Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gripes so far in arena - Thoughts?

Keen to see where people sit on some of the most frustrating things to me right now in arena (from perspective of a resto druid just fyi):

-UH DKs dmg being absolutely absurd (plus all the utility, but the shear dot damage is unbelievable).
    -Hunter CC, need to get rid of pet stuns/sleeps/whatever, and also the fact you can cop an explosive trap whilst frozen and knocked an entire map away. Make BM hunter less mindless. Am fine with them having interrupt and scatter->trap.
    -Frost mage burst damage, this is just unbelievable damage which can be very hard to counter at times, sudden switches really hurt here.
    -BLANKET SILENCES, just get rid of them. Silenced for 4s, meanwhile my team mate with full hots, 20% dmg reduction, and 10k resil is dead before I can even cast once more. And they didn't even manage to interrupt me, dunno why i'm even fake casting anymore with all the blankets...
    -Rogues mass stealth (worst idea for pvp, just lets one team get such an easy opener on the other, especially with that ridiculous nature of thug cleave).

CC is a bit over the top too, but realistically I find blanket silences far less skillful than getting a good CC chain out, and so am currently not listing it as a major gripe.

What are your guys thoughts currently? Any in agreement/disagree?

Not wanting a flame war or anything, just keen to see others perspectives of what they're finding most difficult to overcome this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is coming from a frost/unh dk:
    -Hunter disengage root and CC
    -Disc absorbs and CC
    -Rogue subterfuge
    -Resto druids running away from me without any way of getting to them after I used my grip and asphyx
    -(MW)Monk mobility and RoP and stupid 0.5 sec GCD instant orb heals which heal for 30-40k each. And dematerialize!
    -Any cleave which has a feral in it, or a ret in it. Because you know, ret healing is fine.

These are just my own opinions and gripes about arena and PvP.

I play a destro lock mostly for arena, also play a monk, rogue, feral and dk for random bgs.

-Feral druid vs Resto druid - cyclone - sleep - hibernate, being a feral against a resto you might as well just quit
    -Not being able to keep a druid slowed and from running like a nancy.
    -Pillar humpers
    -Pali bubbles
    -Ret heals
    -the amount of cc, stuns, silences and roots
    -arena time outs to long (used to be 45mins and I believe was changed to 30mins) 30mins imo in a single arena is to long
    -hunters able to use stampede in arena but dks can't use army
    -tank specs being aloud in arena's
    -blood dks
    -micro managing pets for pet classes - ex. my lock, if my pet dies (which has been happening a lot in arena as of late) I use FoX to get it back up but then command demon doesn't have my silence/disarm ability available so then I have to hard cast the summon just to get the ability back properly, not sure if this is a bug or not.
    -Hunter silencing shot

I do agree that blanket silences are getting a little crazy.

everything seems manageable except hunters 10 CCs.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    absurd mage and WW monk dmg.. monk CC in general and the frequency of CC they can use is a bit naughty.. monk mobility is worse than resto dudu mobility, how dafuq to catch one ty pls frend?... just a few things need sorting tbh.
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Only 2 things that annoy me big times

- Instant CC, every class has several instant roots, stuns, fears, sleeps and whatnot, it's out of control.

- Healers are unkillable, needs no explanation.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    - Healers are unkillable, needs no explanation.
    If you play 2s maybe.

Ret pallies big off heal can be dispel, monitor its stacks and pressure them, wordofglory alone cant keep any1 alive. In any group makeup focus ret its soft + controlable + cc prone. Most specs can counter them when they try and do damage, Kite the pet they summon it often gets buggy and runs back to them without building stacks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    This is coming from a frost/unh dk:
    -Hunter disengage root and CC
    -Disc absorbs and CC
    -Rogue subterfuge
    -Resto druids running away from me without any way of getting to them after I used my grip and asphyx
    -(MW)Monk mobility and RoP and stupid 0.5 sec GCD instant orb heals which heal for 30-40k each. And dematerialize!
    -Any cleave which has a feral in it, or a ret in it. Because you know, ret healing is fine.

