Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone already said it. Disregard this

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    There's a few issues with them compared to WotLK. They're gated behind dailies for one thing. For another different slots are gated behind different dailies. It's all just really obnoxious.
    Someone hasn't played much 5.2, apparently. Also, it really didn't take much time commitment to get to revered for the original selection of rep factions. While inconvenient and annoying, yes, it's disproportionately complained about, IMO.

But anyway, the Shado-Pan Assault rep rate from killing bosses is fast enough that you won't ever feel like you're waiting for your rep. Each new rank of reputation unlocks two to three pieces of valor gear, and you'll always have the valor to get a new piece if you cap each week as if there were no rep requirements. It only really gates the order you get each piece. Plus, once you hit exalted, the shoulders cost gold rather than valor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

whats worse ... beeing struck with noobs that don't even manage to kill the boss for 4 times, your gear gets red and you have to pay way more gold to repair then the 28g that you get

Deleted
    You do realize when you have iLvl high enough to enter ToT you can kill every boss in there? So you don't need loot, it's just bonus... which will eventually come by drops or coins. And if you are that unlucky you can buy it from Shado-pan assault for Valor...

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm. A couple dozen LFR Spirit Kings kills, and most of the time I get the god damn shoulders on my coin.
    Still using blue quality shield, soon killing Lei Shen.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top the meters and win 28g.

Quote Originally Posted by joruu View Post
    Dang, you got me there. It totally about that biiiig postcount, and nothing about it being a popular internet anti-joke to third world problems asked in forums.

Also, I dont think the topic is shit, I just don't think its very constructive. But I can agree with OP on the general question in hand. Less then 28g is worse, yes.
    Then just reply with the quote: First world problems or actually post that picture of the crying woman etc... Saying what you said is really ignorant. I'm sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worse than getting 28g would be getting in a bad group, wiping a lot and having a 150g+ repair bill.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Top the meters and win 28g.
    Would not be a bad idea that loot would be gained only if you were actually participating... And with that I mean "activity". Not everyone can be up there on the meters. But even a monkey can press buttons as fast as possible. So since in an ideal world 25 people would make 4% activity for everyone - I'd say everyone that is lower then 3% except healers (need to find another thing for those really) won't get any loot or valor from bosses. Another exception would be dead people. I am not saying my suggestion should make the boards of Blizzard. Perhaps it won't work. Pretty sure actually it won't. But I am rather sick of people doing nothing in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    But I am rather sick of people doing nothing in LFR.
    I agree with this, since if they're not trying at all (e.g auto-attack consists of over 70% of their damage) that's basically one less DPS/healer for the fight which reduces chances (or speed) of victory.
    Now I have changed my mind. What's worse than getting 28g from LFR is seeing someone afk in a fight and win loot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Agree.
    People and thier "push button get loot" mentality is a joke. Sometimes i wonder how all these cry babies manage to deal with the real world?
    Likely they deal in a similar manner. Leeching on welfare and parents and whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    People complaining about not getting loot in LFR is much worse than not getting loot.
    yep i second that notion. RNG is RNG. Some have really awesome some have really shitty. I'll give you an example

Our core rogue did not get his sha-touched weapon OR any MSV/HF daggers. He was using the Christmas holiday daggers up until patch 5.2 came out. He used two coins weekly in LFR on the same boss and we cleared normal every week as well. No daggers since the raids came available. Last week though we had stupid awesome luck. In our 10man group we got 6 or 7 Thunderforged item drops (and about 5 or 6 items from trash mobs...most were DE'D) and from the heroic jinrok 3 people also got loot. There are bad weeks and there are epic weeks. Honestly I wish people stopped creating threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    And when there were 15, you had a much lesser chance. The fact that you had a higher chance when you got lucky is contingent on the low probability of being in a small sub-group. The fact that you don't take this small probability into account is the misunderstanding of probability.
    And you still make no sense. In time, more and more people HAD tokens, which means the overall chances of the competition for given slot was lower over time and your chances to win were higher. if at the beginning all people in raid wanted tokens, while later only half wanted them, chance to win is higher by default, new system doesnt care if others got the loot or not, your chances to get it are same.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Dear blizzard,

Please fix lfr, so that bosses scan our gear and drop exactly what we need.

That way in 2 weeks, when there's no reason to run lfr anymore, we can sit and complain about long queue times.

