Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    If you mean does getting the mutations change the proc, then no. It only looks at your prebuff rating (including ignoring the 3k mastery buff)
    Yeah that's what I was wondering. Still don't have it though, fun shit. Also is it feasible to just leave a SEF clone on the crystal during H Tortos to build the bubble

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Yeah that's what I was wondering. Still don't have it though, fun shit. Also is it feasible to just leave a SEF clone on the crystal during H Tortos to build the bubble
    The bubble is able to add onto itself fairly quickly, so I wouldn't; especially if you are killing the bats and not kiting. I just use Crackling Jade Lightning and if needbe a quick Expel harm or Healthstone to quickly build up the bubble. The macro I use is:

#showtooltip Crackling Jade Lightning
    /target Humming Crystal
    /cast Crackling Jade Lightning

This will target the closest Humming Crystal and cast CJL. You only need one tick to proc the bubble. Pro tip, if the raid is already set to heroic before the trash before the boss, you can use the Crystals to mitigate the damage from the trash.

The three talents I use for this fight (four if you want) is Leg Sweep, Dampen harm, Rushing Jade Wind, and Chi Burst. Leg Sweep to stun the bats when the tank needs it. You can use Dampen harm and Touch of Karma to basically mitigate every stomp; thus never loosing the bubble. The only time you may loose it would be the rock falls. A good suggestion there is start on one side (left in my guilds strat) and work your way to the right, thus less likely to spawn near by the end of the rock fall. And of course Rushing Jade Wind and maybe Chi Burst for AOEing the bats. In our kill tonight I got 27th on the fight without the need for Chi Burst but AoE like a Mother****er (earlier attempts I was doing better but still averaging 200k+ on the attempts).

On an unrelated note, sad to see your guildy Monkxx stop raiding. I liked the guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varakai View Post
    Question regarding pre RoR. I now got a 4pc and every sim I read (AMR and Simcraft) both keep telling me to have haste spewing from all ends. Yet I see people who gem mastery, reforge mastery have over 4% mastery rating and then I have sims telling me that it's a DPS loss to go that route. So confused.
    Well. Imo haste makes roro abit wierd since you make it proc without stacks but the 4set makes haste better. I do not have 4set yet but I doubt that i will change from hastesoftcap> mastery 1point over haste > critt with 4set. Mastery dont do anything when you are just building stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post

On an unrelated note, sad to see your guildy Monkxx stop raiding. I liked the guy.
    I recently joined so hell if I know. Apparently he really likes fishing or something.

Question regarding pre RoR. I now got a 4pc and every sim I read (AMR and Simcraft) both keep telling me to have haste spewing from all ends. Yet I see people who gem mastery, reforge mastery have over 4% mastery rating and then I have sims telling me that it's a DPS loss to go that route. So confused.
    It's been said many times many ways, sims are bad and they love haste because they can play a perfect rotation. This is the last time I'm going to say it!

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!

Ehem. That being said, haste is our best stat up to the GCD cap(~22-25%) in my opinion. That's what my spreadsheet tells me, and that's what my WOL rankings tell me. 2Pc T15 knocks this cap down about 4%, and it wiggles a little based on how often you use Fists of Fury.

Who in particular is gemming mastery? I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    It's been said many times many ways, sims are bad and they love haste because they can play a perfect rotation. This is the last time I'm going to say it!

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!

Ehem. That being said, haste is our best stat up to the GCD cap(~22-25%) in my opinion. That's what my spreadsheet tells me, and that's what my WOL rankings tell me. 2Pc T15 knocks this cap down about 4%, and it wiggles a little based on how often you use Fists of Fury.

Who in particular is gemming mastery? I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why.
    Problem is, by looking at people now, most people are in the OS so I could only find 2.

Axon: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Axon/advanced
    Zivh: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zivh/advanced (I assume he does this because of RoR?)

So is it even worth it to sim anything?

