Deleted

how to beat a mage as monk?

So far I've learned to counter every class except hunters, demo locks and yes, mages. Crappy ones I can destroy but I can't do anything about good ones. If i fist of fury they blink or block or the pet takes half of the damage. If they root me I use tigers lust to make sure they cant deep me. If they pop cds i karma. If my tigers lust is on CD and they root me without deepfreeze I use zen meditation. It goes on, but if the mages gets 1 deepfreeze off after my trinkets are used. It's a GG.

You don't, It's chaotic nature of 1v1 PvP.

I remember when my Warlock could beat everyone but rogues.

It's like Paper, Scissors, Rock and Mushroom. Your now the Mushroom!!

Deleted
    So you have both Nimble Brew and the trinket to break deep, which means that it will take the mage 90 seconds as shortest to get a stun on you. Even with double block that is 66 seconds to kill him, with monks movability and snare breaks that should not be too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    So far I've learned to counter every class except hunters, demo locks and yes, mages. Crappy ones I can destroy but I can't do anything about good ones. If i fist of fury they blink or block or the pet takes half of the damage. If they root me I use tigers lust to make sure they cant deep me. If they pop cds i karma. If my tigers lust is on CD and they root me without deepfreeze I use zen meditation. It goes on, but if the mages gets 1 deepfreeze off after my trinkets are used. It's a GG.
    Diffuse Magic on the Deep?

Pretty sure you can use that while stunned, right?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    make sure to diffuse magic on combustion if fire.
    or any of the bombs as soon as they hit, use it offensively to reflect the spells back on them.

it's also funny to hit them with their own frost nova to help prevent kiting.

tbh though i have more luck fighting them as a brm
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    I always use healing elixirs tho =/

Deleted
    Healing elixir is fairly bad compared to the other two, it doesnt provide nearly enough protection as the other two cooldowns

Good Monks seem to take no damage during deeps (diffuse/reduce magic?), and are unkiteable....every snare is met with a roll, and they seem to have something to get out of roots as well. Touch of Karma means I cant touch them for a while too. There is some kind of incapacitate in there as well. Not sure what the CDs are on these things but I sometimes just give up and run away.