Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will MOP have 3 or 4 raids?

The title speaks for itself, will we have 4 raid TIERS in this xpack like we have always had, except for cataclysm?
    Last edited by lolcatabeta; 2013-04-07 at 08:15 AM.
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

We've already reached 4 raids in this expansion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I think you mean raid tiers.. Anyway probably, I think 5.4 will be the final tier.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    I don't think we will have as many raids as cata.

But surely 4 minium.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post
    The title speaks for itself, will we have 4 raids in this xpack like we have always had, except for cataclysm?
    4 raid tiers, you mean?

Dunno.

Yes I ment tiers, my bad
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

Three tiers, assuming MSV/HoF equal one despite the gear differential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post
    The title speaks for itself, will we have 4 raid TIERS in this xpack like we have always had, except for cataclysm?
    Yeah! We've always had 4 raid tiers every expansion.

Remember tier 1, 2, and 3 in vanilla?

And how Burning Crusade was 4, 5, and 6?

And Wrath was 7, 8, 9 and 10?

And Cataclysm was 11, 12 and 13?

Shit, the math doesn't add up. But we've always had four raid tiers every expansion! What the shit?

[/sarcasm]
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2013-04-07 at 08:29 AM.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Only thing missing is bite sized raids.

cant say i prefer them over cinematic daily's.

Pretty sure it's going to be 3 tiers. They've said Garrosh is the final boss of the expansion, and everything we've seen so far in 5.3 is gearing up for the Siege of Orgrimmar raid... So it's kind of doubtful we'll see any other raid tiers in this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Yeah! We've always had 4 raid tiers every expansion.

Remember tier 1, 2, and 3 in vanilla?

And how Burning Crusade was 4, 5, and 6?

And Wrath was 7, 8, 9 and 10?

And Cataclysm was 11, 12 and 13?

Shit, the math doesn't add up. But we've always had four raid tiers every expansion! What the shit?

[/sarcasm]
    Just because AQ and SWP didn't offer new 'tier gear', doesn't mean that they weren't raids seperately released with a patch. They still count as seperate raid tiers (in my opinion), which means that indeed only Cataclysm had just 3 raid tiers.

That said, I think 5.4 will be the last raid patch, seeing as Blizzard wanted to release more expansions more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    Just because AQ and SWP didn't offer new 'tier gear', doesn't mean that they weren't raids seperately released with a patch. They still count as seperate raid tiers (in my opinion), which means that indeed only Cataclysm had just 3 raid tiers.

That said, I think 5.4 will be the last raid patch, seeing as Blizzard wanted to release more expansions more often.
    Wouldn't that make HoF and ToES different tiers as well?:3 Taking MoP to 5 tiers!

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP will probably only have 3 raid tiers. The third and last one will be released in 5.4.

If 5.4 is the last raid tier then I am a bit more worried about the timing of the next expansion. The reason I say that is that 5.3 is on PTR and has been for some weeks now so it will be out soon. I would imagine that means we will see 5.4 released in about 4-5 months which brings us to an August-September release date for that and Blizzcon isn't until November which is 2-3 months after that release. This is purely speculation but looking at these estimations I would say there would be another tier after that otherwise there would be a massive gap again between the last raid tier and the new expansion.

unless they are so polished with the new expansion the new beta starts asap after blizzcon and we get relese in start of marts next year

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Wouldn't that make HoF and ToES different tiers as well?:3 Taking MoP to 5 tiers!
    HoF and ToES had the same level gear didn't they ? The way I see it MV wasn't a tier raid as no tier gear dropped. HoF+ToES was one Tier, ToT the second and 5.4 the third.

That leaves us with the possibility of a new expansion by Christmas ...

Out of curiousity, when do people imagine 5.3, 5.4 and the next xpack will be out?
    5.3 mid may??
    5.4 mid aug?
    expac in dec/jan?

Blizzard already said SoO will be in 5.4 and that it will be the last tier of the expansion, so 3 tiers seem fairly given, unless they throw something minor at us later on. I do however think it's entirely possible that 5.4 will have 2 raid instances, unless blizzard manages to fill SoO with 10+ bosses.

My prediction goes something like: 5.3 in May, 5.4 around August - September, then 5.5 (patch without a raid tier) before Christmas and then the next expansion being released somewhere around late spring/early summer 2014.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

5 raids and 3 raid tiers, 5.4's Siege of Orgrimmar being the last.

And I imagine 5.3 will be late May/early June, 5.4 in September, a potential 5.5 in December and expansion in April.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we get a special raid after SoO, maybe Sha of Pride is used on a different raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?