Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The unlimited "re-skills" kind of killed it for me.

In D2, I especially loved trying out new, crazy builds every once in a while.

You just don't get the same satisfaction out of messing around with your skills on the same character and a great amount of replayability is lost for me this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I think you might have brain damage if you believe someone would spend more than 10 hours playing a video game that wasn't fun or entertaining. Good try though.
    You think playing through the tutorial mode (AKA "normal mode") takes 10 hours?

Secondly, If I spend full price for a game I'm going to play through to the end no matter how shitty it is, if only to give it the benefit of the doubt that it may surprise me towards the end (sadly it didn't, and luckily I got a refund because their servers were as shitty as the game)

If you want to talk with the big boys you're going to have to start making more sense. Good try though, cupcake.
    Last edited by Lomak; 2013-04-05 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    The problem is while its better there is still ZERO balance among classes and even less among builds.

For example Barbs can solo MP 10 ubers with 15 mil gear. Try that on a DH? Hell try MP 6/7 on a DH with 15 mil in gear.

Also class builds need to be looked at again.
    Why should I be forced to play Calamity Grenades/Trap on my DH for higher MPs if what I love playing is Strafe?
    Why should I be forced to play CM/WW on my Wiz if what I love is Archon?

So much is still wrong its silly. Every build should work on every MP. The only thing holding you back is supposed to be gear not the fact that your build sucks. Archon is my favorite but unless you are Bill Gates you will never see MP 9/10 as Archon simply because they class mechanics force you to play low MPs. You just cant maintain archon on anything higher than MP5 without a billion in Gear. I tried it with 500 mil gear and 400k DPS and MP 4 was all I could do and if I got shielding mobs I lost archon and then died to trash cause all my defense was gone. All the while Barbs with 20 mil are facerolling MP10 and I cant do it with half a bil.
    This brings up an interesting point that did not occur to me until now. Seems like Blizzard, maybe not just D3 but other Blizzard games, has moved away from allowing you full character customization so that class and spec balances are not top priority as your not "stuck" into any particular build in any aspect of the game until they can finally balance it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    The problem is while its better there is still ZERO balance among classes and even less among builds.

For example Barbs can solo MP 10 ubers with 15 mil gear. Try that on a DH? Hell try MP 6/7 on a DH with 15 mil in gear.

Also class builds need to be looked at again.
    Why should I be forced to play Calamity Grenades/Trap on my DH for higher MPs if what I love playing is Strafe?
    Why should I be forced to play CM/WW on my Wiz if what I love is Archon?
    Because D2 builds were totally balanced? Oh wait, no, there were 2 or 3 cookie cutters per class everyone ran with.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Because D2 builds were totally balanced? Oh wait, no, there were 2 or 3 cookie cutters per class everyone ran with.
    So?

Even if there is cookie cutter specs, something that will exist in any game you can spec or chose skills in, doesn't exclue the fun for people who like to play around with builds that are not "best". The people who find the "best" builds are usually the once enjoying to try stuff out and by eliminating that part of the RPG Blizzard is alienating a portion of their potential customer base, something they obviously did the cost analysis of and realize they would make more money by making their games lack complexity and be user friendly with as little choice as possible.

They are obviously free to change direction like that if they so chose but no one should be surprised when a fair few people are left disappointed as they expected something totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    In other words, you didn't want Diablo 3, you wanted a shinier remake of Diablo 2.
    I would RUSH to the store to buy an upgraded version of D2 with better graphics and some boosts to endgame.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I would RUSH to the store to buy an upgraded version of D2 with better graphics and some boosts to endgame.
    Sure but I would rush to the store if they simply said ''We are now scrapping D3 and remaking it once more''

D3 failed because it failed to properly reward players for playing. Players would farm for 10 hours, 100 hours, 500 hours, and not find an upgrade, and then go to the auction house and find an upgrade in 2 minutes. This taught players that farming is a waste of time and its about playing the auction house. Not many people who would pick up D3 find that fun, so most left. The end.

