Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elemental Shaman Trinket Help!!!

I'd appreciate a little insight if anyone can provide!

I have 3 trinkets that I just can't decide which to play with
    ----Breath of the Hydra
    ----Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assualt
    ----Wushoolay's Final Choice

I've played around w/ them all but the RNG of each isn't giving me enough insight to determine which I should be using

I'm new here, so I can't post url's ( But if you have the patience and willing to help" Pandemìc " is the name on Sen'jin ) alt code on my ì copy n paste

I'd appreciated any advice!! Thanks in Advance

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 01:23 PM ----------

Seem to be getting plenty of views on this thread but no clarity, can anyone provide anything useful?

Deleted
    Here's is a Link from your Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%ACc/advanced - State your region next time
    Well they are all good as far as i know, you could just use simcraft and see which is better atm for you. I know that is not the answer you wanted to hear.
    If i have to follow my gut, i'd say Hydra + Talisman until the trinket from Dark Animus(Che-Ya) is in your possession.

I'd like to add to this thread if you don't mind.
    I wouldn't want to make another trinket thread and create clutters.

I was wondering, when should I drop Relic of Yu'lon?
    I will have the shado-pan assault trinket this week, as well as Light of the Cosmos (normal) and Relic. Which 2 should I use?

I also have:
    Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker (Normal)
    and
    Amun-Thoth, Sul's Spiritrending Talons (LFR) with Metanoia Shield. (Heroic Dungeon)
    Which is better?
    I don't have the sha crystal for the staff.

Here is my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%ADn/advanced
    Last edited by Frostbites; 2013-04-07 at 07:57 AM.

Deleted
    Kurruptt,

I go by Ask Mr Robots values / weights for each trinket. I've put what it says into simcraft and it's always been correct. Just to be sure I'd put your char into ask mr robot and see what it says for yourself but for me it says Wushoolay's > Hydra >>>> Volatile.

Frostbites,

It recommends me shado-pan assault trinket >>>> Light of the Cosmos > Relic. About 1.2k difference between cosmos / relic. But again I'd check with Ask Mr Robot yourself just in case.

As for the weapons, I simmed myself with each and Amun-Thoth, Sul's Spiritrending Talons (LFR) with Metanoia Shield came out ahead by a few k. Again, it might be a bit different for you but I'd go with those 2.
    Last edited by mmoc21a8b26c9e; 2013-04-07 at 08:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbites View Post
    I'd like to add to this thread if you don't mind.
    I wouldn't want to make another trinket thread and create clutters.

I was wondering, when should I drop Relic of Yu'lon?
    I will have the shado-pan assault trinket this week, as well as Light of the Cosmos (normal) and Relic. Which 2 should I use?

I also have:
    Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker (Normal)
    and
    Amun-Thoth, Sul's Spiritrending Talons (LFR) with Metanoia Shield. (Heroic Dungeon)
    Which is better?
    I don't have the sha crystal for the staff.

Here is my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%ADn/advanced
    An upgraded Relic is the best trinket you can get after Heroic 2/2 upgraded Essences of Terror from Heroic Sha of Fear, so that is the last 1 you want to switch over.
    But since you dont have it upgraded, i'd go for the trinkets with the highest item level.

As for your weapon of choice: The Jin'ya staff is better atm.
    Code:
    248 Int
    251 Sta
    755 Crit (1.27%)
    852 Haste (2%)
    481.9 Melee DPS
    2708 Melee Min Damage
    2924 Melee Max Damage
    These are the stats you gain over the FW and shield. So i recommend you to do some of the old LFR and get that Legendary Gem, which will make the staff even more powerful. Even if you get an LFR shield, the Staff will be better.
    Last edited by mmoc8f7998508b; 2013-04-07 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
    Kurruptt,

I go by Ask Mr Robots values / weights for each trinket. I've put what it says into simcraft and it's always been correct. Just to be sure I'd put your char into ask mr robot and see what it says for yourself but for me it says Wushoolay's > Hydra >>>> Volatile.

Frostbites,

It recommends me shado-pan assault trinket >>>> Light of the Cosmos > Relic. About 1.2k difference between cosmos / relic. But again I'd check with Ask Mr Robot yourself just in case.
    I wouldn't trust Ask Mr Robot tbh, alot better to use simulationcraft is you ask me.

OP: Hydra and Wushoolay got the best procs but wushoolay gives hit while volatile talisman gives Intellect. It's a close call between those two but i would say go with Hydra+Volatile (Once again, sim it yourself like said above)

Frostbite:
    Relic+Shadopan 100%, light of the cosmos normal isn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurruptt View Post
    I'd appreciate a little insight if anyone can provide!

I have 3 trinkets that I just can't decide which to play with
    ----Breath of the Hydra
    ----Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assualt
    ----Wushoolay's Final Choice

I've played around w/ them all but the RNG of each isn't giving me enough insight to determine which I should be using

I'm new here, so I can't post url's ( But if you have the patience and willing to help" Pandemìc " is the name on Sen'jin ) alt code on my ì copy n paste

I'd appreciated any advice!! Thanks in Advance

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 01:23 PM ----------

Seem to be getting plenty of views on this thread but no clarity, can anyone provide anything useful?

