Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I use recount, deadlybossmods, raven, titan panel and CTmod - i never had this issue with stampede.

If you got a good internet con, just uninstall wow and redownload it in a few hours, or over night.

If you got a good internet con, just uninstall wow and redownload it in a few hours, or over night.
    yeah, tell that to all ppl who do not play hunters and have this lag issue

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    5.2 drops, I run addonless, Jinrohk, pop cooldowns and stampede, frozen for at least 15 seconds of not being able to see what's happening at all. I was running with addons at first and eventually dropped all addons to see if any addons were actually causing it, which I did not see.

Lots of Openraid groups yell at hunters to stop using AmoC because lag (when there are 3+ in a group), any issues with that?
    Maybe it's due to an addon in a proximity of you that someone else has somehow? idk, I've never once had this happen. Did the Stampede lag start with 5.2 or did it happen before?

Never had "much" lag with the opening+Bloodlust prior to 5.2, I would probably drop from like 40 fps to about 20-25 during the opener. After 5.2 it became unbearable, like between 0-1 fps for a good 10-15 seconds.

I main a Hunter and I've got easily over 20 addons and I've never lagged with Stampede through all of 16/16H T14 and 9/13H T15.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't need to be meters. Anything that parses the combat log, grid, vuhdo, dot timers, boss mods, etc. Try disabling your combat log completely and see if it continues though some addons will break.

I run plenty of add-ons, and recount is one of them. I've never had Stampede Lag issues prior to 5.2.

Suddenly, after 5.2 hits, Stampede Lag has been getting worse, and worse, and worse. On Ji-Kun, it reached it's pinnacle. My screen looked just like the video someone else posted in here. How did I make it INSTANTLY stop? /recount pause .

It's absolutely, positively, the way combat log reading add-ons are functioning with other add-ons.

What I can't answer is why I have this problem now, when the first 4 weeks of Throne of Thunder, I did not.

Ok so for all those people saying that it is a recount/skada issue. Answer this I use recount and the only time I have stampede lag is on Ji-kun. Every other boss is fine. So if recount is running on every boss fight why is it only effecting me on that one boss.
    Last edited by Wipeanrunbak; 2013-04-07 at 11:44 PM.

This is NOT an addon issue... its a bug with the spell design itself that doesn't interact with specific encounter triggers properly..

Which is sha of fears specific dread phase...... ji-kun ....

This is not hunter specific..or addon specific. EVERYONE in the raid experiences the lag if it occurs (usually does, but it does sometimes rarely not happen on ji-kun ...

If anyone follows top guilds, Back in 5.0 when Vodka first started sha of fear heroic.. they lagged EVERY SINGLE TIME a hunter stampeded during dread expanse phase.. this bug has persisted for 7 months and isn't fixed. Addons will not remedy this as it's been proven to happen with ZERO addons and every one in the raid experiences the slide show
    Last edited by Sydarm; 2013-04-08 at 06:39 AM.

I also had no problems with Sha of Fear and Stampede before 5.2. Ji'kun and Lei Shen have shown issues with Stampede for other raid members using Recount, and myself when I used to run meters. Now, our raid leader requires people to turn off their Recount addons before either of these fights, and we've had no issues. Skada, for us at least, has not resulted in the same lag issues. It doesn't seem to be the same for everyone, which makes this issue all the more puzzling.

Now, because someone is usually running logs, I tend to disable all damage meters during fights and just do forensics instead of real-time viewing.

I may reinstall today to see if that has any effect. Recently, my attack speed buff has been randomly disappearing, and I've been suspecting game database corruption for some time. A reinstall should hopefully fix that issue as well.

It's defenitely not an addon issue. It's an issue with Stampeded using so up so much memory for some reason that your game freezes out. You can nullify the effect slightly by turning off addons because it lowers you memory issue. But it's not just addons causing it.

Deleted
    Nothing new. He also blames addons for "compactraidframe" bugs. They are caused by horrendous code quality of blizzard ui.

I run recount, and I'd say once in every 10 times I use stampede I get the lag. It locks my screen up completely and I can't do anything for about 10 seconds or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    It's defenitely not an addon issue. It's an issue with Stampeded using so up so much memory for some reason that your game freezes out. You can nullify the effect slightly by turning off addons because it lowers you memory issue. But it's not just addons causing it.
    But most of our raiders have 8GB and 16GB worth of memory. The game doesn't require anywhere near that amount. I can't imagine stampede causing GBs worth of instantaneous memory consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    But most of our raiders have 8GB and 16GB worth of memory. The game doesn't require anywhere near that amount. I can't imagine stampede causing GBs worth of instantaneous memory consumption.
    Thanks for showing your knowledge of how memory works inside programs.

I only get lagged by it like 5% of the time... but it has happened to me when I have had 0 addons on.. so explain that GC. It seems to happen to different people, at different times and is not consistent AT ALL. They should just do everyone a favour and remove stampede and give hunters another fun ability to compensate.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

I'll take a wild shot in the dark and say it'll be either Recount/other combat log tool, or Grid. Combat log scanning is more likely, especially if the units have different IDs but the same name, it could cause things to go a bit funny. Depending on how they work internally, 5 extra things to keep track of could easily become 25 or even 5^5=3125 times more work.

I've never noticed the issue myself, but I'm one of those people that never updates an addon until it actually breaks. Or maybe I'm just used to the lag and ignore it. I'll pay it more attention next time.

Who the hell uses Skada?

Deleted
    And the drop in FPS would point to problems with CPU, not the memory.

Yeah....

So, let's just go over your hypothetical for Windows, which seems to be the most common user profile.

The limitations of the stack and heap here are typically just under 4 GB for a 32-bit single program (and I have to assume you are using a 32 bit binary because with 64 bit, your argument really doesn't make any sense, and my game launcher uses the 64-bit version), and Windows tends to allocate chunks of contiguous heap in ~2 GB chunks. However, Windows uses a virtual addressing space called the Physical Address Extension (PAE) which allows 32-bit Windows user-mode applications to use more than 4GB of memory when running on a 64 bit architecture (such as most computers you can buy). For your argument to hold water, the game would need to exhaust its available allocation. I'm not seeing anything like that.

The only other thing I can think of with your comment is about paged memory versus non-paged memory versus disk-emulated memory (memory that has been mapped to the hard drive). In this case, I'm assuming you're a super advanced user who would actually understand how to set their page size and disk emulated memory. Though the latter can cause ms latency spikes with writes especially, it's hardly in line with whatever you were trying to say. What typically happens within the OS realm is that the OS keeps a memory cache of this disk cache within pages and the OS does some smart synchronization between the page profile and the hard disk after writes for virtual memory usage. Is your claim that the addons are loading more than the 500MB of addressable paged memory per process and that Stampede is causing a cascading page fault (which would require some truly bad chained database and memory interaction strategies)? Or are you literally claiming that the game is taking more than 4 GBs of memory when Stampede is used and we should assume everyone is running a 32-bit client for this memory argument to make sense? For perspective, the memory usage for WoW on my machine doesn't seem to go above 1.6 GB with full addons going. As for disk-emulated memory, I also use a solid-state drive, so even then, the seek latency is minimal and the throughput is high.

When you have something other than a one liner, feel free to share. Otherwise, I would tread carefully with your sarcasm.
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2013-04-08 at 05:48 PM.