These are just my own opinions and gripes about arena and PvP.
    Wrong in so many ways. Man. DK hardcounter any disc team atm

15+ Year Old Account
    I disslike Boomkins for never ever casting a cast time spell
    BM control with its burst is also retarded, hardcounter for every single melee class is just wrong.

Instant Hunter CC.
    Frost Bomb.
    Blanket CS.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Amount of instant CC's and they could nerf dk&hunters total dmg like few percentages. fyi im resto druid aswell xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eziush View Post
    Wrong in so many ways. Man. DK hardcounter any disc team atm
    When I join arena as my Unholy DK, and I see Priest in opposite team, I am like: "Oh yummy", or "Poor priest"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I disslike Boomkins for never ever casting a cast time spell
    BM control with its burst is also retarded, hardcounter for every single melee class is just wrong.
    I welcome you to try playing boomy, and get of a cast against all the interrupts there is it the game atm. 2.30 sec cast isnt really castable at this point.

Thugcleave opener.
    And all the instant cc, feels like you are controlling you character for 10% in a game and the rest in cc chains
    Do you hear the voices too?

This is coming from somebody who just started arenas; This is my first patch actually being able to participate.
    I'm playing at 1850+ MMR.

Frost Mages;
    Deep --- > Dead.
    Unless I trinket I'm out. It's also cute when they frost bomb ontop of that so unless my healer is playing 110% I'm screwed; It turns into a laugh fest when I'm actually able to 1v1 one of these crappers or I survive deep. Nothing with this much CC should /ever/ do this much damage.
    Frost bomb also needs to go. Deep might actually be /okay/ ontop of the million other things if this were just straight up never implemented.

Hunters;
    No skill stampede. If they've got a brain they've got too much instant CC with no draw back to their class. (Minimum range gone? Haha. If they keep all that it should have been kept.) - The fact they can control, kite, deflect and have their pet do a large chunk of their damage was just asking for poor balance in the first place.
    No idea why they weren't nerfed into the ground like warriors were.
    One of my best friends is a hunter and she's just enjoying her free ride and knows it's too good right now.

Rogues
    Nothing with that much CC should do that much damage.
    Subterfuge.

Personally not having too many grips against S-Priest. Maybe it's because my alt is one so I know it's toolset but unless one of the above 3 classes are with it I don't struggle. Also not having too many problems against DK - Damage is comparable to warrior and I've never actually had a problem against a DK comp unless again - One of the above 3 classes are playing decently. I just force AMS and we destroy it.

Every single one of my complaints comes from the common sense balancing key of; "It should either be utility, damage or heals" - Too bad everything has to do everything and PVP's dying because of it ontop of a lack of participation. (In my opinion.)
    All I can say is thank goodness last season's warriors are done and we went straight to the damage department.

I agree with a lot of this but a few simple chages would make a world of diference.

First maybe have shorter derations and higher DR times.
    Second change silences to interupts causing you to just have to recast.
    Third change the trinket to make player immune to cc for 5-10 sec after use. With all the CC at this point the trinket is damn near useless.

I play a holy paladin and I have experienced the same CC deaths as many others. Yes I have "bubble" but guess what can't be cast when Holy Locked. I don't at all think healers should be able to free cast but I do think I should be able to win or lose because the way I play not because I can't control my character.
    Last edited by Ozone; 2013-04-06 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post

I play a holy paladin and I have experienced the same CC deaths as many others. Yes I have "bubble" but guess what can't be cast when Holy Locked. I do'nt at all think healers should be able to free cast but I do think I should be able to win or lose because they way I play not because I can't control my character.
    Doesn't mass dispel remove that as well - Or am I wrong?

I know I can shatter it so it's essentially useless against warrior comps outside if somebody can stun the warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Doesn't mass dispel remove that as well - Or am I wrong?

I know I can shatter it so it's essentially useless against warrior comps outside if somebody can stun the warrior.
    Yes mass dispel does. 5.3 it will not but a simple glyph will make it happen again.

My main gripe is Monk's Ring of Peace combined with there 20 yard range disarm.
    That and Warlock's improved Succubus' CONSTANT spamming of sleep.

This coming from an Arms Warrior.