Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Secrets of the empire - very bad drop rate?

Anyone else has such a bad legendary thingy drop rates?
    I killed 5 LFR bosses total and 29 normal mode bosses total and i have a grand total of... FIVE those things, out of 20 needed?
    Is this shit intended or im just having a really bad RNG? 5/34 transfers to 15 percent drop rate on something you need 20 multiplies of.
    Kinda shitty gating if you ask me. Guildies have slightly better or even worse, ranges from 3 to 15.

Sure i could get more by doing LFR too but i just can't force myself to run that shit on a character that can't get any upgrades from it. Had enough of this on alt that's far far behind on wrathion questline.

You only get once chance per boss per week, regardless of difficulty, so if you clear normal, you cannot get any from LFR that week, and vice versa.

So your 5/34 is really 5/29, which does still suck. I've killed about as many as you and I'm at 8.

You can only get one per boss per week. For example. You do LFR Jin'rokh and get one, then you cannot get one from the same boss in normal or heroic. Same the other way around.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Anyone else has such a bad legendary thingy drop rates?
    I killed 5 LFR bosses total and 29 normal mode bosses total and i have a grand total of... FIVE those things, out of 20 needed?
    Is this shit intended or im just having a really bad RNG? 5/34 transfers to 15 percent drop rate on something you need 20 multiplies of.
    Kinda shitty gating if you ask me. Guildies have slightly better or even worse, ranges from 3 to 15.

Sure i could get more by doing LFR too but i just can't force myself to run that shit on a character that can't get any upgrades from it. Had enough of this on alt that's far far behind on wrathion questline.
    I've cleared normal mode 4 times on my paladin (will be our 4th lei-shen kill tomorrow), we're 3/13H, and my paladin has seen 3 of them. Three. One of our mages completely finished this step. I'm hating the ridiculously bad rng on this quest. So yes, I agree with you on how bad the drop rate is, but rng is rng.

Deleted
    Sitting on 12, and 11 bosses alive this ID. I avoid LFR before we clear ToT normal, which is basically the end of the week, because of progress.

I agree the drop rate is a little too low for what it is. Some will argue that it's a legendary quest so it should take that long, I don't think thats true at all. This is the 3rd grind stage of a legendary, and it is by far the longest and tedious for a legendary to date and it's not even a weapon. The Wisdoms/Powers felt like they were dropping at an acceptable rate, besides the fact that you could get them twice a week if you chose to do both normal and LFR. But even with a shared drop lock on LFR and Normal, they just far too infrequently. Maybe I wouldn't feel this way if we didn't have to cap 6 weeks of valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    You only get once chance per boss per week, regardless of difficulty, so if you clear normal, you cannot get any from LFR that week, and vice versa.

So your 5/34 is really 5/29, which does still suck. I've killed about as many as you and I'm at 8.
    If that's the case, what are the odds of me having zero after clearing each available LFR every week?

True story

Deleted
    Already done. You just need some luck.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathral2 View Post
    I've cleared normal mode 4 times on my paladin (will be our 4th lei-shen kill tomorrow), we're 3/13H, and my paladin has seen 3 of them. Three. One of our mages completely finished this step. I'm hating the ridiculously bad rng on this quest. So yes, I agree with you on how bad the drop rate is, but rng is rng.
    I decided to just check my other toons, and my monk/warlock who are basically limited to what LFR's have been out this tier, and they are both at 7 each. It's kinda fun watching this luck play out on my alt/main.

same number of kills yet only 6 for me , i know some peeps have 11 or more im just not lucky this patch !
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got a late start on this one because the original 10/10 strength/wisdom RNG screwed me for a while, just finished up the 6K VP step from 5.1 yesterday, killed the 119M HP NPC yesterday, and got my 2 BG wins this morning. I held off doing any ToT LFR bosses this week until I was properly on the chain and did the first section earlier today, and am at 0/3 so far.

I am looking forward to more shitty RNG to cock block me!

Stop thinking too much about it. You'd be killing bosses regardless right? Just think of the legendary as a cool bonus you'll eventually get.

killed every boss, every week (normal etc) not counting this week (1 so far) I'm at 5. With 6 bosses left this week I can in theory get to 12, some in my guild are at 18 before we've cleared... I really, REALLY don't like the RNG part of this thing. If it was ONE you needed then yes sure... but if 1 get then everyone should get... Stupid that it's so random that 2 players who've done the exact same thing don't get the same reward. Time invested = reward? Nope, not this time... ffs.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 02:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Stop thinking too much about it. You'd be killing bosses regardless right? Just think of the legendary as a cool bonus you'll eventually get.
    This tier the reward will be a ilvl 600 cloak and the meta head gem, the "legendary" you get in the end isn't known yet. Nobody knows if it's gonna be a weapon, trinket or what else they might think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasboz View Post
    Already done. You just need some luck.
    Well there's my problem.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

i have 7 having cleared 25man weekly. Our rogues are finished. RNG FTW

10+ Year Old Account
    There is 2 people finished so far in my guild and I am at 15/20 been clearing normal since the second week.

Think I'm at 24 chances with 11

Deleted
    Still i think this RNG is kinda too harsh and certainly not alt friendly at all.
    First RNG-y part of the quest was okay, the thingies dropped at a decent rate. Then there was 6000 valor point quest. Takes long, yes. But it's steady progression, no RNG here. You know when you're done with it. Then throne of thunder comes...and oh god. They used this shitty LFR-esque personal loot system to gate the rewards in guilds i think.

Thing is these rewards do add a lot of power to your character. gem socket, custom effect meta gem, ilvl 600 cloak etc, these are quite upgrades.

Been clearing it all since first week and sitting on 12 myself... Quite a few are done in the guild already. The annoying part is the fact that it's a personal thing.

I was on 13 2 weeks ago, from 27 kills (4+11+12), and it was the most in our guild. And then, last week, I've got 1 from the whole raid. And I have 4 bosses killed in this lockout currently, still no drop. So, 13 from 27 and then 1 from 16. Or even 24 vs. 19, because IIRC I go my 13th Secret from Animus.
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes