Does anyone know if you can still dodge and parry while casting CJL?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    I'm actually kinda scratching my head about that one.

Rig ended up with around 180k dps, Justmonk around 205k, both of which actually seem sort of low for the fight, especially for a crit build. /shrug (No, I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just not necessarily sure that they were both crit for the kill. I think they should be in the 250-300k dps range if they went full crit and didn't die.)
    I think their damage is "comparably" low because they focus everything on bursting the bolt lightnings, which means really pooling energy, saving keg smash, taking rushing jade wind over xuen etc.
    Especially in the bloodlegion vid you can see the burst: rjw, ks, bof and so on ..
    So this pooling for the adds could explain some missing dps.

Quote Originally Posted by imbanane View Post
    I think their damage is "comparably" low because they focus everything on bursting the bolt lightnings, which means really pooling energy, saving keg smash, taking rushing jade wind over xuen etc.
    Especially in the bloodlegion vid you can see the burst: rjw, ks, bof and so on ..
    So this pooling for the adds could explain some missing dps.
    Yeah, I get that, but bursting adds down should only massively increase your dps - I'm averaging more than 5 million damage per wave of ball lightnings in full mastery gear (vs losing say, 200k damage if you hold a keg smash and energy cap a little), and there are 11 waves on a kill. RJW is definitely an overall dps increase on the fight as well. Even in phase 1, you can look at the single target damage - they're both like 150k? That does not smell like crit gearing to me.

Does anyone know if you can still dodge and parry while casting CJL?
    Nope.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-04-05 at 08:58 PM.

I'm actually kinda scratching my head about that one.

Rig ended up with around 180k dps, Justmonk around 205k, both of which actually seem sort of low for the fight, especially for a crit build. /shrug (No, I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just not necessarily sure that they were both crit for the kill. I think they should be in the 250-300k dps range if they went full crit and didn't die.)
    Well, to be fair somewhat, Rigg's monk is not his main, and I am not sure about Justmonk. Playstyles change somewhat as well between full mastery and crit builds and neither may be used to it. I am not saying this is the case, but is a possibility.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

What ever gave you the idea that tanks in progression guilds knew how to dps as tanks in the first place? I'm pretty certain the guy in method's main spec was WW and was forced to go BM on the fight due to their paladin tank being out of town or some nonsense. Riggnaros has always been a raid leader first and a tank second. Guy spends all his time screaming at his raid, how could he ever possibly play optimally in the situations he creates for himself.

And also, 450 wipes before a kill. Seriously, just because these idiots have infinite time on their hands by no means classifies them as being "the best raiders in wow" and I think we should do better as a community to knock them off their pedestals. If anything, it shows an incredible lack of skill having to repeat a process that many times before it is successfully accomplished.

Also, to be fair Daught, your stats are not that far off from someone who would stack crit anyway. Your're only missing maybe 5% crit from reforging/gemming. 5% crit isn't going to have an amazing difference in dps, you're probably just better than either of them.
    Last edited by djtravitrav; 2013-04-06 at 04:39 PM.

I have talisman of blood now.

I'm noticing some interesting things about the way/how it procs that might warrant further testing.

It doesn't seem like SCK can proc it, or that it procs it "extra" and it seems to proc off dizzying brew. I stood away from a test dummy set of 3 dummies and threw brews at them and it stacked to 5 really fast, but I couldn't repeat the feat later.

Like I said needs more testing. But it's interesting to think about that higher haste = higher PPM = more stacks = more haste = higher PPM.

So I'm thinking that, hypothetically speaking, you could probably "do" a lot with higher haste, maybe, I'd have to test it. I'm just thinking that if there's a way to gimmick consistently higher stacks you might get your crit "back" by swinging more. You also get more weapon procs, and more procs off the jin'rok trinket.

Just some out loud musings, but I'm going to play around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by djtravitrav View Post
    What ever gave you the idea that tanks in progression guilds knew how to dps as tanks in the first place? I'm pretty certain the guy in method's main spec was WW and was forced to go BM on the fight due to their paladin tank being out of town or some nonsense. Riggnaros has always been a raid leader first and a tank second. Guy spends all his time screaming at his raid, how could he ever possibly play optimally in the situations he creates for himself.

And also, 450 wipes before a kill. Seriously, just because these idiots have infinite time on their hands by no means classifies them as being "the best raiders in wow" and I think we should do better as a community to knock them off their pedestals. If anything, it shows an incredible lack of skill having to repeat a process that many times before it is successfully accomplished.

Also, to be fair Daught, your stats are not that far off from someone who would stack crit anyway. Your're only missing maybe 5% crit from reforging/gemming. 5% crit isn't going to have an amazing difference in dps, you're probably just better than either of them.
    I would hesitate and reconsider three times before assuming anyone from a top guild is simply being bad. There's a variety of reasons they could be doing the things they do, and they are the best players in the world for a reason. Don't let the 450 pulls fool you, they are extremely talented and probably better than any of us.

I actually redid my gear yesterday to gain ~5% crit for a theoretical 100% 2pT15/elusive brew uptime, and I'm pretty sure I can do another 7-8%.

