Deleted
    Omg Sparkuggz, you danish? Had no idea. Wow.

So an eventual BiS setup would be Wush + Breath, yes? For Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post

Wasn't it always wush and breath bis for aff?

quick Q spark, Has the opener change in anyway with the new trinkets?

I feel like lei shen's / cha ye's end up being BiS with the meta gem based on how they all interact. But your gaming of high proc dots might end up...complicated with all those factors.

A question: Im sittin on 515 ilvl right now (Aff) and i recently reforged into Haste (9978 cap) and i noticed a decent improvement from my previous build (haste/mastery equally with 6637 cap). Is this setup (9978 + GoSup) the best for affliction right now?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    It's intended to, and *almost* does, but while I can't follow it, I read a mathematical analysis showing that more events causing a chance to proc does increase proc rate - JUST BARELY. With enough targets/ticks it's noticeable, but it's not a 600% multiplier.

That said, the increase is small enough that it just can't be responsible for this unless all of the RoF ticks were considered 1 event (which would be a bug AND should show up in other fights more than it does) or, as you say, the RPPM mechanic is being fooled into providing a chance to proc without triggering a new "since last chance to proc" timer (which would also be a bug).
    I did not have a chance to try this specific bug out, but I can guarantee that with a "correct" implementation of the RPPM system, it does not matter how frequently you hit. Thus the argument "more targets => more procs" is completely unfounded.

Exact explanation :
    The chance of getting at least one proc in a 1s window hitting at frequency f (hits per second) is given by :
    1 - (1 - RPPM*1/(f*60))^f
    = 1 - exp(f * log(1 - RPPM*1/(f*60)))

At fixed RPPM=1 (haste included), this function looks like that :

Note that it looks like the chance varies a lot, but it actually only goes from 1.65% to 1.67%, and it feels like it would go up for f < 1, but it makes no sense to consider f < 1 over a 1s window.

I am pretty sure this is a strange bug, since it seems to be triggering on almost every hit I would guess that it must be the "bad streak protection" kicking in because it considers your trinket did not proc for a long time even though it's completely false, maybe because the wandering eyes are somehow "out of combat" but nothing is certain (which makes sense for a bug !)
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

Deleted
    We dont have an on-use trinket, but at least something similar in Ingi gloves.

Little annoyed with myself because I passed Breath tonight thinking I wouldn't need it :< Ah well.

Deleted
    Wish I had enough gear to go to Affli Destro just doesnt have that fluid feel of it

At 518 ilvl I fall like ~600 haste short of the 9xxx cap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    Wish I had enough gear to go to Affli Destro just doesnt have that fluid feel of it

At 518 ilvl I fall like ~600 haste short of the 9xxx cap
    Can't you gem some haste? I have 520 ilvl and with gemming haste I get about ~600 haste over the 9778 breakpoint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    Can't you gem some haste? I have 520 ilvl and with gemming haste I get about ~600 haste over the 9778 breakpoint.
    I fall 600 haste short WITH full haste gemming (But that is a combination of 320 haste gems + 160 hit/haste gems to reach the hitcap, not purely 320 gems everywhere).

Even so I doubt it is worth going Affli at this stage, I only have normal Cha-Ye and Shado-Pan VP trinket, like ~27.6k SP unbuffed but 11k mastery And I havent even completed the 6k Test of Valor legendary part yet, so the Legendary meta gem is still a few months away... sad days. On the sims anyway single target wise Affli is coming about ~15-20k behind Destro currently for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    Wasn't it always wush and breath bis for aff?

quick Q spark, Has the opener change in anyway with the new trinkets?
    Well, opener obviously depends on your trinkets (especially with Lei Shen) and 2p for Demo. Not much changes to Affliction no!

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 01:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post

Well, who knows, it feels like a very stable combo tbh. Even for Destruction

Deleted
    Imo with Wush you should delay your DS for few seconds because both has 20sec duration and obviously you want 10stack wush with DS rather than ~7-9stack.
    So prepot
    pre cast haunt
    sb:sw
    when wush procs or potion has ~21sec left use DS and now is perfect time to SB:SW and haunt again.
    Last edited by mmoc047901df21; 2013-04-11 at 11:15 PM.

Deleted
    We tried tortos last night on hc. I was playing afli and in the start we blew all cd's and so on. And I've noticed that sometimes woosholai wont proc everytime in the 1st seconds. Sometimes it delais 10 maybe 15 seconds before it procs..

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Imo with Wush you should delay your DS for few seconds because both has 20sec duration and obviously you want 10stack wush with DS rather than ~7-9stack.
    So prepot
    pre cast haunt
    sb:sw
    when wush procs or potion has ~21sec left use DS and now is perfect time to SB:SW and haunt again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've a question for you guys. I see that many "top" locks dropped the Wicked gems (exp+mastery) for the Artful (int+mastery). I've simmed it and at 515 ilvl is still a dps loss for me. At higher ilvl is a dps gain or am i missing something?
    Last edited by Gorthan; 2013-04-12 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    I've a question for you guys. I see that many "top" locks dropped the Wicked gems (exp+mastery) for the Artful (int+mastery). I've simmed it and at 515 ilvl is still a dps loss for me. At higher ilvl is a dps gain or am i missing something?
    At some point of your ilvl, hit will be so high that u don't need anymore in gems.

Can someone do the math for using DS >20% to replenish shards? We don't use GoSac now and Haunt got buffed. Some quick and dirty math showed that it can be a damage increase, but I possibly made some mistake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    At some point of your ilvl, hit will be so high that u don't need anymore in gems.
    Uhm, too lazy to write down a good analisys but that point should be when you can reach the hit cap reforging out all your hit stats to something better.

I'll post my Drain Soul >20% math here.

Let's take a 12 second time period, 0 haste, 50 combined dot dps.
    Case 1: 12 seconds of MG. 12 * 50 base dots + 12 * 50 MG ticks = 1200 damage. 1230 with 4T15.
    Case 2. 4 seconds of DS + 8 seconds of Haunted MG (time of actually applying Haunt is left out in both examples, it's dpct is pretty close to MG dot ticks).
    4 * 50 base dots + (8 * 50 base dots + 8 * 50 MG ticks) * 1.24 = 1192 damage. 1216 with 4T15.
    1.24 istead of 1.3 because we miss 4 Corruption tick events while channeling DS, which is worth about 0,2 soulshard.

Looks like a tiny damage loss, right? But! It is with 0 haste, any haste will make (DS channeling time)/(8 seconds Haunt uptime) ratio smaller, which favors DS. And we can DS when dots on target are weak and we have 0 or 1 shard. Spending them on Haunts when dots are strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    We tried tortos last night on hc. I was playing afli and in the start we blew all cd's and so on. And I've noticed that sometimes woosholai wont proc everytime in the 1st seconds. Sometimes it delais 10 maybe 15 seconds before it procs..
    Its something you just have to live with when you have RPPM trinkets. Longer you are without procs better chance you have them to proc. If you do fast wipes and short corpse running like tortos, then its almost guaranteed your trinket wont proc at the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It most definitely works.
    I tried using this as well last night on primordius and it didn't work. Not sure what I did wrong.