Page 20 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rmlunsford View Post
    Got a new H paladin in the guild and wanted some help in log review. Let me know what ya'll think and I appreciate it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elier/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7896&e=8502
    There's some minor things he could have done better in hindsight (cooldown usage), but his biggest issue is rotational. He's casting Holy Shock every ~7 seconds, that number needs to be around 5.5 seconds or less with his 4-set bonus - unless he only got his T14 4-set after that raid.

(edit: adjusted for the fact that he died 30 seconds before the boss).
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-04-08 at 06:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas1999 View Post
    Hello all,

Our healer wants some help on how to play her alt Holy Paladin. Her gear is on par with our druid healer, but she can't get any oomph in her cooldowns. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. If you can see something she's doing completely wrong, please let me know and I'll forward it to her.

Thanks!
    Sorry. I forgot to post the link!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ne/?s=74&e=174

So, if anyone can help her with suggestions on how to handle her Holy Paladin, it would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by andreas1999 View Post
    Sorry. I forgot to post the link!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ne/?s=74&e=174

So, if anyone can help her with suggestions on how to handle her Holy Paladin, it would be much appreciated.
    It's really hard to get anything useful from a 1:40 attempt. Especially without armory (I don't know whether she has 4pc, what her stats are like, what item level, etc.)

The only tips I can really give are mitigating quake stomp - also try not to have a sac up during it, that's asking to get nuked. Though oddly the sacrifice damage didn't transfer, perhaps it just doesn't transfer over, who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    It's really hard to get anything useful from a 1:40 attempt. Especially without armory (I don't know whether she has 4pc, what her stats are like, what item level, etc.)

The only tips I can really give are mitigating quake stomp - also try not to have a sac up during it, that's asking to get nuked. Though oddly the sacrifice damage didn't transfer, perhaps it just doesn't transfer over, who knows.
    Transfer is health-pool-capped so maybe he already reached this amount of damage transfer before the stomp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post

Thanks for the tips. If you need more logs, here's the Horridon kill which is a lot longer.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2571&e=3221

Deleted
    worldoflogs. com/reports/rt-bzmdoi6903hkjq2j/

So Guys once again - our Raid on Monday (did only log 5 Bosses cause i forgot to initiate at the first 3 bosses)
    Today's logs didn't work (don't know why - cleared in 45 minutes the other 4 bosses with 3 healers)

Our Monk & Disci still think his healing is still not as good as it should be with his Gear already

eu.battle.net/wow/de/search?q=shavyna

Quote Originally Posted by soxid View Post

So Guys once again - our Raid on Monday (did only log 5 Bosses cause i forgot to initiate at the first 3 bosses)
    Today's logs didn't work (don't know why - cleared in 45 minutes the other 4 bosses with 3 healers)

Our Monk & Disci still think his healing is still not as good as it should be with his Gear already

eu.battle. net/wow/de/search?q=shavyna
    -Almost any paladin who doesn't put out enough healing has issues with using holy shock on cooldown. There have been many suggestions for keeping track of this but a simple tellmewhen icon is easily set up which should increase holy shock usage almost immediately if he actually pays attention to it and tries to use it every time.
    -Not that active time is the most descriptive piece of information in the log, but your paladin's active time is under 90%. If I didn't know better I would have thought he had died 90% through the fight. On almost any fight, your active time should be around 100%. If no one's taking damage, use holy light, if you can melee which on Tortos, Durumu, Primordius, part of Iron Qon you can then you should. In other words, you should be doing something all of the time. If absolutely no one needs healing, you can help dps the boss. Holy shock should not be his second most healed.
    -His cooldown usage could be a lot better. For Tortos, the only damage is essentially the stomp phase. For each stomp he can use a cooldown.
    -I'm not sure if he's currently in his PVP because he's wearing 2 pieces but there is quite a gap between your monk/priest's ilvl and your paladins and I'm not talking just pure ilvl here. Your paladin has neither 2 second T15 nor 4 set T14. If he really wants to heal better my advice is go pick up 4 pieces of LFR T14. If he does it right he could easily be on par with your monk or priest on some fights. His trinkets are fine but his weapon is horrible. Apart from rabidly stocking spirit, overlooking SP from the weapon is a mistake. He really needs to get some type of T15 LFR or 522 weapon. It'll boost his intellect by around 10K. Even a DPS caster 522 weapon would be better than Tihan.

