Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    I'm not entirely sure about that: but are the Luteces in fact twins ooooor - that's what i think - are they the exact same person ? only that in one reality it's a female and in another it's a male ... and that they both worked on their quantum physics stuff and happened to open tears to each others universe where they then met and decided that their incredible smartness x2 would be better for further research?

as far as i can recall while playing Bioshock:Infinite is was mentioned that Luteces (female) brother (male of course) showed up out of nowhere and nobody ever new that she had a brother in the first place.

what do you think ?
    It's explained in the game. They contacted each other via the prototype dimensional tearing device. They are both the same person, just one was born female and the other male in their respective realities.

I'm guessing Schrodinger and his cat copied the Lutece twins. Lady Comstock perceiving herself to be both alive and dead at the same is much more interesting than a cat in a box that may be dead or alive.

If only this game came out before 1935.

Totalbiscuit's opinions on Infinite and its ending. One thing in particular I hadn't noticed, which he points out:

During Bioshock, Songbird's death cry actually plays during the battle with Fitzpatrick in Fort Frolic, which means that when you and Anna go to Rapture, you arrive during the actual play time of Bioshock 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's usually pretty hit or miss whether I agree with TB or not, but I literally agreed with him on every point. I completely agreed that the combat gets in the way of the story, and the enemies are way too bullet spongy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    It's usually pretty hit or miss whether I agree with TB or not, but I literally agreed with him on every point. I completely agreed that the combat gets in the way of the story, and the enemies are way too bullet spongy.
    Yeah same here.

Also the stupid ass ghost fights annoyed the hell out of me. I just ended up lowering the difficulty to easy just to get through the fights.

And, did anyone else use nothing but the carbine and machine gun? I literally saw no reason to use any other weapon. The carbine is really good, and the machine gun is very useful with that increased clip size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    There were a few where I'd shoot them and it seemed like I had no effect on them.

usually just used the flame vigor when that happened.
    Putin khuliyo

Not sure why Lady Comstock even attacks us and completely ignores Elizabeth. We had nothing to do with their relationship.

And the Carbine seems like the best weapon to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Yeah same here.

Also the stupid ass ghost fights annoyed the hell out of me. I just ended up lowering the difficulty to easy just to get through the fights.

And, did anyone else use nothing but the carbine and machine gun? I literally saw no reason to use any other weapon. The carbine is really good, and the machine gun is very useful with that increased clip size.
    I used the Machine Gun until I got the Hand Cannon, and nothing else after that. So many of weapons just felt awful to use. Burst gun, Volley, even the rocket launcher, were just no fun. With the hand cannon it was almost always just 1 head shot 1 kill, move along.

I also didnt like the magic powers, and stopped using them unless I absolutely had to. Luckily the combat on Normal wasn't too difficult, outside of the Handyman. Half the time I just rode the sky line popping of shots at people as I went past, and they couldnt do shit.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Totalbiscuit's opinions on Infinite and its ending.
    Hmmm, interesting.

Seems TB hit a lot of the things I was talking about 2 days ago w/r/t the gameplay of the game being relatively flat, lackadaisical and not in service of the concept. "It's just a shooter", so to speak. Looks like he mentioned my gripe with the fact the city truly only exists in interaction as a shooting gallery too.

I'm so ahead of my time. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely loved this game though my only real gripe was that this turned into a cover based shooter in some situations on Hard and 1999 mode (Enemies have surgical precision with weapons at long range X_x).

Anyways, does anyone know what relevance Constance Field has? Other than a slight play on the constants and variables idea that comes about? I'm hesitant to say that she was merely used as a plot device to show the admiration that people have for Elizabeth considering how nearly everything you come across ties together.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hmmm, interesting.

Seems TB hit a lot of the things I was talking about 2 days ago w/r/t the gameplay of the game being relatively flat, lackadaisical and not in service of the concept. "It's just a shooter", so to speak. Looks like he mentioned my gripe with the fact the city truly only exists in interaction as a shooting gallery too.

I'm so ahead of my time. XD
    To be honest, I think he's probably right. As a shooter, it's certainly not pushed any boundaries, and I didn't think it had particularly moved on since the original Bioshock games. And it does feel largely like a shooter on rails, and I think that a lot of games have done both shooting better, and this style of combat better. (For example I think Dishonored has much better gameplay and combat).

But as an experience, and as an event, it's mind-blowingly good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I used the Machine Gun until I got the Hand Cannon, and nothing else after that. So many of weapons just felt awful to use. Burst gun, Volley, even the rocket launcher, were just no fun. With the hand cannon it was almost always just 1 head shot 1 kill, move along.

I also didnt like the magic powers, and stopped using them unless I absolutely had to. Luckily the combat on Normal wasn't too difficult, outside of the Handyman. Half the time I just rode the sky line popping of shots at people as I went past, and they couldnt do shit.
    Machine gun and repeater remained useful till the end too.. they just drain ammo so fast. As for the "magic", I only used shock jockey on hard, now using murder of crows/shock jockey on 1999 mode. Possession is also great for getting some extra money from vending machines when I have salts to spend.

What makes shock jockey so good is that with the upgrades and the gear that makes its effect jump to the next target if you kill an enemy while under its effects, I could just use it once, stun all the enemies, even patriots and turrets, then pick them off one by one and they remain stunned till all are dead. Murder of crows is also great because it leaves crow traps with upgrades and works against handymen.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-04-11 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Machine gun and repeater remained useful till the end too.. they just drain ammo so fast. As for the "magic", I only used shock jockey on hard, now using murder of crows/shock jockey on 1999 mode. Possession is also great for getting some extra money from vending machines when I have salts to spend.
    O.o

I tried possession on a vending machine, nothing happened so I assumed it didn't work.

Must have done something wrong . . .
    Putin khuliyo

you must have done it a second time. It only works the first time it's done on each individual machine, assuming it's actually a machine you can buy from. I don't think this includes the very first one in the carnival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

I used a variety of weapons (mainly carbine) but honestly the most OP shit in this game was Shock Jokey fully upgraded with the right perks.

It was just chain lightning kill spam.

So for some reason, I have it stuck in my head that Dishonored is another world within Bioshock. The reason I think this is because of the constants and variables. There's always a man, a city, and lighthouse. Is this a plausible theory?
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2013-04-12 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So for some reason, I have it stuck in my head that Dishonored is another world within Bioshock. The reason I think this is because of the constants and variables. There's always a man, a city, and lighthouse. Is this a plausible theory?
    anything can be a plausable theory, you just need to put the pieces together.
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Bethesda and BioWare?! IMPOSSIBRU. Would be amazing.

By the way, I don't get how Booker is only 20 when Elizabeth is around the same. The alternate universes theory doesn't account for that as far as I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Bethesda and BioWare?! IMPOSSIBRU. Would be amazing.

By the way, I don't get how Booker is only 20 when Elizabeth is around the same. The alternate universes theory doesn't account for that as far as I can tell.
    Booker is 38 yo.

Born - April 19, 1874
    Arrived in Columbia - 1912