Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

SV hunter : fervor vs DB

Hey, I was wondering, currently I use fervor as survival, reforging haste over mastery.

I know there isn't a real haste plateaus for DB (just 50% chance to get 1 extra attack).

But now we got some decent haste amount is there an another "fake cap" after 3065 ?

Because on a 6 min fight you are using DB like 12-13 time, which would result in 6 extra attack.

Is there any way that Dire beast could be better than fervor?

EDIT : When I FD'it, I find a dps loss of 7k ! can't understand why..

Vitalic.
    Last edited by mmoca430de6a64; 2013-04-07 at 04:20 PM.

I'm more or less certain that there are no haste plateaus with Dire Beast. If you have 50% of the haste you would need to get the extra attack, the beast will get the extra attack 50% of the time so it scale smoothly with haste. I'm pretty sure GC mentioned this during MoP beta can anyone confirm?

As far as I know Dire Beast is better when simed but since the advent of the RPPM system for trinkets with these insane agi procs, it's possible that Fervor could give more burst if you're lucky and line it up with them?

The problem with simming with Fervor is because it's used off cooldown mainly.. From my experience, you can get so much more from Fervor, if used correctly, than with Dire Beast..

Deleted
    Yea I find fervor totaly awesome !

I also think Fervor is just amazing. I was using Toth like a noobe and enjoy my switch. However, I've macro'd it into my AMoC and BA. I did this to replenish my most focus draining abilities. Unfortunately, if the skill is just a small amount not available and I hit my macro, it will cause Fervor to go off and I have to repress the macro to send AMoC or BA off. This can cause me to over cap, or worse, completely waste my fervor. I simply macro'd it in to make it easier while binding it to my naga #6 key. Would anyone recommend I simply unmacro and use it as it's own button? This is what i'm realizing is best as I type this. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used DB for a long time and switched to Fervor weeks ago. Love it. It's not just coupling it with AMOC etc but if I hit an extra Arcane and leave myself a bit low on focus and something like Black Arrow comes off CD, I can hit Fervor and I'm good to go. The ability to, on demand, restore focus is awesome.

Deleted
    No i tested some way to maccro fervor too, but no one was working, just do it manually

15+ Year Old Account
    Fervor just seems better for me, even if it was a slight dps loss it helps so much. Especially for use after motc.

So I was doing some dummy testing yesterday...

And I actually found Dire beast to be better on Single Target fights if you have the 2pc... I was seeing myself throwing more Cobras while using Dire Beast, than when using Fervor, and that resulted in more 2pc proccs and gave me higher DPS.

As always RNG is RNG, small sample size is small etc.

It was 5 min fights (use CD *readiness* use CD's) and then done when readiness was up again.

But as always, your talent choice heavily depends on the fight and your playstyle.

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 07:50 AM ----------

Btw, it was an approx. 4-5k increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai View Post
    So I was doing some dummy testing yesterday...

And I actually found Dire beast to be better on Single Target fights if you have the 2pc... I was seeing myself throwing more Cobras while using Dire Beast, than when using Fervor, and that resulted in more 2pc proccs and gave me higher DPS.

As always RNG is RNG, small sample size is small etc.

It was 5 min fights (use CD *readiness* use CD's) and then done when readiness was up again.

But as always, your talent choice heavily depends on the fight and your playstyle.

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 07:50 AM ----------

Btw, it was an approx. 4-5k increase.
    The way RPPM works, it shouldn't matter that you casted more cobra shots.

Fervor is also extremely helpful for AOE. I use it for almost everything as SV.

Fervor is only better than DB at higher gear levels. I would recommend going fervor around 505-510. Also I macro my Fervor to GT. So it casts GT then Fervor. So I know that every other GT I will have Fervor up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeanrunbak View Post
    I macro my Fervor to GT. So it casts GT then Fervor. So I know that every other GT I will have Fervor up.

That sounds like a massive focus waste

Quote Originally Posted by Gastoz View Post
    It could work okay, if Wipeanrunbak is someone who keeps their focus very low most of the time.

Personally, I prefer Fervor and using it manually for SV (Dire Beast still for BM -- Fervor is too much focus in one go for BM). Once 5.3 hits, I may experiment with TotH and Blink Strikes just to drops tons of keybinds, though (especially as the biggest reason I went Fervor, initially, was for AMoC).

For BM you also have to keep in mind that fervor gives the pet focus, which increases wild hunt uptime.

With regards to the 2pc, the frequency shouldn't improve based on how many cobras you cast as long as you cast one every 10 sec. If you aren't casting one every 10 sec then the frequency does come into account, since the time since last chance to proc part of the formula caps at 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastoz View Post
    I just constantly keep track of my focus like all hunters should and when I know I have fervor coming up I can go ahead and focus dump with arcane (unless BA/ES is coming up). I never hit focus cap unless I just happen to proc LnL right after fervor. I also always have focus for BA,ES. It is very efficient. And what I said about Fervor being better than DB is true for SV(sorry forgot to mention that)

Fervor is only better than DB at higher gear levels. I would recommend going fervor around 505-510. Also I macro my Fervor to GT. So it casts GT then Fervor. So I know that every other GT I will have Fervor up.
    ?????????????

You wot m8?

You are wasting a lot of focus if you do that, not to mention it might not always be used on CD. NEVER EVER Macro Fervor to any other shot, use it individually always, you are most likely to waste focus thus wasting the CD. If you don't want to get another keybind, use TotH and suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    ?????????????

You wot m8?

You are wasting a lot of focus if you do that, not to mention it might not always be used on CD. NEVER EVER Macro Fervor to any other shot, use it individually always, you are most likely to waste focus thus wasting the CD. If you don't want to get another keybind, use TotH and suck it up.
    Um see post #16 If you are a hunter that's worth his salt then you know how to properly manage your focus. My fervor is ALWAYS used on CD. By you clicking on it separately you take a split second to think if you should use it or not. Which is wasted time. By macroing it to GT which cost only 15 focus I can anticipate when fervor is coming so I can manage my focus accordingly thus never hitting focus cap and always having the focus I need for BA/ES. Below is the macro I use it works very well for me.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=3 Glaive Toss, Fervor

PS. I guess I will just have to agree to disagree
    Last edited by Wipeanrunbak; 2013-04-18 at 09:21 PM.

Um see post #16 If you are a hunter that's worth his salt then you know how to properly manage your focus. My fervor is ALWAYS used on CD. By you clicking on it separately you take a split second to think if you should use it or not. Which is wasted time. By macroing it to GT which cost only 15 focus I can anticipate when fervor is coming so I can manage my focus accordingly thus never hitting focus cap and always having the focus I need for BA/ES. Below is the macro I use it works very well for me.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=3 Glaive Toss, Fervor

PS. I guess I will just have to agree to disagree
    There are times when you are focus capped or near it due to Hero/RF/Fight start, this is where the issue comes in. Micro-managing always beats macroing it into other shots.

well I'm sorry you hit focus cap during hero and such. I don't when in doubt spam arcane no excuse to ever hit cap unless you pop fervor and lnl procs then your only capped until you can spam out your ES then back to normal rotation. You probably cast to many cobras during hero I pretty much spam arcane b/c of the increased focus regen. and your reasoning to say I'm wrong is for what 10% of the entire fight length?