Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Durumu's maze: I don't get it.

The part I don't get is that, beyond the initial purple squiggles, there's nothing that seems to indicate where the safe spots is actually going to BE at first. Like if your raid stacks on the edge of the fog waiting for the rest to form, does is come down to dumb luck whether you end up standing in a bad spot where the paths diverge for the first couple ticks? That's where we always lose someone

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    The part I don't get is that, beyond the initial purple squiggles, there's nothing that seems to indicate where the safe spots is actually going to BE at first. Like if your raid stacks on the edge of the fog waiting for the rest to form, does is come down to dumb luck whether you end up standing in a bad spot where the paths diverge for the first couple ticks? That's where we always lose someone
    Move into the previous wedge instead of waiting for the current wedge to fill up. Then, you can move back once it fills, and you are never in danger of void appearing under your feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's luck. You'll have to soak up the first tick. Have your healers stack shields or use your personal damage reduction/absorbtion cd.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

It is not luck, as the room fills up with the "maze" when you stand at the end of the purple squiggles you can see the maze start as he covers the room. As it gets closer to you line yourself up with where the maze seems to be headed and you and your raid can survive. If you have derps and cannot avoid some ticks use a healing cooldown to help people survive.
    Signature made by Aryiana :3

Yeah it's not luck, where the openings are is the only rng part, there is always a safe route available.

Just don't panic when the beam gets close to you, sometimes you gotta wait for the new opening to reveal itself, most deaths are from people moving too fast, you can get faaaaairly close to the beam without dying.

Maybe our first kill can help you. Here are those scenes(a little laggy but i think you can see what you need). Can't post links, just put them togehter

youtube com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bqXQtPGDoT0#t=144s

youtube com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bqXQtPGDoT0#t=344s

youtube com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bqXQtPGDoT0#t=535s

Deleted
    There is no luck what so ever in that part of the fight, look at where the fog spawn, move to that side close to the fog and dance when the maze start forming.

1. Beam spawns
    2. crackles spawn
    3. move to the side where the crackles spawn. stop just right before you would run into the shadows.
    4. wait for the maze to get close to you
    5. if there is only one part of the maze missing (this is where you stand) move into the direction of the beam into a safe stop. The maze should already be there
    6. the maze closes and reveals a path away from the beam
    7. follow the path
    8. win

Deleted
    All the above posts are great tips. But my biggest tip is turn particle density down to low for this fight. I normally play on high settings and had real trouble seeing the safe zones as the purple effect swirls around a lot and sometimes id be safe but on my screen have purple stuff all over me. When you turn down particle density it becomes a LOT easier to see the actual safe zones as it removes a lot of the swirly effect and just leaves you with the damage part.

Made this phase 100 times easier

Sepha

Deleted
    Yep, turn your GFX down. And maybe up the gamma on your screen.

Dark purple on dark purple on a dark background. GG Blizz. Several hundred thousand LFR deaths later and it's still as black as the inside of a cat.

Deleted
    If you can get to Durumu in normals you should be able to handle the maze without much practice. I simply get close to the wall, about 5-10y from the boss and wait for the moving part to reach me, then adjust into the safe zones and move around, I think I even upped my graphics instead of the other way around.

That being said, the graphics is shit and should be changed asap.

Stay far away from beam, all stack and pop some CD (u dont need em for anything else in this fight anyway).

http://fuskbugg.se/file/eQevbH/WoWSc...413_210134.jpg (ofc this is bit into the maze, but can't say its hard to see where to go.)

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Yes, it's luck. You'll have to soak up the first tick. Have your healers stack shields or use your personal damage reduction/absorbtion cd.
    I would go with what the previous poster wrote. You don't have to get the first tick. Also, adding the Mind Spikes randomly thrown at people, it can put you in a bad situation.

In a 25m, we put a Marker on our Tank who only focuses on being in a safe zone while the beam is rotating.

http://www.twitch.tv/almond1795/b/386262633
    Here's a video from my stream, not sure if it links to the time, but at ~41:41 the maze starts. You can see I move forward because there's eye sores to the left (could move back too), this means that it's going to close it on that spot, and you either get out or get hit, there's no "luck" involved.
    I usually mark myself to help people, although later on in the fight I managed to die due to a healer dying and an undergeared heals in the raid, and they still killed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taoforums View Post
    I would go with what the previous poster wrote.
    I already realized my mistake. It's just me always shielding on the first tick, so it doesn't make the difference. But the thought of running back at the beam into already spawned parts of the "maze" just didn't cross my mind for some reason.

Maybe now I'll be able to save my CD (1 min so it's not a big deal anyway) on this phase.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Here is what I sent my raid and what ultimately helped us get going in the maze. Once you are in it, it is pretty easy. We also found that people who had trouble could use the path in the back and have a much easier time.

I did some reading and found a good explanation and graphic of how this works.

The Graphic:
    http://gickr.com/results4/anim_e1eaa...18cf2cae75.gif

-Ignore the ice walls, they are heroic and you just have to dps them to break them, which means we need to know how this works and be comfortable enough in the maze to dps those walls by the time we hit heroic. Yay!

A quick explanation:
    -The purple crackle we stand in, is the last part of the arena to fill.
    -The beam always starts at the entrance
    -The arena fills like an 8 slice pizza, 1 slice at a time, starting on the opposite side of the beam from the crackle
    -Purple Crackle = Slices 7 & 8
    -We stand in slice 8 until slice 7 spawns, then we move into the gaps, then slice 8 fills and we start following the maze

-Our problem on our attempts was standing in slice 7 and just trying to guess where the safe spots will be.

Info pulled from this thread:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post20571822

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wcard View Post
    Here is what I sent my raid and what ultimately helped us get going in the maze. Once you are in it, it is pretty easy. We also found that people who had trouble could use the path in the back and have a much easier time.

I did some reading and found a good explanation and graphic of how this works.

The Graphic:
    http://gickr.com/results4/anim_e1eaa...18cf2cae75.gif

-Ignore the ice walls, they are heroic and you just have to dps them to break them, which means we need to know how this works and be comfortable enough in the maze to dps those walls by the time we hit heroic. Yay!

A quick explanation:
    -The purple crackle we stand in, is the last part of the arena to fill.
    -The beam always starts at the entrance
    -The arena fills like an 8 slice pizza, 1 slice at a time, starting on the opposite side of the beam from the crackle
    -Purple Crackle = Slices 7 & 8
    -We stand in slice 8 until slice 7 spawns, then we move into the gaps, then slice 8 fills and we start following the maze

-Our problem on our attempts was standing in slice 7 and just trying to guess where the safe spots will be.

Info pulled from this thread:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post20571822
    This + particle effect down = win (or simply faceroll it with a Warlock)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Yep, turn your GFX down. And maybe up the gamma on your screen.

Dark purple on dark purple on a dark background. GG Blizz. Several hundred thousand LFR deaths later and it's still as black as the inside of a cat.
    Sorry but it's really not hard, and given the fact that compared to normal/heroic you take near enough no damage from the maze it's incredibly easy. You don't have to turn down your graphics, or turn up your gamma at all. You see the maze forming, you check where it's going to be, if you are not sure you use a defensive cooldown. You move on the safe spot, which is really clearly to see, and from there on you wait till the a path opens and then it's just running a circle. How hard can it be?

The easiest area to go is to the far edge of the ring. The openings are huge and easy to spot there.