Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Tycho put it best when he said that EA games come with free "misery."

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I would like to see sources on some of the claims made in this letter
    The sources are in EA-Land. Where nothing is their fault, everyone has great internet connections, and everything is like an MMO "in a lot of ways." Apparently its pretty close to the Adam Orth Prairies, where every blade of grass is a 1GB Cat5 connection, in M$-Land.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-04-08 at 07:46 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I would like to see sources on some of the claims made in this letter, especially the claims about people voting against them because of the madden cover or the LGBT thing, would also have to demonstrate that these aren't just some isolated wackos and this is accounting for large numbers of the votes against them.

People hate EA because they are out of touch with their demographic, they don't seem to give two shits about video games as a medium of art or a source of entertainment. They operate solely as a business, putting profit margins and deadlines above quality every. single. time. While I can understand and even respect this position from a business standpoint, obviously the point of a business is to make money. Its killing the video game industry.
    It's amusing how often people try and cut corners in the business world. I work in a service business of the manufacturing industry where the work we put out is expected to be of high quality because we are working within measurement tolerances and spec sizes. Yet year after year the company at the corporate level tries to cut costs and save money. Cutting costs and cutting corners is in the end, causing us to have quality control problems because they don't want to spend the money where it's needed like in new equipment and proper staffing. It's amazing how many times I have had someone say "it's fine" when something was clearly out of specification. I figure if you aren't going to put in the effort on projects that are costing thousands or even millions of dollars, don't bother doing them as there is no sense in wasting time doing something half assed. EA needs to learn that.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a flash game where you control your game company. So i created the EA games and only trow out cheap and crappy games.
    Guess what....i made milions!
    Then i made a company named Westwood. And when i wanted too realise super duper games i lost so much money that i was in minus all the time.

So yeah.....greed before fun i say.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Believe it when I see it.

So I won't

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    Gamers vote EA worst company of the year again, and then go back out to pay for their games after. News at 11.

Stay classy, gamers.
    Yeah, because EA doesn't like have any long standing franchises or anything do they.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Yeah, because EA doesn't like have any long standing franchises or anything do they.
    EA has been EA for many, many years; most of those long-standing franchises came well after their shady practices were known. Yet that didn't stop people from buying into those new franchises; and yet strangely, even while they continue to give EA money to support these shady practices, they continue to complain about them.

They're a business - complain with your wallet first, your mouth second.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's strange that people here are so voval about their dislike, or hate, of EA.
    If there is a game i don't like, i don't buy it, a company i don't like, i don't do business with. Why would i shout my hate.
    There are, for exemple tons of show or movie i know i would not enjoy, well i don't watch them and don't buy the DVD, i'm sure you don't as well. Would you shout your hate about a particular show or production house on the forum?

What's all this is telling me is, beside, their dislikes of business practice, there are many still caving and buying games from EA, and hating themselves for it, so redirecting the hate to EA is a defensive mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    It's strange that people here are so voval about their dislike, or hate, of EA.
    If there is a game i don't like, i don't buy it, a company i don't like, i don't do business with. Why would i shout my hate.
    Because EA is directly responsible of brutally decimating many of the franchises I enjoyed to play along with their studios. They have long standing history of doing exactly just that.

The reason so many have hard time of understanding the dislike towards EA is because they didn't really do gaming pre-2004 when the size of gaming community started to sky rocket. And for a short time in the timelapse of 2007-2009 EA did indeed seem like a decent company that had learned from their mistakes by releasing a lot of awesome new titles and being at least for a while in the lead of innovative new gameplay/pushing the gaming forward. Especially for new gamers who didn't know about the EA of the "old times" they have hard time grasping why people really dislike them.

It is the reason why Activision took over as the "evil corporation" in that period of the time. EA has only been regaining it's position as they sink further into the hole they for a while climbed out of now that they once again push bullshit onto the gamers.

Would you shout your hate about a particular show or production house on the forum?
    If a show I enjoyed was bought out by a notoriously horrible company and the quality of production sharply dropped, then I'd very much do so

What's all this is telling me is, beside, their dislikes of business practice, there are many still caving and buying games from EA, and hating themselves for it, so redirecting the hate to EA is a defensive mechanism.
    I haven't personally bought EA games for a time that seems like forever now and EA these days provides far more entertaiment just by acting as it does because watching it from the side can be extremely hilarious. In a sad way because knowing the sales figures there's really one direction for the consumer and it's down.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2013-04-09 at 09:32 AM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    "Some claim there’s no room for Origin as a competitor to Steam. 45 million registered users are proving that wrong."

Hahaha, that's a good one. "Requires Origin to play" says "Hi".

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    "Some claim there’s no room for Origin as a competitor to Steam. 45 million registered users are proving that wrong."

Hahaha, that's a good one. "Requires Origin to play" says "Hi".
    Meh, Origin is probably one of the few things I don't hold against them. It's not like the Holy Grail Valve didn't force Steam on you through Half Life 2.

More competition is just a good thing.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    EA goes overboard trying to stop piracy with these online only and DMR things that effect the people actually willing to purchase their game more than the people pirating.
    Maybe EA has found the secret to stop piracy, making games no one wants to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Meh, Origin is probably one of the few things I don't hold against them. It's not like the Holy Grail Valve didn't force Steam on you through Half Life 2.

More competition is just a good thing.
    I agree, but the way he tries to sell this as not forced upon the players is just a douchebag move.

The more competition the better. Do you really want valve to be the only company to provide a service such as steam? I don't think so. So from this point of view Origin is a good thing.

That said, I dislike both services (for several reasons) but alas, I'm forced to use steam to play an online-game I enjoy. Generally, I refuse to buy a game (support a developer) if it forces me to use steam. In those cases I simply visit my favourite private torrent site, and skip steam/origin altogether.

EA worst company? Gamers are so emo, geez...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    steam is required for most game.

I don't think it is possible to run skyrim for exemple, without steam in background. In fact, i bought skyrim physical copy, then it proceed to install steam and i realize, i NEED an internet connection, at least once, to activate the product.

It's not always online by any means, but if i didn't have an internet connction at the time, i wouldn't be able to play the game until i activate it somehow.

Yet steam receive not heat, everyone seems to love it.

steam is required for most games bought legitimately.
    Small correction

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'm not even sure what you mean

Deleted
    I dislike how Sim City 5 costs 499 DKK at Origin for a download version while I can order a store Box-version for 288 DKK. While I can buy a CDKey for 250 DKK.

Why is it cheaper to make a case, cd and stuff?

And in 6 months they are probably gonna add new buildings that can only be bought for real money.

i'm not even sure what you mean
    Well, that simply means you're a well-behaved and honorable software user

I'm not...

Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    I just can't help but think at how telecom and bank CEO's are snickering knowing EA managed to be the Red Herring they've so desperately craved.
    Pretty much this.
    Peeps will still continue to play EA games, cos they are , you know, games. Its all about those licenses.

For a bank/telecom or even some fmcg company, this 'award' is a potentially bigger PR disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The tallest tree catches the most wind"
    What an arrogant piece of shit.

Am I the only one who doesn't really hates EA much, and hates Activision (naturally) or Square (Give. Me. My. Fucking. FF7. REMAKE!!!!!) much more?