It's worth simming so that you can get a comparison of how you are doing in raids vs. a standard simulation benchmark. I'm just not very confident in how SimC calculates relative stat weights, since monks are so haste sensitive. Also keep in mind that SimC is benchmark encounter that doesn't exist anymore (patchwerk), and you are most likely using your GCDs for things other than DPS.

All I can say about people that stack mastery is that maybe they are more comfortable with a slower rotation, or like seeing huge numbers when you go TEB super saian. Haste has been shown to improve DPS more than mastery or crit up to a comfort level. I know that I am dialing back my haste a bit simply because it felt too button mashy.

Deleted
    Problem is, by looking at people now, most people are in the OS so I could only find 2.

Axon: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Axon/advanced
    Zivh: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zivh/advanced (I assume he does this because of RoR?)

So is it even worth it to sim anything?
    Actually that looks about right.
    Axon do not have RoR at obviously prefer Mastery over critt. Which could be right if he is good/great with handling tigereye.
    Zivh is just gemming mastery to give him more secondary stats to play with. If you check his ratings he have ~haste softcap then mastery full out. And critt right behind his mastery.

It doesnt really matter if he gem mastery/critt there since all it does is giving him more secondary stats. Those gems could be haste/critt too if you just reforge like you should.

Deleted
    hello fellow monks.
    i would like some help if there's some gentle soules around. i'm in a bit of a dilemma, i've aquired the 2 handed staff from horridon. and atm. i got raid finder HoF fist
    fully upgraded + gems, and mogu shan heroic fist fully upgraded. would the two handed be an upgrade? - or is 2handed still far behind from dw?.
    Also, here's my armory ''chaòz on zenedar eu. ( cannot post links since im new in here sowwy :3)'' if you got any tips or reforging/gemming i would be glad to hear them.

best regards maddix

Quote Originally Posted by maddix View Post
    hello fellow monks.
    i would like some help if there's some gentle soules around. i'm in a bit of a dilemma, i've aquired the 2 handed staff from horridon. and atm. i got raid finder HoF fist
    fully upgraded + gems, and mogu shan heroic fist fully upgraded. would the two handed be an upgrade? - or is 2handed still far behind from dw?.
    Also, here's my armory ''chaòz on zenedar eu. ( cannot post links since im new in here sowwy :3)'' if you got any tips or reforging/gemming i would be glad to hear them.

best regards maddix
    Not to be "one of those guys", but this question has been asked and answered about a dozen times in this thread alone and has several standalone threads in the forum dealing with it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...+2h+dual+wield

From that thread.

2 hander.

A good way to look at it is for every 4 itm lvls ur OH is lower than ur MH subtract 1 from your weapon ilvl.

so 483-463 = 20 divided by 4 = 5 brings ur dual wield ilvl to 478.

*edit* also in terms of the legendary gem not sure if you are able to aquire it yet but it typically counts for 2-3 ilvls making any upgrade surpass it now that you cant upgrade gear anymore.

Weapon dps is a ww's greatest upgrade

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    Not to be "one of those guys", but this question has been asked and answered about a dozen times in this thread alone and has several standalone threads in the forum dealing with it.

From that thread.
    I Do apologize about that, I'm new in here and im happy you took your time to help me out ^^. If any have some advice about reforging and gemming im still interrested in hearing some.

Quote Originally Posted by maddix View Post
    I Do apologize about that, I'm new in here and im happy you took your time to help me out ^^. If any have some advice about reforging and gemming im still interrested in hearing some.
    First page of this thread, hope its what you're looking for .

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    5.2 Recap for Windwalkers

Updated stat values
    5.2 gives us a lot more freedom in what stats to go for, as all stats can be good depending on the situation and your gear.

I'd first like to address the haste soft-cap. While this was at 4K in 5.1, the change to mastery means that Combo Breaker will proc a lot less often. This means that it will take more haste to be able to fill every GCD. Good values to go for now are between 6 and 8k, depending on what setbonuses you have, how comfortable you are with your rotation, your latency, etc. Personally I like to stay just below 7k.