Quote Originally Posted by soxid View Post

eu.battle.net/wow/de/search?q=shavyna
    His Holy Shock usage is still poor, until thats higher he won't stand a chance, specially without either set bonuses, besides that if he has/can get the T14 4 set, it will be better than any of the other stuff he can get, even at LFR level, but anything he does will be eclipsed by the lack of Holy Shock atm

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    If no one's taking damage, use holy light,
    Disagree. Overhealing during periods of low damage is best done with HS & EF alone, not to mention it is a tactic that a paladin who is already struggling should not worry about. Conserve mana during no damage; divine plea, melee the boss, don't cast. When you're comfortable with a fight and exactly how much mana you need, then start worrying about overhealing for mastery shields.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Disagree. Overhealing during periods of low damage is best done with HS & EF alone, not to mention it is a tactic that a paladin who is already struggling should not worry about. Conserve mana during no damage; divine plea, melee the boss, don't cast. When you're comfortable with a fight and exactly how much mana you need, then start worrying about overhealing for mastery shields.
    Just looking at his logs, my guess is that his problem is not with having enough mana but rather how much he's healing. I suggest using holy light because 1, he doesn't have the 4 piece T15 so even if he blanketed at 1 HP he'd only be doing it every 6 seconds and even with 4 set, it's every 4 seconds. 2, because even tho HL is most likely overhealing on whoever you're using it on, the transfer to the tank is more likely to be useful. Furthermore, even if he's having mana issues, even at 11,000 spirit, casting HL is a mana gain albeit not too much. I'm not saying just sit there and cast holy light during down times, there's a plethora of other things you can do some of which you stated but I wouldn't rule it out as something you shouldn't do.

Just looking for some insight into how I'm doing. I took a break from Holy Paly at the beginning of MoP, and only returned recently for 5.2. These are the logs from the first 6 last Tuesday. They were all simple kills, no wipes to healing issues IIRC.

A couple things I know I need to work on:

-Getting t14 4p, I am pugging T14 on weekends to try and get the tiers.
    -Using HS on CD I think I am averaging between 7-8 secs, maybe even longer on some cases. Partly, because we 3 heal a lot and there isn't too much damage going out, I'd rather save it. (If this behavior is wrong, then it isn't something I will fix)
    -I also like to save my CD's for when it gets too intense, and on fights, like council, I hardly even used them. I also, partly attribute this to 3healing.

Any pointers or tips would be appreciated.

worldoflogs dot com/reports/nvjhxo5pygnf6yfo/

Armory us.battle dot net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Sharc/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by WarrannAD View Post
    Just looking for some insight into how I'm doing. I took a break from Holy Paly at the beginning of MoP, and only returned recently for 5.2. These are the logs from the first 6 last Tuesday. They were all simple kills, no wipes to healing issues IIRC.

A couple things I know I need to work on:

-Getting t14 4p, I am pugging T14 on weekends to try and get the tiers.
    -Using HS on CD I think I am averaging between 7-8 secs, maybe even longer on some cases. Partly, because we 3 heal a lot and there isn't too much damage going out, I'd rather save it. (If this behavior is wrong, then it isn't something I will fix)
    -I also like to save my CD's for when it gets too intense, and on fights, like council, I hardly even used them. I also, partly attribute this to 3healing.
    -for 10m I prefer holy prism, larger heals, on demand single heal, much lower CD.
    -divine purpose just triggers at the best times, dont ask me why or how
    -i prefer SS over EF, just keep it on a tank, can still WoG instant which i feel is more the paladin flavour and will push your number a bit higher if you can time heals
    -get new SPA rep trink, nice mana efficiency on it, just a downside its use instead of proc
    -as for HS, ya just it as often as its usefull, no issue really when saving it, its over 9k mana

some general advice for you, hope it is useful. I'll also say try not to approach healing like a DPS too much. it is much more of an art form, you just learn how to paint as time goes on and know what needs to be done when healing. eventually it becomes much less of a set rotation. GL!

Yeah, I have the shadow pan rep trinket. I was using the relic in challenge modes.

