Thread: Pve Raiding

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    Since you seem to be full of bad ideas, let me talk to you about some.

1% Crit = 600 rating.
    1% Expertise= 340 rating.
    1% Hit= 340 rating.
    With reforging, you want as much value as you can get from stats. Thus, 600 rating > 340 rating, regardless of how you look at it, and more since Crit is high stat weight and doesn't have a reachable cap.

And, since we are talking about all warrior classes, you say 2% avoidance on a Nightelf is the best? I'd argue, at least at most gear values, 1% Expertise (or 1% hit to 7.5%) to reach 15% hard cap can outweigh 2% avoidance since it allows you to shield barrier which can be used to mitigate aoe/magic damage. Avoidance vs Damage Reduction is a case by case basis. Care to argue logically? So, not only did you inform them incorrectly on dps class, but even in your rude retort to Darkfiend, you weren't accurate either.
    Why does everyone call me darkFIEND. Its friend :'(

Quote Originally Posted by darkfriend View Post
    why does everyone call me darkfiend. Its friend :'(
    hi darkfiend!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Why does everyone call me darkFIEND. Its friend :'(
    Did not realize til now that there was an R in there, pretty sure i'm not the first one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Did not realize til now that there was an R in there, pretty sure i'm not the first one
    You and everyone else pretty much. People see what they expect :P

10+ Year Old Account
    And, since we are talking about all warrior classes, you say 2% avoidance on a Nightelf is the best? I'd argue, at least at most gear values, 1% Expertise (or 1% hit to 7.5%) to reach 15% hard cap can outweigh 2% avoidance since it allows you to shield barrier which can be used to mitigate aoe/magic damage.
    Wow, really?

Tanks are supposed to tank, not DPS. Taking huge amounts of non-tanking stats just so your DPS can slack isn't the best way to gear, TBH.

Also, I was just being clear, not rude. If you want rude, check this post.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Wow, really?

Tanks are supposed to tank, not DPS. Taking huge amounts of non-tanking stats just so your DPS can slack isn't the best way to gear, TBH.

False once again, I guess you haven't seen how tanks gear now but Tank DPS is very very important in Heroic raiding.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, really?

If Sinner was insulting me I *might* be hurt. Since it's you, I just laugh and move on.

Are people really this tryhard over 1% of a stat? That's what, 500 DPS? Maybe? Probably less.

Play what you like, not what's going to give you a negligible amount of DPS. Besides, Human is better for PvP, and since you didn't mention which you'd rather do or you could possibly be doing both, look at the whole picture. If you don't like Worgen just play something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Are people really this tryhard over 1% of a stat? That's what, 500 DPS? Maybe? Probably less.

Play what you like, not what's going to give you a negligible amount of DPS. Besides, Human is better for PvP, and since you didn't mention which you'd rather do or you could possibly be doing both, look at the whole picture. If you don't like Worgen just play something else.
    This is effectively what I'm getting at.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 12:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    False once again, I guess you haven't seen how tanks gear now but Tank DPS is very very important in Heroic raiding.
    Don't know if you've noticed, the amount of people that are heroic raiding is tiny, and if the OP was heroic raiding he'd stick with Worgen for his DPS.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    This is effectively what I'm getting at.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 12:29 AM ----------

Don't know if you've noticed, the amount of people that are heroic raiding is tiny, and if the OP was heroic raiding he'd stick with Worgen for his DPS.
    The amount of stupid is too damn high.

Wow, really?

If you think expertise is strictly a dps increase, then you obviously don't know why warrior tanks are expertise capping. That expertise and reaching hard cap, which can be hard to reach depending on what gear you have, allows you to not miss shield slam and revenges, you RAGE GENERATORS as prot, while in front of the boss (which you should be since you are tanking). This allows you use Shield Block and Shield Barrier more, which are your active mitigation abilities. Also, in case you haven't been around for a while, MoP wants tanks to be competitive on damage instead of just a threat bot/afk.

Also, this sounds pretty rude.
    Obviously he failed to define his statement, then. He's clearly talking about all warriors.

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 05:43 PM ----------

Wait, so what the heroic raiders, the people who are challenging the content while more or less undergeared, don't know shit about raiding? Isn't it that more or less their life? Are you part of that "tiny" group? Also, Sinner specifically states "how tanks gear now but Tank DPS" and you went and tried to say a Worgen tank would be optimal for crit.
    Last edited by Recke; 2013-04-08 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP wants tanks to be competitive on damage instead of just a threat bot/afk.
    Hence why they buffed the DPS abilities of tanks because tanks don't care about threat or damage, and neither should raids.

If what you say is true, then Blood DKs should be gemming Haste to get runes back faster for more Death Strikes, and that's clearly not happening either.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hence why they buffed the DPS abilities of tanks because tanks don't care about threat or damage, and neither should raids.

If what you say is true, then Blood DKs should be gemming Haste to get runes back faster for more Death Strikes, and that's clearly not happening either.
    They don't gem haste because the rune regen increase is so damn small. That doesn't mean they ignore haste. Blood DKs last tier were using the haste trinket off Lei Shi for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, really?

Darkfriend is right in this one. Orc and worgen are def the min/maxing way to go. For tanking, expertise is a valid stat. In fact, earlier you mentioned "Say hello 2% dodge night elf", when dodge last on the list of stat priorities. I am not sure if this is a troll or not, since you keep flip flopping between DPS and tanking conversations.

You completely ignored the statement of "That expertise and reaching hard cap, which can be hard to reach depending on what gear you have, allows you to not miss shield slam and revenges, you RAGE GENERATORS as prot, while in front of the boss (which you should be since you are tanking). This allows you use Shield Block and Shield Barrier more, which are your active mitigation abilities." Mastery is the most effective mitigation for a Blood Dk. If warriors got rage even if they missed SS and Revenge, then it wouldn't be the case. Also, on the topic of threat, there are a lot of people who do LFR raiding, easily more than the amount who do heroic raiding. Most of these tanks (that's I've seen) have issues holding threat at the start vs any geared/semi geared dps. This is because they miss attacks at the start due to rng, boss doesn't hit them, they don't get Vengeance, and raid loses a dps. Why are you only pinpointing certain statements?

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 06:09 PM ----------

Also, since we're talking about "Blood DKs should be gemming Haste to get runes back faster," welcome to Prot Paladins. Against non-magic heavy fights, where Stam is the clear choice, most Paladins are gemming and gearing up full haste because that haste reduces the cd on their Holy Power generator which allows them to use Shield of the Righteous which is their active mitigation ability. It's mitigation vs physical is more than what you'd get from Mastery, Dodge, or Parry. Want to try to explain that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like Firebert is trolling hard here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    I don't think so. I honestly just think he is *that* stupid.

I'd be more inclined to believe he was trolling if that link he had earlier (to another thread about askmrrobot) where he states a lot of also wrong information wasn't available. It just seems he doesn't understand and refuses to let anyone correct him for some reason.

He's not, he has made posts here and on the official forums that are just insanely stupid for ages.
    I can still remember the shitstorm around him trying to justify fury pvp or macroing heroic strikes

He is just too stubborn to admit hes wrong and digs himself further trying to defend his incorrect information. Grasping at different straws each time hoping it will make him appear smarter or magically correct, when in fact it proves how very little he knows.