Elemental Shaman in 2s as 2x DPS

Ok so i tried some 2s as elemental/boomkin nothing serious around 1.6 k rating ...we did more than ok against healer/dps and caster cleaves but had a bit of problem with 2 x dps usualy rogue + dps

so question 1 Any high rated elementals that play double dps if so what comp...
    q2 whats your strategy on rogue + dps combos
    q3 what tier 1 talent u use for defense

Rogues are and always will be overpowered in 2s. Same with hunters.

In 2v2, when you play double DPS whats the most important is CC, if they are instant its even better, mobility also play a huge role. A rogue is able to keep you from doing anything just by attacking you, so anytime a rogue swap on you, you are 10-15 seconds doing almost nothing for your team. Its basicly a 2 v 1. Nothing you can do sadly =( instant cc and stunlocks win in 2s
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

Unless it's hunter/rogue, save defensive CDs for every shadowdance. Apart from 8-10seconds every minute, the pressure will come from rogue control rather than rogue dmg - keep shouting at your druid to NEVER let faerie fire drop, the rogue needs restealths if they fail to gib something in the opener. If he cloaks to remove it, he's dead.

If it's hunter/rogue, meh who knows? DDoS?
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by DaChaS View Post
    Ok so i tried some 2s as elemental/boomkin nothing serious around 1.6 k rating ...we did more than ok against healer/dps and caster cleaves but had a bit of problem with 2 x dps usualy rogue + dps

so question 1 Any high rated elementals that play double dps if so what comp...
    q2 whats your strategy on rogue + dps combos
    q3 what tier 1 talent u use for defense
    2 classes that are terrible against all melee. They both lack a lot of mobility, defence and control compared to the other casters. More likely a Boomkin would do alright with any other class, but Elemental Shamans just make it that much harder. Elemental is a horrible spec against melee. All they have to do is focus you and burn you down while CCing the Druid. And you will drop quickly.

You don't really have much of a choice other than being the first to nuke the other team down ASAP. However, the moment you pop your CDs, you will often be CC or focused.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    2 classes that are terrible against all melee. They both lack a lot of mobility, defence and control compared to the other casters. More likely a Boomkin would do alright with any other class, but Elemental Shamans just make it that much harder. Elemental is a horrible spec against melee. All they have to do is focus you and burn you down while CCing the Druid. And you will drop quickly.

You don't really have much of a choice other than being the first to nuke the other team down ASAP. However, the moment you pop your CDs, you will often be CC or focused.
    Fight Boomkin + Ele on Dalaran or Blade's Edge and come back and say that again

Terrible versus melee on flat maps, 10 second knockbacks on maps with multiple floors is OP versus melee

I'm interested to see where this thread goes, I know a pretty good ele shaman who just geared up for pvp this expansion - and my dk isn't on a 3's team currently, and I may have either a disc priest or rdruid available - I have a good feeling about ele pvp now, but I'd like to hear more about them!
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-04-10 at 03:20 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Yvaelle But how many times u will get multiple floor map to match team composition....ofc we used it in our favor when its there

Ebonheart Yes agree that the choice is to first nuke other team but ... Aoe stealt makes that usualy rogue/war-retri-hunt- got the opener ...so basicly even if pop Shamanistic rage ....Capacitor Totem i cant get a break to actualy start doing any dps there

Helltrixz U made me check patch notes didnt see any nature guardian buff in 5.2 ...only stone bulwark totem ... i was experimenting with both of them think i will probably go with nature since its passive

I saw some top rated ele/boomkin even using the trinket with 50k hp and mastery instead of dps ...so i will probably go for that also

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    You don't lose the hp anymore. Stone bulwark is bad because it's bad and you can't really tremor or earthgrab much with it.

I just tried hotw as feral, I'm doing 255k healing touch crits on myself. Could probably go 400k or more as boomkin with ns.
    Dream of Cenarius is better for Boomkin, IMO. The 30% is by far enough and its up any time you need a heal. If you can't get off a healing touch, just using it on Rejuv makes rejuv heal for something like 70-80k over its duration. Boomkin actually has pretty damn strong healing with DoC. Not to mention, healing makes your dots actually tick hard.