I would hesitate and reconsider three times before assuming anyone from a top guild is simply being bad. There's a variety of reasons they could be doing the things they do, and they are the best players in the world for a reason. Don't let the 450 pulls fool you, they are extremely talented and probably better than any of us.

I actually redid my gear yesterday to gain ~5% crit for a theoretical 100% 2pT15/elusive brew uptime, and I'm pretty sure I can do another 7-8%.
    I'm pretty much there. I just got 2pc, and on a raider dummy, zero buffs, no food flask or 5% stats, no crit buff, and no melee attack speed buff, I can almost layer 15 EB > 15s pc proc > 15s EB.

That'll do wonders to lower damage taken... eager for 4pc.

Edit: nope I'm pretty much there. Tested some more and now I'm getting consistent overlap of the two buffs.
    Last edited by Trendy-Ideology; 2013-04-07 at 04:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Tested some more and now I'm getting consistent overlap of the two buffs.
    Just for a bit of clarification. Does the buff renew itself or does it stack like shuffle? It does seem like retarded question and is an obvious answer but i want to be damn sure this is the case before i jack the next token from my guild within good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Loktarok View Post
    Just for a bit of clarification. Does the buff renew itself or does it stack like shuffle? It does seem like retarded question and is an obvious answer but i want to be damn sure this is the case before i jack the next token from my guild within good reason.
    It refreshes. Which is kinda cool you can reach 100% uptime EB / Stagger proc sometimes whilea doing string of crit and having more than 6 stacks to spend while your stagger proc is still occuring. But this is not always the case so I'm aiming toward the 45% crit (according to my gear) to get it more reliable.

Eager for the 4PC but atm as a raid leader I let DPS have the set and I must say it's pretty cool to see 10K raid DPS more each 2PC of a DPS .

Do we have any idea when 5.3 is gonna drop? Cause I'm out of VP stuff to buy that's actually an upgrade. Even the trinket I bought is replaced now, so I really don't know what to do short of converting VP to conquest to have it not go to waste.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure they removed valor to conquest conversion in MoP, may have been re-added in 5.2 but doubt it. I'm also out of stuff to buy it seems, just gonna make sure I cap till 3k and then not worry about it till 5.3 hits. There's not much else to do with it anyway.

I'm quite upset by the fact that the VP back is inferior to the LFR jikun back... because that's one less thing I can dump valor on now.

Edit: Actually, I shouldn't say "Inferior" but it's barely an upgrade if it is an upgrade, the jikun back has more stats, the VP back just probably has more agi and stam. But not by much, because of the socket and bonus.

Deleted
    Assuming you gem crit/hit and can use the hit from the socket. Valor cloak has 221 more stamina, and 168 more agility, while ji-kun has 44 more secondaries. Ji-kun cloak does have crit which is nice, depends how you gear I suppose (agility also still gives crit at half the rate of crit rating). I'm still stuck with the hit/haste one from horridon. F all the hit/haste gear, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    F all the hit/haste gear, seriously.
    Amen. Reforged away every last iota of hit and still almost 1% over cap. The slight increase in EB from more dual-wield hits landing is small consolation.

re: Valor points. Buy blood spirits and auction them or use them to craft 496 ilvl stuff for some quick cash. Beyond that, don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    Amen. Reforged away every last iota of hit and still almost 1% over cap. The slight increase in EB from more dual-wield hits landing is small consolation.
    Pretty sure hit doesn't give any EB stacks at all, only crit (and crit gained from agi) give that. Except if you'd have like an insane amount of crit (which isn't possible with current gear I think), something like 77.5%.

Pretty sure hit doesn't give any EB stacks at all, only crit (and crit gained from agi) give that. Except if you'd have like an insane amount of crit (which isn't possible with current gear I think), something like 77.5%.
    This is correct. More hit rating on gives you more white damage while DW (non crit). It's good for dps, but that's about it. Sadly I'm in the same boat. I have about 100 extra hit than I need and any of my upgrades will put me way over that. Gonna try to stay DW to make some use of it.

Deleted
    How shit exactly is Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire? Rolled with a coin first bit of loot from a coin since the patch and i know it's shit. But i want someone to tell me sweet little lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Loktarok View Post
    How shit exactly is Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire? Rolled with a coin first bit of loot from a coin since the patch and i know it's shit. But i want someone to tell me sweet little lies.
    It's horrible. I thought it might be decent as well, but it is absolutely horrendous because of the low proc rate.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Assuming you gem crit/hit and can use the hit from the socket. Valor cloak has 221 more stamina, and 168 more agility, while ji-kun has 44 more secondaries. Ji-kun cloak does have crit which is nice, depends how you gear I suppose (agility also still gives crit at half the rate of crit rating). I'm still stuck with the hit/haste one from horridon. F all the hit/haste gear, seriously.
    You're right.

This is what happens when I napkinmath things in my head instead of putting them into excel like I normally do.

Assuming tomorrow isn't 5.3 and that there's not a 5.3 announcement or confirmation tomorrow, I'll be able to drop my valor on the cape for a slight upgrade.