Sincerely,
    the community.
    Seems that's the general idea.
    I do like the change with you getting a higher chance for each time you're unlucky, though.
    Shame it can't work in normal/HC with the way it works now, and i actually like loot-distribution as it is there.
    Wonder if it will work for coins in normal raids. I hope so. Then i can gamble on my bad luck ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    People complaining about not getting loot in LFR is much worse then not getting loot.
    indeed.
    Would not be a bad idea that loot would be gained only if you were actually participating... And with that I mean "activity". Not everyone can be up there on the meters. But even a monkey can press buttons as fast as possible. So since in an ideal world 25 people would make 4% activity for everyone - I'd say everyone that is lower then 3% except healers (need to find another thing for those really) won't get any loot or valor from bosses. Another exception would be dead people. I am not saying my suggestion should make the boards of Blizzard. Perhaps it won't work. Pretty sure actually it won't. But I am rather sick of people doing nothing in LFR.
    I allready now see people plainly dying, take combat-res just to die as fast as possible, to avoid having to work at all.
    I guess it's impossible to avoid a leecher if they want to leech.
    I were in a lfr-group some weeks ago, with a highly geared group (HC ToT-raiders), getting their friends in. I had no chance in hell with my normal gear, to reach more than 2% done as dps (usually tank so my gear is somewhat lackluster as dps)
    It's not a normal case, but if your system worked for that i couldn't get loot at all in that, because of low activity, even though i'm ususally in a good position dps-wise in lfr <.<
    Also, birdy in lfr have some people not doing much damage. Just saving the entire raid, from wipe.

I'm pretty sure that if there were some simple, foolproof way to make sure to only punish afk'ers they would implement it.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I dont mind gearing up using valor... just wish i didnt have to be rng depended to get my Tier gear...
    There is a possibility that i would never see a single piece, and that just demotivates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    I allready now see people plainly dying, take combat-res just to die as fast as possible, to avoid having to work at all.
    I guess it's impossible to avoid a leecher if they want to leech.
    I were in a lfr-group some weeks ago, with a highly geared group (HC ToT-raiders), getting their friends in. I had no chance in hell with my normal gear, to reach more than 2% done as dps (usually tank so my gear is somewhat lackluster as dps)
    It's not a normal case, but if your system worked for that i couldn't get loot at all in that, because of low activity, even though i'm ususally in a good position dps-wise in lfr <.<
    Also, birdy in lfr have some people not doing much damage. Just saving the entire raid, from wipe.

I'm pretty sure that if there were some simple, foolproof way to make sure to only punish afk'ers they would implement it.
    Mate activity does not mean DPS. Activity means that you (even though you dps'd less) would have an equal amount of activity to those heroic geared raiders. You still pressed your buttons didn't you? And you tried hard right? Well trying hard = pushing buttons. Moving around is not counted as an activity and auto attacking is not acount as an activity - so by my example (which I already said, probably won't work so I am not convincing anyone here) you would still be able to get loot.

And yes trying to die as fast as possible. Well if we have people in the raid that can look out for that (it happens now aswell), they can be kicked the moment they defeat the boss or when there is a wipe. Still it is not a good thing when it is the last boss.
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-04-08 at 02:00 PM.

Wiping in lfr is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Agree.
    People and thier "push button get loot" mentality is a joke. Sometimes i wonder how all these cry babies manage to deal with the real world?
    78 rolls to get a sha weapon off LFR ... started to drive me more crazy than people complaining about it.

But then - I got the sha weapon off normal with 2 rolls.

Much better than the other way round

Mate activity does not mean DPS. Activity means that you (even though you dps'd less) would have an equal amount of activity to those heroic geared raiders. You still pressed your buttons didn't you? And you tried hard right? Well trying hard = pushing buttons. Moving around is not counted as an activity and auto attacking is not acount as an activity - so by my example (which I already said, probably won't work so I am not convincing anyone here) you would still be able to get loot.

And yes trying to die as fast as possible. Well if we have people in the raid that can look out for that (it happens now aswell), they can be kicked the moment they defeat the boss or when there is a wipe. Still it is not a good thing when it is the last boss.
    Oh. My bad then <.<
    And yeah. I did try. I felt like a fool doing 1/4th of some of those people XD
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Baergrillz View Post
    Wiping in lfr is worse.
    Nah - you get to wipe as many times as you want in a week, you only get to roll a limited number of times on that phat loot