Thread: VPs and 5.3

VPs and 5.3

Anyone knows when 5.3 will be introduced?

Currently im sitting on 3k vps, and i bought the ring, neck, trinket and back form rep. I dont need the gloves,Legs and wrist cause i have better drops from ToT (Tier). Im 4k into honored with Shado Pan Assault. Our guild has a progress of 6/12 atm. So lets say id kill every week average 7 bosses with progress and id do the weekly quest it would take me about a month to get revered so i can buy something new... But i have already now a better chest then the rep one from revered and also the waiste fro Ji -Kun is better then the one fro rep revered. If im not to unlucky ill have that by that time too...

So honestly, is it designed the way that after only few weeks into an expansion on gets already stuck on vp cap until next patch, lol?
    What did i miss?

Non raiders wont be stuck unless they get very lucky drops from Oondasta/Nalak.
    If you raid and were capped when 5.2 hit, ofc u will cap soon again.

I'm in a similar boat, except my guild is 6/13 heroic. While it would be nice to replace some filler items with 522 rep gear or work on offspec, the problem lies in that I am not revered yet with Shado-pan assault, I don't use my offspec enough and the itemization on the 522 rep gear is pretty awful (plate dps).

I've just decided to stay at 3K vp and hoard it until 5.3 launches. Less worry about keeping it each week or doing dailies.

VP is a catch-up mechanic for people with bad luck, or who are only doing LFR. If you raid norm/heroic consistently, expect to be Valor capped.

5.3 is around 6-8 weeks away

even if the valor gear is bad anything 522 is upgrade over 496 gear
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post

I'd like to add to this that the exception is set bonuses from t14/t15, I'm sure you all knew that.

Deleted
    Iam just using it for my two offspeccs as a paladin. I think I will start capping again in two weeks, because I think 5.3 is still 4+ weeks away

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post

It will be here alot quicker then you think.

Isn't upgrading coming back in 5.3 or is that just a rumor?

Deleted
    5.1 came 12 weeks after MG normal opened and 10 weeks after HoF. As the patch and the VP-Upgrader are supposed to be a slight nerf to the raids by increasing players itemlvl I think 5.3 will hit in the same span of time.

So I guess 5.3 will be hitting the servers between 15.5 - 29.5 . That would be atleast 1 more months.

I bought dual-specc gear with my VP.

Quote Originally Posted by albirieo View Post
    Isn't upgrading coming back in 5.3 or is that just a rumor?
    yes it is.
    5.3 should be in about a month as well

Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post
    5.1 came 12 weeks after MG normal opened
    8 weeks after mop came out, 7 after msv opened
    Last edited by bals; 2013-04-09 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    8 weeks after mop came out, 7 after msv opened
    Don't mean to be picky but I think it was 9 weeks after MoP came out and 8 after MSV but close enough (aka 2 months).

Another option depending on your servers market is to buy Blood Spirits for 400 VP. Either make the gear to sell or the matt itself. On my server they are selling for around 350g. Not a great deal but if you're sitting at cap with nothing else to buy it's better than nothing.

5.3 was scheduled 10 weeks after 5.2 release. It was stated in a 5.2 interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    Another option depending on your servers market is to buy Blood Spirits for 400 VP. Either make the gear to sell or the matt itself. On my server they are selling for around 350g. Not a great deal but if you're sitting at cap with nothing else to buy it's better than nothing.
    unfortunately on my server they have went from 700g a peice to 350g per in a week...

Anyone have any idea what ilevel patch 5.3 valor gear will be?

There is no new valor gear in 5.3 you can just upgrade stuff 8 ilvls.

Blizzard said it many times, their goal is 2 months for a minor content patch, 4 months for a tier. Doesn't mean they are exactly on schedule, but so far it's been pretty much 3 months for every patch:

5.0.4 - 2012-08-28
    5.1.0 - 2012-11-27
    5.2.0 - 2013-03-05

So by that logic, expect 5.3 somewhere in May, and the new raid in September. Although they might do it at Blizzcon, where they will most likely announce the next expansion.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    5.0.4 - 2012-08-28
    that was the mop pre-patch
    mop came out 2012-09-25