After reaching the haste soft-cap, there's 3 recommended ways to gem and reforge:

1. No T15 4set bonus and no Rune of Re-Origination trinket: hit/exp caps > haste softcap > agility > crit > mastery > haste beyond softcap > hit beyond softcap

Red sockets: pure agility
    Yellow sockets: agility + crit
    Blue sockets: agility + hit

2. You got the T15 4set bonus and good gear, but no Rune of Re-Origination: hit/exp caps > haste softcap > agility > mastery >= crit > haste beyond softcap > hit beyond softcap

Red sockets: pure agility
    Yellow sockets: agility + mastery
    Blue sockets: agility + hit

3 Rune of Re-Origination: hit/exp caps > enough mastery to make it your highest secondary stat (without raidbuff) > haste softcap > crit > haste beyond the softcap > more mastery than is needed to make it your highest stat > agility > hit beyond the softcap

Red sockets: expertise/agility + haste/mastery/crit (expertise gems will give you more secondary stats to play with, but take care to not go over the expertise cap)
    Yellow sockets: pure haste/mastery/crit
    Blue sockets: hit + haste/mastery/crit

What gems to use will vary a lot, and it's not weird to use 5 different kinds of gems in different parts of your gear.

Ideally your stats will look something like this:

haste: 6.5k (softcap)
    mastery: 6.6k (just above haste)
    crit: 5.5k (rest into crit as long as it stays below mastery)

As you gain better gear, all 3 of your secondary stats should stay very close to each other, with mastery being slightly ahead of the other two.

I know this is probably just common sense, but you only want to use 10 stack TEB when you have some sort of proc right? Unless of course you are at 19 stacks in which case an unbuffed TEB would be better than capping and wasting TEB stacks. Also should one sit on Energizing Brew to sync with TEB or just use EB whenever possible?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    I know this is probably just common sense, but you only want to use 10 stack TEB when you have some sort of proc right? Unless of course you are at 19 stacks in which case an unbuffed TEB would be better than capping and wasting TEB stacks. Also should one sit on Energizing Brew to sync with TEB or just use EB whenever possible?
    Im using EB whenever Im energystarving. Dont really see a reason to pop it when I could just pop chiwave/FoF instead. But if you are close to energystarving when you pop TEB then I would use EB too. Not sure if you have RoRO or not but before I got it I saved my TEB until I got Agile procc + dancing steel or when a burstphase/dmg increase phase starts.

Not sure if this is the Optimal way of doing it but it has given me the best results and the smoothes plays.

So since I look at logs, how do you see what last tier talent a guy uses on a fight for future reference.
    It never pops up on damage done unless I'm doing it wrong.

On the damage done page that shows the raid, if you click the drop down arrow beside a player it will show if they used Xuen. Otherwise on their own analysis page you'll be able to see if they used torpedo or RJW.

Can someone help me out with dps?

Quote Originally Posted by bizbiz View Post
    Can someone help me out with dps?
    - no armory?
    - no description of what is wrong?
    - not searched the forums? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-WW-Fix-my-DPS

Quote Originally Posted by DivineZero View Post
    Im using EB whenever Im energystarving. Dont really see a reason to pop it when I could just pop chiwave/FoF instead. But if you are close to energystarving when you pop TEB then I would use EB too. Not sure if you have RoRO or not but before I got it I saved my TEB until I got Agile procc + dancing steel or when a burstphase/dmg increase phase starts.

Not sure if this is the Optimal way of doing it but it has given me the best results and the smoothes plays.
    I don't think that's wrong, necessarily. I try to use Chi Wave on cooldown as it is the second highest damage ability after RSK. After that, I try to force energy starvation through BoK spam and use energizing brew to top myself back off. I only use FoF when EB is on cooldown, so maybe once per minute, depending on the fight.

My thinking is that EB gets you faster stacks of TEB.

When i compare what i do to when i run simcraft im short about 15k dps.
    i don't know what else i could be doing wrong. i have tried haste to softcap then crit with my current gear and stacking crit>haste and my numbers dont change at all.