Deleted

New Computer Opinions wuld be awsome

Its time i get a new computer and as always im building my own since i dont need (or want) Windows 8 and new keyboard mouse since it only adds to the price when i alredy have those things and prefer Win7.

so here i am asking what you other ppl think of this build

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Premium
    Main: Samsung SSD Pro Basic 840-Series 128GB
    Secondary: 500GB WD VelociRaptor
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K 3,5Ghz (Ivy Bridge)
    Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i
    Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB SC (starting out with one can get more latter on)
    Power: Corsair AX 1200W 80+ Gold Modular
    Burner/reader: DVD±RW Samsung 24X DL Black
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D Svart
    Memory: Corsair 16GB (2x8192MB) CL9 1600Mhz DOMINATOR PLATINUM (not really sure about these so any opinions are welcome.) .

Total amount comes to 26603sek or 3163 Euro wich is just around what i can spend

Really need to get a new one since my old one culd die any moment its only 5 years old but using a 12 year old HDD atm and it is not happy anymore so tell me what you think. as long as things are within the amount of money i can use then any thing pretty much goes (dont need a bigger secondary tho since ive got 46 tb of external space ^^ ).

and also sry for my poor spelling and stuff ive got dyslexia and i manage to get my point out most of the time .

i need alot of power since i game alot and need to do alot of stuff at the same time and i do some minor editing and stuff hen i can for funs

edit: yes i play 3 games at the same time and my main monitor is allready a big screen 42¨LED (tho its actually a tv)
    Last edited by mmocbf136dc662; 2013-04-08 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 500gb Velociraptor is a waste of money. Just get a Blue. You already have an SSD.
    I feel like the 3770K is overkill. Minor editing really does not warrant that.
    The 1200w is definitely overkill. Even dual Titans wont break 700w.

What exactly do you play that would warrant a single, let alone dual titans? A single one will max out pretty much any game as it is. Outside of "Minor editing" which a 3570K will handle just fine, a lot of that hardware is just wasted money.

I understand you can afford that stuff, but that's not a very good reason to spend it. I can probably build a system that costs half of what you have listed above, and maintains at least 90% of the performance.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    well the editing part is not something i do all time since i mostly game but i do alot of things at the same time for example playing a SC 2 match while also playing Crysis 3 and making gold in WoW while at the same time listening to music and having around 10 pages open on the internet and running my TS3 server while also keeping a track of alot of other more personal things via for example Facebook or things in that direction.

The Editing is as i said not some thing i do often but when i do it its never a small thing we are talking maybe 45 min vids that i need to edit etc and i also prefer to be as preperade for the next wave in the graphics war :P tho a second Titan wont be in my rig for some time

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if you still do all those things, the velociraptor and 1200w Gold PSU are throwing money away. With the money you're spending, the 3770K and 16gb of ram aren't a big deal really.

Do you seriously have WoW, SC2, and Crysis 3 open at the same time, legitimately? How many screens do you have? It... I don't want to flame, but it just seems unlikely that you're "playing 3 games at the same time". Sure, I'll play SC2 while waiting for LFR queue... But not actually 'playing'.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    The only thing that is a total joke in that build is the HDD. There is nothing in your needs that you would gain from a single Velociraptor as your data drive instead of a cheaper or equivalently priced larger HDD. A Velociraptor would make sense if you had other larger capacity drives and wanted just a dedicated recording drive or if you were to combine multiple raptor drives in a RAID configuration.

3770k is not necessary unless you do heavy video or photoediting or run several virtual machines or compile large applications frequently, or run scientific computation apps etc. Even an old dual core machine could easily do everything you describe, except Crysis 3, because none of it is multiprocessor intensive. You just need sufficient single processor performance and that is present in the 3570k in spades. That said, there's no reason NOT to get the 3770k if you really, really want to.

The 1.2k PSU is total overkill unless you are going to add many more GPUs AND hard drives. However, there may be other reasons you went for that PSU, such as the cabling or efficiency, so its not a huge deal and doesn't add that much to the price, again if you really want it.

The Corsair 800D is one of the most expensive cases and its better for watercooling than aircooling, by the way. If you have no specific size or cooling requirements for that motherboard or the look of the case, you should be able to find excellent cases for much better prices.

Lastly, just make sure you only buy memory from the motherboard's Approved Memory List on the manufacturer's website.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-08 at 07:02 AM.

Deleted
    You just put in the most expensive parts you could find I guess. Although I can understand wanting stuff like a 3770k and a GTX TITAN, but a 1200W PSU, a 400$ Asus P8Z77-V Premium motherboard, the most expensive useless secondary drive?

Please do me a favour and save money and upgrade once again down the road with the money you saved.

I would do it like that:

Intel Core i7-3930K, 6x 3.20GH
    ASRock X79 Extreme4, X79
    Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DIMM Kit 16GB PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-24, low profile (DDR3-1600)
    be quiet! Straight Power E9 500W ATX 2.3
    GeForce GTX Titan, 6GB GDDR5
    Western Digital Caviar Green 3000GB, SATA 6Gb/s
    Samsung SSD Pro Basic 840-Series 128GB
    EKL Alpenföhn Matterhorn Pure

Something like that. You gonna save 1000$ and can buy a good 2560x1400 30inch monitor or you spend it in 2 years upgrading.

