden take a nose dive??

Been noticing lately that ques in arenas are so much longer now especially 3s. I know last season ques would take anywhere between 30 secs to 1 min during prime time. Now ques are about 5+ minutes. Does this have to do because there is no incentive to pvp anymore now that T2 is given out after capping 27000 conquest points? Or are people just leaving the game?

15+ Year Old Account
    It has been low, at the end of last season it took a long time to get rbg ques.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Not surprised if people are leaving. PvP really is a joke atm.

It's obviously a contributing factor, I hope additional PvP rewards in 5,3 and T2 rating requirment coming back in 5,4 will help things. MoP had an extremly, extremly bad PvP start so maybe former PvP players never bothered getting back into the game. Besides that I'm not really sure, game is getting older as well. But at what MMR do you queue? If it's 2400+ (which I think is currently gladiator on most BG's) then obviously queue times are gonna be long.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    It's not worse than any other patch. Some OP comps fight other OP comps and think the game is fine while the bad comps suck. Nothing special.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 01:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It has been low, at the end of last season it took a long time to get rbg ques.
    Yeah, not only that but I feel like it's very rare to face RBG teams above 2,3k atm.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-04-05 at 01:19 AM.

we are queing 3v3 at around 2150-2200 MMR nothing serious and still ques are taking a while.

Deleted
    Theres no longer reason to do arena for rating. So ofc theres a drop in ppl doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    It's not worse than any other patch.
    Well that just isn't true. Yes it still has the same problems that have always plagued PvP. But the scale of these problems have been magnified significant

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-my-bg-in-MoP

I'm not surprised by the low amount of people tbh.

Deleted
    Population started to take a nose dive during the first season of MoP. The game was as unbalanced as never before and it did take Blizzard extremly long to sort it out. Add to that lots of players who exploited and outright cheated at the start of MoP and who at the worst got a slap on the wrist when doing it in Arena and got off free in RBG's and you have some of the reasons why so many people stopped playing.

Our disc priest for example was one shot in full PvP blues by an equally geared warrior in the very first week twice in the same battleground, when his subscription ended the next week he left and never came back. Similar with our rogue who also quit because of PvP at the beginning of MoP and so far hasn't been seen again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Theres no longer reason to do arena for rating. So ofc theres a drop in ppl doing them.
    This is the only real reason for the longer queues. People were being forced into arenas for rating because organizing RBG groups is more difficult. The PvP population didn't take a nose dive, just the percentage of players attending arenas.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

I don't know about others but I have finals coming up in the next couple weeks. I'd think the population would pick back up once summer comes.

Deleted
    Maybe merging a few bg's is a good idea? One of my friends told me they waited like 20min for an arena sometimes. at 2.5k raiting. This was at a sucky BG tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    This is the only real reason for the longer queues. People were being forced into arenas for rating because organizing RBG groups is more difficult. The PvP population didn't take a nose dive, just the percentage of players attending arenas.
    You mean arena players are forced in to RBGs? My whole group hates RBGs and we're all arena players.

@OP - Another contributing factor is that people like myself were hoping that with the coming of the next season things would change from the sad state that PvP is currently in. With the admission from Blizzard that 'any significant changes would be done next expansion' a lot of people don't want to bother PvP'ing in this game for another year before this mess that is PvP is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxtrixias View Post
    Maybe merging a few bg's is a good idea? One of my friends told me they waited like 20min for an arena sometimes. at 2.5k raiting. This was at a sucky BG tho.
    How about merge all BGs and allow cross-realm arena?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    People are FORCED into Rated Battlegrounds because of the increased conquest cap. My conquest cap for this week was 3299, at 2047 RBG rating -whereas 2047 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5 rating would net me a cap of only 2699 CP. That's 600 points less. I can't obtain that same rating by playing arena, even with the maximum arena rating (3.000), my point cap would be 3150 - a whole 149 points less.

Strict arena players are now second rate PvP'ers in Blizzard's eyes, because ''It's harder to organize an RBG group than a 3v3 team''. - L0L0L0L

TL;DR - people have flocked to RBGs for higher caps.

There are a ton of problems, some of which are addressed in this thread: forcing players to do rbgs for full conquest cap, horrible balance issues at the launch of MoP, removing any real incentives for rating. Also a large factor, and I believe tied in to the problems with RBG's, is the rediculous state of cc in the game right now. Bliz flatly refusing to fix something so key, which players have one again been telling them is unfun since MoP beta, is pretty baffling.

well, in like 5 weeks people will have pretty much BiS gear anyways if they have been getting 3200~ ish conq every week. Then maybe people can return to arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    People are FORCED into Rated Battlegrounds because of the increased conquest cap. My conquest cap for this week was 3299, at 2047 RBG rating -whereas 2047 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5 rating would net me a cap of only 2699 CP. That's 600 points less. I can't obtain that same rating by playing arena, even with the maximum arena rating (3.000), my point cap would be 3150 - a whole 149 points less.

Strict arena players are now second rate PvP'ers in Blizzard's eyes, because ''It's harder to organize an RBG group than a 3v3 team''. - L0L0L0L

TL;DR - people have flocked to RBGs for higher caps.
    This. Whats worse IMO is the fact that we only get 180 conquest for arena wins STILL. So that 2800 cap you have takes like 18 arena wins to get which if your a healer isnt easy to get in 2s. Its rediculously time consuming. While RBGs give 400 for a win and what, 220 for a loss? I forget I havent done a whole lot of rbgs, im gimping myself playing arenas, the thing thats actually fun about wow pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Been noticing lately that ques in arenas are so much longer now especially 3s. I know last season ques would take anywhere between 30 secs to 1 min during prime time. Now ques are about 5+ minutes. Does this have to do because there is no incentive to pvp anymore now that T2 is given out after capping 27000 conquest points? Or are people just leaving the game?
    I think a lot of what people have been saying. But I will also add that people are just tired of Arenas. I mean it serves no purpose. Blizzard still have not dealt with the win traders/exploiters. In fact Random BG queues seem to be very short, 3 mins or less. Also I've seen even the low level BG queues are shot compared to how long they were at one time 10+mins. People seem to be enjoying PVPing in random BGs without all the stress.

But PVP is imbalanced and that has not helped. I myself am having more fun PVPing lower levels on my Disc Priest. I can hold 4-5+ at one time healing myself and dealing damage.

But the CC right now is ridiculous. You spend most of your time in stuns/slows/roots/snares. There is no thought involved. Someone focus you, stuns you back to back and you are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    It's always been a joke.