Holy prism / LH need to be picked on a fight-by-fight basis
    DP is fine but not reliable, any fight with burst healing requirement HA is worlds better
    Nearly all the best paladins use EF, SS isn't bad but not as versatile
    HS on CD for holy power nearly in all cases, especially if the fight is hard on throughput and your mana is fine

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Holy prism / LH need to be picked on a fight-by-fight basis
    DP is fine but not reliable, any fight with burst healing requirement HA is worlds better
    Nearly all the best paladins use EF, SS isn't bad but not as versatile
    HS on CD for holy power nearly in all cases, especially if the fight is hard on throughput and your mana is fine
    Yeah, I usually change prisim/LH per fight. I've found that I like Prism on Council / Tortos / DA, and LH on Jin Rok, Horridon, Ji Kun, Durumu, Primordius(That's all I've experienced thus far) We're pushing heroics this week, I'm thinking about using Prism on Jin Rok because we cant stack as effectively during lightning storm (Thoughts?)

I've been getting used to not having Divine Purpose, switched out for sanctified wrath/HA while doing CM's and loved it. I also cant think of a scenario where having Sacred Shield over EF would be beneficial, EF blanketing is really strong. I've just got to work on my HP generation with HS on CD instead of holding it when there is no damage out. I also still find myself hitting CS if I am in melee and its a situation where I don't need to be casting a heal, I haven't run into too many scenarios where I am running OOM and thus haven't come up with a reason not to do this.

Deleted
    Hey there, since soxid was picking up the task of asking you guys for help i thought it was about time ill pick it up instead
    since last week i had alot of gear improvements (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Shavyna/simple)
    and a lot of improvement in hps (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5a...m/healingDone/) keeping in mind jin rokh hc was done w/o the heroic sword ofc :P
    am i still doing things wrong? (i'm pretty content with my hps tho)
    i could use 4 t14 now BUT i would have to swap my 522 helm to 496 and both my gloves and pant to 483 (the drop from 493 to 483 shoulders wouldn't be all that bad i guess). is it worth it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rash Kah View Post
    Hey there, since soxid was picking up the task of asking you guys for help i thought it was about time ill pick it up instead
    since last week i had alot of gear improvements (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Shavyna/simple)
    and a lot of improvement in hps (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5a...m/healingDone/) keeping in mind jin rokh hc was done w/o the heroic sword ofc :P
    am i still doing things wrong? (i'm pretty content with my hps tho)
    i could use 4 t14 now BUT i would have to swap my 522 helm to 496 and both my gloves and pant to 483 (the drop from 493 to 483 shoulders wouldn't be all that bad i guess). is it worth it?
    Yes, it's worth it, you can't compare the set bonus to stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    This appears to be what I was looking for.

I am looking for whatever help you can give for my raid group's holy paladin. We're stalling, hitting snag after snag, and she's one of the people I'd rather have doing better and sticking around. You can find her Armory here and examples of her healing here.

And I know you want to be helpful, but please don't recommend any gear outside of MV or LFR, because honestly, I don't know if we can get anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrannAD View Post
    Yeah, I usually change prisim/LH per fight. I've found that I like Prism on Council / Tortos / DA, and LH on Jin Rok, Horridon, Ji Kun, Durumu, Primordius(That's all I've experienced thus far) We're pushing heroics this week, I'm thinking about using Prism on Jin Rok because we cant stack as effectively during lightning storm (Thoughts?)

I've been getting used to not having Divine Purpose, switched out for sanctified wrath/HA while doing CM's and loved it. I also cant think of a scenario where having Sacred Shield over EF would be beneficial, EF blanketing is really strong. I've just got to work on my HP generation with HS on CD instead of holding it when there is no damage out. I also still find myself hitting CS if I am in melee and its a situation where I don't need to be casting a heal, I haven't run into too many scenarios where I am running OOM and thus haven't come up with a reason not to do this.
    I use Holy Prism on every fight except Megaera. I honestly can't see how you can get enough stacking to validate using lights hammer on most of the other fights you picked. Jin'rokh normal I did use light's hammer but switched to prism on heroic for a heal to help out the lightning storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This appears to be what I was looking for.

I am looking for whatever help you can give for my raid group's holy paladin. We're stalling, hitting snag after snag, and she's one of the people I'd rather have doing better and sticking around. You can find her Armory here and examples of her healing here.

And I know you want to be helpful, but please don't recommend any gear outside of MV or LFR, because honestly, I don't know if we can get anything else.
    She'll want to focus on getting her four piece, along with improving her Holy Shock usage

She also needs to change to Mastery, on Garalon for example, she would have easily been competitive with the RDruid, but her spec is sub-optimal

Summary; Change focus from Int > Haste > Spirit to Spirit > Mastery > Int, with the additional mana use more Holy Radiance, and change Sacred Shield for Eternal Flame, and as a longer term goal of getting the T14 4 piece (Legs are the sub-optimal piece of the set to drop)