Nikon d40 as 'webcam'?

sup. I've been looking to get a camera for recording (YT) videos for quite a while now and recently i've been able to get my hands on a nikon d40 . It seems like a good camera, it's also fairly cheapish (130$).

What i'm not ceratain about, though is whether or not it can be used as a video input to the computer. Can I hook it up via usb and use their proprietary video cable as a video input or is it only good for still shots?
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently not. Did a quick search and apparently their drivers don't support it being able to be used as such.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    Apparently not. Did a quick search and apparently their drivers don't support it being able to be used as such.
    ah, i couldn't find anything and saw it had a composite video out, but i guess it wont work, thanks.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

I imagine if it has composite out, that you can use it as a sort of webcam as long as you also have a tuner card with those inputs.