PS since you are living in europe you don't need 1200W power supply. 500W is more than plenty. Even if you run crysis 3 500 times on your computer it won't take more power
    Last edited by mmoc5405551c01; 2013-04-08 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Lastly, just make sure you only buy memory from the motherboard's Approved Memory List from the manufacturer's website.
    Eh, I wouldn't say that. That's only what they have tested. In the few thousand systems I've built, I've only run across 3-4 situations of incompatible ram.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't say that. That's only what they have tested. In the few thousand systems I've built, I've only run across 3-4 situations of incompatible ram.
    Yeah, but most of the time, especially for the people who have to ask basic build questions, it is most certainly not worth the trouble.

Memory is probably the single most critical factor to a machine's stability (other than temperature) and it is the kind of thing you only discover after a while when it comes back to bite you and when you typically have no idea what is going on. It is worth getting it right first.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-08 at 07:01 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Even if you still do all those things, the velociraptor and 1200w Gold PSU are throwing money away. With the money you're spending, the 3770K and 16gb of ram aren't a big deal really.

Do you seriously have WoW, SC2, and Crysis 3 open at the same time, legitimately? How many screens do you have? It... I don't want to flame, but it just seems unlikely that you're "playing 3 games at the same time". Sure, I'll play SC2 while waiting for LFR queue... But not actually 'playing'.
    Well i sometimes keep wow on background+alot tabs in firefox when i play bf3, and i can play both on ultra without lag. (i7 2600k + 6950 2gb+8gb ram which is running pretty high during this.) :P

I run two games sametime, just because i can!

Deleted
    The Secondary i chose becuse it was cheap for me where i buy my stuff and the PSU is on sale and it had good reviews by the computer magazine i subscribe to and 2 of my friends use it also but the motherboard picked it mostly due to the speed since i mostly use external drives for music movies and all my other stuff a bigger secondary also felt a bit overkill alredy have 46 tb external storage so why not just buy a Raptor when its cheap ?

also thx for your opinions keep em coming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post
    Well i sometimes keep wow on background+alot tabs in firefox when i play bf3, and i can play both on ultra without lag. (i7 2600k + 6950 2gb+8gb ram which is running pretty high during this.) :P

So you're going to buy a 3 grand computer

So you can run two games

Because you can.

Seems like the biggest waste of money ever.

I don't mean to flame. Just 2x titans is absurd to me.
    Last edited by Killora; 2013-04-08 at 07:41 AM.

Deleted
    i didnt say i was going to buy 2x titans now im buying just 1 atm just noted that i can get more of them later for SLI i never said i wuld do that tho (at some point yes i will but not now if i did it wuld be way more then 3k).

and no its not just for running 2 games im just stating that i do alot of stuff at the same time so i need alot of omp for my computer since its not just games but also programs that do take quite alot and if im doing 4-5 things at the same time that requires alot of power (not electricity). and i just wanted to know if there are any other parts u guys prefer or if you use any of them your self and what you think about it.

but yes at this point in time 2 titans are overkill but im only getting 1.

thx for all the answers so far.

Edit: shuld probly add that i do stream also wich depending on what your streaming and what your streaming with can require alot to get good quality and acceptable FPS
    Last edited by mmocbf136dc662; 2013-04-08 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i do alot of stuff at the same time so i need alot of omp for my computer since its not just games but also programs that do take quite alot and if im doing 4-5 things at the same time that requires alot of power
    The thing is, you aren't TELLING us what things you do. Without that information, we can't accurately give you an idea.

I run WoW pretty much 24/7, either waiting for queues or rp'ing or whatever. Sometimes doing nothing at all. In addition to that, I run 1-2 minecraft servers, and play either Deadspace or SC2 or Diablo. I also have anywhere from 10-20 net tabs open, a few chat programs, a tv show, and a few other odds and ends, including running VMs. My system cost about $1100. Yours will run about $3100. I do all those things absolutely fine, and the only thing yours would have an edge on is streaming, and playing Crysis 3. That edge is only made up by the 3770 and ram, which I could have gotten for an extra $150.

"Doing other stuff" doesn't mean much without specifics, and... seriously. Is it worth spending $2000 extra because you 'say' you play 3 games at once, while streaming, while 'doing other stuff'?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    So you're going to buy a 3 grand computer

So you can run two games

Because you can.

Seems like the biggest waste of money ever.

I don't mean to flame. Just 2x titans is absurd to me.
    I agree even one titan is overkill, but my computer was around 900euros 1,5years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    be quiet! Straight Power E9 500W ATX 2.3
    While the rest of your build is fine, OP wants to SLI so he should be going for much more than 500W. The Titan seems to consume slightly more than the 7970, so he'd need 750-850W for SLI.

Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post

Well I've 10 boxed WoW in a tiny window to prove a point, played WoW with SC2 minimized and played Borderlands with WoW minimized on a T9400/9600M GT rig with 4GB RAM. With the way programs and Windows are optimized for background programs, you really don't need much power to multibox, unless they're not minimized and running at full resolution at high settings.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-04-08 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spend your money elsewhere man, I agree with everyone here... I can't decipher if this is a legit post full of legit questions
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II