Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun

I have the 528 version of Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun. why did see hardly anyone using this trinket? I thought heroic version was BIS

Deleted
    because not everyone is as fortunate as you although they probably have cleared this particular boss every time since the release of ToT and used up all their coins on this boss.

RNG is RNG mate.
    Been doing this boss (LFR version, its all I have time for these days) every week, using my coins and RNGesus (the god of RNG) likes to keep giving me the hit/crit chest piece. I've gotten 4 so far, instead of the trinket, or hell, even the tier token.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

i was looking at some the warriors in top raiding guilds and I do not see any of them using it, that is the reason i was asking. Yes i am lucky for once because we got 2 528 versions drop on our second kill in 25 man. As for coins i am 15/15 gold, so i am not so lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    i was looking at some the warriors in top raiding guilds and I do not see any of them using it, that is the reason i was asking. Yes i am lucky for once because we got 2 528 versions drop on our second kill in 25 man. As for coins i am 15/15 gold, so i am not so lucky.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Soy/simple

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Sinnermighty/simple

No?

10+ Year Old Account
    What about sinnermighty or soy who are both using it and are in a top 4 guild?

BTW, I have this trinket. I am using Primo and Gaze. The feather is great, don't get me wrong. The only problem I have with it is I get impatient and hate holding my CD's. You basically have to change your playstyle to maximize the Feather's output (it is a long stacking buff) where Gaze and Primo Talisman of rage just plugs into what we already do.
    Last edited by sjsctt; 2013-04-08 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    What about sinnermighty or soy who are both using it and are in a top 4 guild?

BTW, I have this trinket. I am using Primo and Gaze. The feather is great, don't get me wrong. The only problem I have with it is I get impatient and hate holding my CD's. You basically have to change your playstyle to maximize the Feather's output (it is a long stacking buff) where Gaze and Primo Talisman of rage just plugs into what we already do.
    No you don't. You don't change anything at all for feather, unless it procs on the pull, in which case you wait an extra BT cycle to let it get 2 more stacks before you burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    No you don't. You don't change anything at all for feather, unless it procs on the pull, in which case you wait an extra BT cycle to let it get 2 more stacks before you burst.
    The burst window is what I HATE sitting on. Especially as raid dps increases, it can mean getting less reck time during execute phase for shorter fights. Plus, you have to admit.....seeing 11% hit just makes you cringe.

I am not arguing against it being a BiS trinket. Math does definitely prove that one.

And to be clear--I hate sitting on the CDs, so this is a preference post.
    Last edited by sjsctt; 2013-04-08 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The burst window is what I HATE sitting on. Especially as raid dps increases, it can mean getting less reck time during execute phase for shorter fights. Plus, you have to admit.....seeing 11% hit just makes you cringe.

I am not arguing against it being a BiS trinket. Math does definitely prove that one.
    You're delaying your CDs by 4.5 extra seconds. That won't change your execute phase at all realistically.

I use twins and the valor trinket. My counterpart uses twin and feather. His gearing is similar but ahead of mine. I'm 300 above expertise cap at the moment. My burst beats him but his sustained dps does beat mine. On a whole, we are on par. It's a matter of preference. I like to pop my CDs immediately on pull which is when my 8800str proc kicks in whilst he has to build up stacks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    I use twins and the valor trinket. My counterpart uses twin and feather. His gearing is similar but ahead of mine. I'm 300 above expertise cap at the moment. My burst beats him but his sustained dps does beat mine. On a whole, we are on par. It's a matter of preference. I like to pop my CDs immediately on pull which is when my 8800str proc kicks in whilst he has to build up stacks
    It's not at all a matter of preference. It can quite simply be said that some trinkets beat others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    Thank you sir...preference! They are all GREAT trinkets. When I had Feathers, even though I was delaying, it ultimately gave me 1 more thing to track, which with new content can mean standing in a puddle for .25 secs on heroic horridon and wasting your brez! By math it is the best trinket, but TBH, you won't be disappointed with the others. Even though the valor trinket is lower on the list, for opening burst, it is incredible. People who have e-peen battles with hunters and rogues on the pull may prefer that one. My only gripe is the up-time on Gaze seems to be a bit low. The difference is marginal at best.

My only gripe is the up-time on Gaze seems to be a bit low. The difference is marginal at best.
    Yeah, Gaze uptime seem a bit low sometimes. However when it procs, procs and procs again for 3rd time with 3 stacks already, it makes me smile! Too bad it doesn't happen that often...

Deleted
    got this trinket in my first lfr, but im using 522 valor trinket (reforged) and crit trink for primordius, i find that fabled feather stacks kinda slow

i think gaze of the twins is much better than this, 2 of our best stats in one trinket str and crit procs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    i think gaze of the twins is much better than this, 2 of our best stats in one trinket str and crit procs
    This kind of information is not only useless but bad. For gear, especially for trinkets, you can't just say "hur dur it gud." There are far too many variables. Gaze IS a good trinket, but it's not because you "think" its good it's good because it IS good.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    This kind of information is not only useless but bad. For gear, especially for trinkets, you can't just say "hur dur it gud." There are far too many variables. Gaze IS a good trinket, but it's not because you "think" its good it's good because it IS good.
    cant be useless if it is true =), finally got 10 posts so ill stop!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    cant be useless if it is true =), finally got 10 posts so ill stop!
    Posts that contain no actual data, but instead consist of "I think this is good because I saw it proc x number of times" instead of "I checked world of logs and Rage had a 57.8% uptime on average with x% of times being x% of stacks so the average strength proc is x" are useless.

What i want to know is why are warriors like Soy and Sinnermighty using two 2handers , i thought SMF was best atm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaralis View Post
    What i want to know is why are warriors like Soy and Sinnermighty using two 2handers , i thought SMF was best atm?
    Originally Posted by Pharos
    im pretty sure he had ilvl 517 1her and he decided to go 2h for new tier.
    Originally Posted by Darkfriend
    Can we get people like this to stop giving advice? You don't base everything off what one person does. SMF beats TG on single target fights. AOE fights TG is several K higher per additional target you can hit.
    Originally Posted by Recke
    Landsoul is TG because those are the weapons that dropped. It also provides improved Stam to survive heroic encounters more easily. There is also a lot of Cleave fights.

Copy/paste because bed.