Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Actually it has, with the current system there isn't any guarantee that loot drops at that rate. It's all internal /rolls against a loot table, if nobody wins nobody wins. The converse is true as well, everyone can win on a single boss. Overall they have the drop chances set close to that 4/25, but the RNG factor means that it is in no way 4/25 per boss.
    And when you factor in the millions that run LFR, that chance closely approaches 4/25.

If the chance isn't 4/25 on average, what are you suggesting it is? Beacuse Blizzard haven't changed it since DS with the exception on 5.0LFR chance doubling.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Rng is a bitch, drops are fine. I got 3 items off 6 bosses today.

Quote Originally Posted by flingan View Post
    I think there is an topic about that from blizz, they saying the LFR isnt a way to gear up , just to be a part of the end content. So trying to get gear fast in LFR , isnt the best way. I was doing the boss Shek zeer for the mace, first the 20th time i got the mace, and was using 20 coins for the bonus. Some ppl have more luck then others. SO try to find the topic from blizz , you will find the answers =) Good Luck
    LFR was supposed to be just as much a teaching/gearing avenue as it is one to see the content. That's the entire premise behind them even releasing it in the first place. People claiming that it's just so "bads can see content" really don't pay much attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Here's part of the problem imo:

They based the drop chance of about 15% on what they figured your chance to receive loot was in a standard raid setting. X number of bosses, Y pieces of loot each, and Z number of raid members to get approx drop rates per person. However, they failed to take into account I believe, that as people get geared up the chance per person gets better, as fewer people need the loot. In the old system you only rolled against a few other classes, and at some point most of them would already have the piece, making your shot at something much much better.

I'm stuck on my shaman 1 or 2 points shy of moving up to the next raid tier, and it's been this way for weeks. Several bosses potentially drop upgrades that might boost me that couple of points, and week after week none of them drop anything except gold. Hell, the abundance of tokens was supposed to be a big help, and yet here I am getting double the amount of gold week after week no matter how many tokens I spend. It sucks when RNG locks you out of enjoying the content that everyone else has moved on to.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 06:34 PM ----------

My fear with the 5.3 change is that the increased chance to get loot for each time you DON'T get loot, may well be a complete waste. Say you need bracer, gloves, and boots. You loot boss and get none of them, which increases your chance to get loot on the bosses that you need nothing from. If you loot something off one of those bosses with no upgrades, it resets the loot chance, meaning you may be stuck back at your crappy basic chance again for the next boss that does have an upgrade. If you get a streak of bad rolls and start coming "due" for a win, you're going to do whatever you can to avoid the bosses that drop no upgrades for you.

Now if the increased chance for loot for each non loot roll only applied to the charms, then you could give yourself a much needed RNG boost where it counts. Or, how about a system where you can spend multiple coins, with each upping your chance by another 10%? Let me spend 9 coins on one roll to up my chance by 90% to get loot on the boss that has the upgrade I really need (still might not get the drop off his list that I wanted if he has multiple things I can use, but at least I'd feel better knowing that it wasn't a slim chance at loot and THEN a chance to get the thing I needed on top of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    33 bosses and one item does sound a little bit out of the norm,
    The chance of it happening is about 2.3% (if the chance of a drop if 15%).

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    LFR was supposed to be just as much a teaching/gearing avenue as it is one to see the content. That's the entire premise behind them even releasing it in the first place. People claiming that it's just so "bads can see content" really don't pay much attention.
    It's primarily for people who don't want to do organized raids. Teaching is at best a secondary purpose.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    It was 4/25 for DS and it hasn't changed.
    So, not based on actaul stats then? Just the assumption that the expected value of loot in a group is still 4?

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

Actually it has, with the current system there isn't any guarantee that loot drops at that rate. It's all internal /rolls against a loot table, if nobody wins nobody wins. The converse is true as well, everyone can win on a single boss. Overall they have the drop chances set close to that 4/25, but the RNG factor means that it is in no way 4/25 per boss.
    You can have the expected value (average) be 4 loot drops per boss, even if the number of loots that drop from each boss is no longer constant like it was in Dragon Soul. A 16% drop chance would mean each and every downed boss would drop an average of four pieces of loot (not counting coins).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    So, not based on actaul stats then? Just the assumption that the expected value of loot in a group is still 4?
    Only Blizzard have the actual stats of the loot percentage from every LFR ever, and things like the WoWhead client has nowhere near enough data to make a solid loot chance claim.