Breath of the Hydra and Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault are the two best choices out of those trinkets.

Swap the Talisman for the Cha'ye trinket if you are lucky enough to acquire it and you then have BiS for normal ToT

This is unless the Rune of Re-Origination trinket from Lei Shen (agi) is broken for use with the Elemental 4 piece (gives us 90-110% mastery and therefor radically reduces our Ascendance cooldown if it works in conjunction with Lava Burst procs from procs from procs).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    I wouldn't trust Ask Mr Robot tbh, alot better to use simulationcraft is you ask me.
    I agree, but I always took the results from ask mr robot and put them into simcraft, and it hasn't been wrong yet . Tis the only reason I referenced it.

Ardourdan! I tend to agree w/ everything you say... Thanks so much for the input it has put my mind at ease!

All 3 of the raid trinkets are better than the Shado'pan Assault trinket (unless you're unable to use any of the hit on Wushoolay's) and the Shado'pan Assault trinket is better than RoY.

I had all 3 raid trinkets earlier in the tier, and simc has been showing for me that Wush > Cha'ye > BoH so long as I'm able to utilize the hit.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

Aww, I was afraid of that...
    So when do I replace the staff?

Deleted
    Would u say that the talisman is superior to wushoolay's heroic? I just coined it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbites View Post
    Aww, I was afraid of that...
    So when do I replace the staff?
    You'll only replace the staff when you get a normal 522 weapon. You'll need at least a 502 shield / off-hand to go with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Norbb View Post
    Would u say that the talisman is superior to wushoolay's heroic? I just coined it today.
    Congrats. Wushoolay's is a very good trinket if you don't go overboard with hit because of it. If you're gearing somewhere for spirit bonuses you can stop and gem for int instead, etc.

Hydra and Wushoo. Even over hit cap it's proc is very strong, though obviously value is lost over hit cap.

Deleted
    Instead of starting a new thread i've decided to take advantage of this one, so here it is my question :

currently i run with :
    2/2 Relic and Volatile SP Talisman

Yesterday i've managed to get a Cha-Ye Essence (lfr version), i really can't figure it out if it's worth using it and if it replacing for which trinket.

So some feedback/advice would be much appreciated, regards
    Last edited by mmoc441cc723fa; 2013-04-10 at 02:42 PM.

Hi I'm here for some help, I'm competing with an Ele shaman in my raid group for the Lei Shen trinket. As an Affliction lock the trinket is a massive upgrade for me since it makes all my DoTs crit for their entire duration, and from what I've read is a game changing trinket for Affliction. I've read that the trinket isn't that great for Ele shaman's but he seems to think it is BiS for him which is why he plans to roll against me for it. I guess my question would be how much do you think an Ele shaman would benefit from this trinket? And if you know anything about Affliction, who would benefit more?

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Hi I'm here for some help, I'm competing with an Ele shaman in my raid group for the Lei Shen trinket. As an Affliction lock the trinket is a massive upgrade for me since it makes all my DoTs crit for their entire duration, and from what I've read is a game changing trinket for Affliction. I've read that the trinket isn't that great for Ele shaman's but he seems to think it is BiS for him which is why he plans to roll against me for it. I guess my question would be how much do you think an Ele shaman would benefit from this trinket? And if you know anything about Affliction, who would benefit more?
    my thought here is if you aren't competing for world firsts, and it is in fact his best in slot, it honestly shouldn't matter who it's a bigger dps increase for. If these things are an issue your raid should be on loot council instead of rolling. I'd personally be a little annoyed if i was expected not to roll on a bis trinket because the lock feels it should be his. it's a game. have fun. You're putting too much thought in to worrying about who's rolling against you on a trinket that may or may not drop at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    If you're elemental shaman thinks the Lei Shen trinket is BiS for him he is smoking crack. If you are using a strictly rolls method i feel sorry for you and maybe you could point him to this board to take a peek so he goes after something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shottgunn View Post
    my thought here is if you aren't competing for world firsts, and it is in fact his best in slot, it honestly shouldn't matter who it's a bigger dps increase for. If these things are an issue your raid should be on loot council instead of rolling. I'd personally be a little annoyed if i was expected not to roll on a bis trinket because the lock feels it should be his. it's a game. have fun. You're putting too much thought in to worrying about who's rolling against you on a trinket that may or may not drop at some point.
    So you have no idea whether or not Ele's benefit from this trinket... I'm asking for facts not opinions, and don't try and tell me that itemization is irrelevant for progression if I'm not in a world first raid. That's pure absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    If you're elemental shaman thinks the Lei Shen trinket is BiS for him he is smoking crack. If you are using a strictly rolls method i feel sorry for you and maybe you could point him to this board to take a peek so he goes after something else.
    Yea I know the rolling system is stupid considering we're trying to push heroics and gear everyone as best we can. Could you elaborate as to why it isn't good for Ele's? I know that it's basically a niche trinket for snapshot DoT classes and has little use for burst specs, so I assume that's why.

From what I've read here it seems Ele would benefit far more from a longer lasting, heavy hitting proc trinket like Breath or Wush.