It never failed, even though it didn't manage to live up to the high expectations people had on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Even if there is cookie cutter specs, something that will exist in any game you can spec or chose skills in, doesn't exclue the fun for people who like to play around with builds that are not "best".
    Yes, but they shouldn't whine about it like the guy did. In D2, there were a lot of underdog builds, and most people playing them would struggle in Normal or NM and would get trouble clearing hell. Same thing here: not all classes or builds are MP10 viable, which is fine.
    MMO player

Same thing here: not all classes or builds are MP10 viable, which is fine.
    The argument for scraping the old talent system was to avoid locking the player in to a unplayable class/spec with the flexibility to make most if not all builds viable, and surely all classes, if one class isn't MP10 viable then you should be able to ask for a refund as the game is broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    The argument for scraping the old talent system was to avoid locking the player in to a unplayable class/spec with the flexibility to make most if not all builds viable, and surely all classes, if one class isn't MP10 viable then you should be able to ask for a refund as the game is broken.
    I'm sorry I don't get you here. The problem of the old talent system was a) that you couldn't change it before patch 1.12 (?) and b) that because of synergies, you ended up with one main skills and 3 or 4 more maxed to support it. Exceptions were few and far between. Now if THAT is not broken, I don't know what is.
    MMO player

I'm sorry I don't get you here. The problem of the old talent system was a) that you couldn't change it before patch 1.12 (?) and b) that because of synergies, you ended up with one main skills and 3 or 4 more maxed to support it. Exceptions were few and far between. Now if THAT is not broken, I don't know what is.
    And the current system differs how you think? You still focus on one or at most two main abilities and the rest to enhance damage or survivability, something that would be equally broken according to your way of looking at it, just that you don't have much choice with the new system.

To see how the talent system could be evolved look at PoE where they offer huge depth and player choice when it comes to passive talents and skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the current system differs how you think? You still focus on one or at most two main abilities and the rest to enhance damage or survivability, something that would be equally broken according to your way of looking at it, just that you don't have much choice with the new system.
    Where did I say it differed? The guy I initially replied to said that the new D3 class and skill balance is crap, suggesting that the initial D2 balance wasn't, which is false. That was the original discussion.

And yes, it differs, because in D2 in some builds you had literally 1 button to press (conc barb for instance). At least now you have several XD

To see how the talent system could be evolved look at PoE where they offer huge depth and player choice when it comes to passive talents and skills.
    That kind of "depth" means that someone will calculate the optimal graph for skills and everyone and his mum will use it. Some depth.
    MMO player

Wasn't it announced a few days back D3 have one million users daily playing?

and if so, you can cry and bitch about it all you want, thats not a failure

It made a dick load of money so I doubt Blizzard calls it a failure but in the eyes of a lot people who purchased the game it really failed.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    It made a dick load of money so I doubt Blizzard calls it a failure but in the eyes of a lot people who purchased the game it really failed.
    Personally, I believe that people are using the words "failure" and "not what I was expecting" interchangeably. Looking at the amount of games that were sold, I would say that D3 was a success. But as a Diablo fanatic, it certainly fell short of my expectations, and I was expecting more. So while I was overall let down, it still was a good game and the amount of sales show that.

....In my opinion, of course.

One thing they could do is to make boss runs more rewarding (So you actually want to kill bosses - Dont want baal run 2.0, but something close). Or have sertain bosses/places drop some items more often than normal. Few things...like Mephisto and the Shako on hell or whatever.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I think the only real failure of Diablo 3 which will probably never be fixed is the atmosphere. The game isn't scary! I wasn't that young when I played D2 and I thought it was scary in the catacombs when you opened a door and got zerged by a gang of those bull like things. The closest thing to that in Diablo 3 are the kamikazes in the keep, but I feel like the game could have been made so much more brutal... Blizzard underestimates what children can handle, they think blood will freak them out!

I blew people to pieces of flesh in Unreal Tournament when I was like 5 years old and it was fun as hell
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I think the only real failure of Diablo 3 which will probably never be fixed is the atmosphere. The game isn't scary! I wasn't that young when I played D2 and I thought it was scary in the catacombs when you opened a door and got zerged by a gang of those bull like things. The closest thing to that in Diablo 3 are the kamikazes in the keep, but I feel like the game could have been made so much more brutal... Blizzard underestimates what children can handle, they think blood will freak them out!

I blew people to pieces of flesh in Unreal Tournament when I was like 5 years old and it was fun as hell
    You were scared in D2 since you was just a little nubcake, a 20+ year old player wasn't scared in D2 neither as you now in D3. You grown up, no game can make you be little toad again, atleast not in this genre.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*