Actual stats go out the window, especially with "bad luck" noise on the forums and no "good luck" noise. I got two bits of loot from the first four bosses of Normal MSV the other day, but no-one cares about that, people only care about getting the loot chance percantage buffed.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

You want to see BS... Guildie levels fresh monk today to 90... Look at this dudes luck... meanwhile I wasted 5 coins on Sha for 2 hander never saw it....http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ck/Skyley/feed

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    You want to see BS... Guildie levels fresh monk today to 90... Look at this dudes luck... meanwhile I wasted 5 coins on Sha for 2 hander never saw it....http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ck/Skyley/feed
    [tinfoilhat]
    I have a theory that characters which never enter real raids have a significantly increased chance of loot in LFR. That's what I've seen happen on some alts of mine, and what I've seen happen on friends' characters.
    [/tinfoilhat]

Could just be RNG though.

It was 4/25 for DS and it hasn't changed.
    But doesnt a normal 25 man raid drop 6 items per boss?

You are just unlucky. And there is a fix coming for that.

with 4 different characters I've killed total 50bosses this week got only one loot actually I haven't got even one loot from ToT lfr overall so sounds bit weird..

RNG is RNG, do we really need a new thread about this every other day?
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Actual stats go out the window, especially with "bad luck" noise on the forums and no "good luck" noise. I got two bits of loot from the first four bosses of Normal MSV the other day, but no-one cares about that, people only care about getting the loot chance percantage buffed.
    Actual stats don't "go out the window" because actual stats don't look at individual cases, not with any competent statistician anyway. I'm not sure how LFR drop rates are reflected in Wowhead as I've never looked, but their sample sizes for most drop rates are perfectly adequate. I guess it would be impossible to tell for LFR though since Wowhead only lists by item. Anyway if your guess isn't based on any real statistics then it's not meaningful. It's just a guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Anyway if your guess isn't based on any real statistics then it's not meaningful.
    OK: My guess is based on what Blizzard set the drop rates at, and it's 16%.

How is that not meaningful?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Mongl View Post
    Is it just me or is the drop rate in LFR ToT a bit too low?

I have 2 lvl 90 characters and between them I've killed 33 bosses. I have looted one item. (I don't use my bonus rolls because I prefer to use them in Normal difficulty).

Am I just really unlucky or is this normal? If this is normal, do others think that the drop rate could be tweaked a smidge? It's a lot of time to put into the game to get nothing but aggro from the "community" that tends to hang out in there and very few gear upgrades.

Obviously I'm not asking it to be changed to 50% but something nearer 10-15% might be more realistic?
    I haven't really played WoW for over a month now but I logged in just to see the raid once. I queued for LFR, did one boss and got a drop.

At the start of MoP I got 7 epics from LFR in one week (9 bosses).

Are LFR droprates too high?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    RNG is RNG, do we really need a new thread about this every other day?
    No kidding, surprised these threads aren't locked by now.

At least it's not as bad as the battle.net Raids&Dungeons forum where every other thread is about LFR loot.

Quote Originally Posted by flingan View Post
    I think there is an topic about that from blizz, they saying the LFR isnt a way to gear up , just to be a part of the end content.
    well if that's case blizz why require the new raid be over 500 ilv for anything past jinko the god breaker with out offering something else to gear up say new heriocs with 494 gear. and not making some of the older items cost JP isn't helping ether SO ETHER INCREASE THE DROP CHANCE AND MAKE IT EASER TO GET THE 502'S OR NERF up to the first 4 bosses jinko doesnt need it but horridain is way to gear dependent for your current loot system norm.

What they really need to fix is something to lower the drop rate of gear you've already gotten. I've seen the same weapon drop off Sha 8 times and several other pieces with the same results. It seems certain items drop all the time yet others never drop. At least in my experience if I use a bonus roll I'm more likely to just get another item I've drop multiple times. Some may say this is fine, yet it sucks when you never after many months can get items you need.